Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #31
HOOPIE
Lunatic Gym Rat
Brawn
Points: 996, Level: 16 Points: 996, Level: 16 Points: 996, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Sorry for being OT in your journal, but P/RR/S is a system I always felt curious about. Personally, I prefer full-body workouts. So, my question is, can P/RR/S be used with full-body routines? If so, do you know of any examples.
I've never been asked that question and IMO a full body w/o with this program could be a long w/o each day and pending on how often through the week your training it msy lead to overtraining. So i did ask the designer(Eric Broser) of the program on his thoughts. there are a few variables that i can think of. How many different exercises do you do for each body part? Whats your time frame in the gym? How many days a week do you train? whats your recovery like in your mind?

With those being ask when Eric gets back to me with what he feels i will let you know more..
HOOPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPIE View Post

Hockey is killing my wonday workouts. didnt do legs cause i know hockey last sunday pretty much destroyed my leg workout for monday. So i decided to swith my w/o up and do back on mondays. IMO it wasnt a good w/o. Felt really heavy and my back felt tired/weak.
Man, I am a big hockey fan. Up here women's hockey is huge. Anyway, great workout and enjoyed the video.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #33
HOOPIE
Lunatic Gym Rat
Brawn

HOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good posts

Quote:
I've never been asked that question and IMO a full body w/o with this program could be a long w/o each day and pending on how often through the week your training it msy lead to overtraining. So i did ask the designer(Eric Broser) of the program on his thoughts. there are a few variables that i can think of. How many different exercises do you do for each body part? Whats your time frame in the gym? How many days a week do you train? whats your recovery like in your mind?

With those being ask when Eric gets back to me with what he feels i will let you know more..
Eric got back to me and here is what he said:

Yes, this can be done using 2 exercises for large groups and 1 for smaller groups. As long as the principles are applied it will still work well!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #34
HOOPIE
Lunatic Gym Rat
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Man, I am a big hockey fan. Up here women's hockey is huge. Anyway, great workout and enjoyed the video.
Thanks Steve. Love playing hockey and my son who's 10 is getting into being a goalie. Loves the position. We play deck hockey right now however both of us are going to learn how to roller blade and play roller hockey then maybe go into ice for him. Ice not for me..LOL
Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #35
HOOPIE
Lunatic Gym Rat
Brawn

Off day today and man did it feel good. My body is sore as hell today
Old 03-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #36
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:

Thanks for taking your time out to discuss this

I am largely a beginner, so I basically do a total of 5 main exercises over the entire week plus 4-5 assistance lifts, which are -

Bench
Military Press
Squats
Deadlifts
Powercleans

plus
barbell rows
pull-ups
Pin-press
Bottom-up squat
Front squat.

As for training, I train thrice a week and my sessions last between 45 minutes on the light day to 75-80 minutes on the two heavier days.

As far as recovery goes, I think mine is average / shade below average. I find it useful to back down every 3rd or 4th week and then again up the weights next week.

Quote:
Eric got back to me and here is what he said:

Yes, this can be done using 2 exercises for large groups and 1 for smaller groups. As long as the principles are applied it will still work well!
Lol, typed up everything before I got here ^^^. Good to know Eric's opinion. At some point this year, after my current routine is done, I am thinking of trying P/RR/S on a full-body scheme.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
I am thinking of trying P/RR/S on a full-body scheme.
That would be interesting. I think it could and would work.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote