Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
ole grunt
New Brawn
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

ole grunt is off to a bad start
Default Ole Grunt's "Unleash the Beast" log

Since my progress has stalled on my current routine, I have decided it is time to shock the body in a major way. I will be altering both my training and diet. I will be using a variation of the Warrior Diet. I have followed the 6 small meals per day and 1 gram of protein per.....for the last three years and have gone from 275 and nearly 30% BF to 230 and about 18% BF, but I have had virtually no progress in the last 6 months so it is time to shake things up. My new workout split will be a 4 day split with cardio on off days except for Sunday, which will be a strictly rest day. When I was younger I was a competitive kickboxer and trained like a freak for it. So I decided to bring back some of that training in place of my usual boring cardio in an attempt to "unleash the beast" within. Got the speed bag and heavy bag up in my gym and ready to put them back to work. Anyway, I guess the idea of the Warrior Diet combined with lifting and boxing/kickboxing just seemed like a good fit. My goal is to reach a very lean 185-190 before my 39th birthday on August 7th. Today was day 1 and this is what it looked like:

Monday - Legs and abs

3 sets of 10 50lb leg extensions for a warmup along with about 10 minutes of jumping rope.

Squats- 135x15 / 185x10 / 225x6 / 185x6
Romanian deadlifts - 135x10 / 185x8 / 215x6
barbell lunges 135x16 (8 each leg) / 135x10 / 135x4 (failure at this point)
standing calf raises - 185x25 / 215x15 / 215x8/ 185x10 (failure)

I typically only rest about 30-60 seconds between sets.

Workout ended with 30 minutes of beating the hell out of my boss..errr..I mean my heavy bag.

Nutrition: between waking and 3pm I had a couple handfuls of almonds, an apple, and a carrot. Lots of water all day long. Post workout whey shake then the feast began. Started off with the world's largest salad (mostly just romaine lettuce) with a balsamic vinagrette made with EVOO. Second part was about 12 oz of roasted Turket breast and a few ounces of cheddar cheese. I just finished off with a bowl of pasta (whole grain) with kidney beans and tomatos. Will probably try to down a small shake before bed (coming up soon). Overall, I had good energy and really didn't experience the overwhelming hunger I expected for the first day. The feast was about as painful as the workout though. Not used to eating that much at once anymore, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

Any advice from those experienced with the WD is appreciated, as I fully intend to reach my goals.
ole grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links