Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
ole grunt
New Brawn
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

ole grunt is off to a bad start

BTB-no I have never had this issue before. I have always been as regular as the sun rising and setting.

and nighttrain, at this point, I really am not sure if this is healthy or not. At least not for me, but not ready to throw in the towel just yet since I know BTB and others have had success with the Warrior Diet.

If anybody has any suggestions, I am very open to them at this point. Otherwise, I may have to abandon the WD and go back to the old 6 meals a day routine and just really watch what I eat and increase the cardio even more.
ole grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

you will get it down OG
Old 03-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #13
ole grunt
New Brawn

Default Day 4

Today went a little smoother than the last few, mostly because I abandoned a few of the WD principles and had a whey shake and a few blueberries upon waking this morning. I had another whey shake around 1 in the afternoon. The headache has subsided and my energy was a little better today (still below normal for me but better). I managed to get in some cardio work (about 45 minutes on the stationary bike), but my body has still not recovered from my workouts earlier in the week so I skipped my planned back workout today. I feel pretty certain that the slow recovery is due to not taking in enough protein and since I felt better today I will continue using the shakes during the day and see if that helps. If my energy does not come back up in a few days, I will have to stop the Warrior Diet because it isn't doing me any good if I am not able to work out with the intensity I need. At any rate, I do feel better and am still optimistic that I will reach my goals with or without the Warrior Diet, although I was very optimistic about it after reading the book and reading about the success others like BTB have had with it.

Today's menu consisted of:

8am 25 grams vanilla whey with a half cup of blueberries in the blender (delicious and really seemed to bring back back to the land of the living)

1pm 50 grams chocalate whey shake

4pm cardio workout 45 minutes followed by another 25 gram shake and an apple.

5pm large plate of assorted raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery)

6:30 One delicious 16 ounce Sirloin and 2 boiled eggs while it was on the grill.

8pm large bowl of pasta tossed in olive oil, basil, garlic, and tomatos.

One last shake to come before bed

Overall, I ate like a king today and certainly more than I have had any other day this week and hopeful that my energy will be back to where it should be tomorrow. I am stuffed and content at the moment! I will wait and see how I feel tomorrow before making any decisions about adjusting the diet further.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #14
ole grunt
New Brawn

Friday was a good day. Ate about the same as Thursday with a couple of shakes during the day along with some veggies and a few almonds. Nightly feast was not as large since I am taking in more calories during the day, and I have honestly gone back to focussing on getting in more protein. My body just runs better with high levels of protein and my energy levels are back up.

Friday - Shoulders and Abs

side DB laterals - 3 sets 20x20 , 25x15 , 35x8
front DB laterals - 2 sets 25x15 , 30x10
Barbell Military press - 3 sets 135x10 , 135x10, 155x6
Shrugs (barbell) 3 sets 225x10, 275x8, 315x8
Upright Rows 2 sets on machine 100 pound burnouts
decline situps - 3 sets x 25, 25, 20

20 minutes cardio -went for a nice slow jog since it was a decent day out.

It is Saturday morning, I have had my shake and a boiled egg. About to go for about 45 minutes of kickboxing workout. My shoulders feel like hamburger meat right now, so there is probably going to be a lot more kick than boxing.
Hope all is well with everyone else today.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #15
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

Nice workout man. I have been looking into something like kick boxing or BJJ seems like it would be a fun way to do cardio
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
Nice workout man. I have been looking into something like kick boxing or BJJ seems like it would be a fun way to do cardio
haha. in the summer this is what i do for cardio, but just with my friends, no training.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 03-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole grunt View Post
Friday was a good day. My body just runs better with high levels of protein and my energy levels are back up.
I'm pretty much the same way. As long as I'm getting a boatload of protein (especially while cutting) I feel energetic.

Numbers are looking good. Keep hard at it OG.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
ole grunt
New Brawn

Thanks for the support BTB, and I think I am going to stick with your idea of taking in 500 or so calories worth of Whey throughout the day. I want to lose fat, but I dont want to burn up too much of my hard earned muscle in the process. Losing a little muscle and strenght I can handle, but what I dealt with in week one leads me to believe that I was losing too much of both because I just was not recovering at all from my workouts. My legs were still sore on Friday after my Monday leg workout. I'm going to keep the protein high during the day and maybe clean up the feast a little for week two and see how it goes. Again, thanks for the support from all. There seems to be alot of knowledgeable people on this board who are willing to lend a helping hand when needed rather than flame you for asking a "dumb" question.

BTW- Saturday was a cardio only day for me, and I am taking today off as well to just let my body heal up a little before getting after it again tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Glad to help!

If you're not recovering I would get more whey and possibly Scivation Xtend. Xtend really helps me with DOMs and recovery.

SciVation XTend - Amino Acids For Energy & Recovery - On Sale now! | Muscle & Strength

Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

How's it going OG?