Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #181
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Damn! I've never seen a gym with more then one squat rack.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #182
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Damn! I've never seen a gym with more then one squat rack.
I actually counted in my head and it's probably 10-12, but still more than any commercial gym I've ever been to.
Trevor Lane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #183
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Good progress in here, Trevor. I'm envious of your squat racks. My gym has one squat rack, but no power rack (with adjustable pins). There are four leg presses and two Smith machines. Sucks big time because I could just do all of my work in the rack from beginning to end.

Anyways, I had a question for you with the Paleo eating. Do you count macros and separate protein/fat meals from protein/carb meals? Does it make a difference on paleo?

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #184
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn

Urban Sniper Champion!
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltom View Post
Good progress in here, Trevor. I'm envious of your squat racks. My gym has one squat rack, but no power rack (with adjustable pins). There are four leg presses and two Smith machines. Sucks big time because I could just do all of my work in the rack from beginning to end.

Anyways, I had a question for you with the Paleo eating. Do you count macros and separate protein/fat meals from protein/carb meals? Does it make a difference on paleo?

Thanks man.
On the paleo question, that depends on your goals. If you're trying to achieve ketosis, then you need to seperate moderate/high and no/low carb days and make sure you have at least 48 hours of no/low carbs, as that is the minimum ammount of time to get ketogenic. Some schools of thought with paleo on macro breakdown believe fat is the uber nutrient, so you go for more fat with protien second and carbs incidental. I personally go for 1.5-2g/lb BW for protien, ~1g/lb for fat, and as little carbs as possible (mainly fruit and milk). The good thing with paleo is you can reap health benefits regardless. If you want to cut, get your cals, fat, and carbs as low as you can while maintaining a good protein intake... to bulk you up everything but still avoid all the paleo no-nos (beans, grains, potatoes). At any rate, once you cut out those indigestible toxic foods you'll immediately have more energy and better digestive health and stand close to 0 chance of ever having diabetes or arthritis if you keep it up for life. Here's the article that truned me onto it: http://www.arthurshall.com/x_2009_caveman_diet_2.shtml

Last edited by Trevor Lane; 05-13-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #185
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Thanks for the link, Trevor. I've used Paleo as my diet template for a while, but I couldn't stop eating peanut butter, and early on I was hooked on yams. I want to clean it up a bit here, so this helps.

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #186
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn

Urban Sniper Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltom View Post
Thanks for the link, Trevor. I've used Paleo as my diet template for a while, but I couldn't stop eating peanut butter, and early on I was hooked on yams. I want to clean it up a bit here, so this helps.
Peanuts aren't terrible as far as macros, but they are not digestible (notice your poop when you eat them, just like corn)... yams, as long as they really are yams and not sweet potatoes, are definitely on the paleo menu but they are highly glycemic so should be consumed sparingly if at all (maybe PWO carb source). My big issue was trying to be ketogenic, I love milk and it definitely is not conducive to ketosis: 13g sugar and only 8g protein and fat per 8 oz serving. So I've become less anal about ketosis (I never got into the litmus testing and stuff that some folks do) and I eat what I feel like within the paleo lifestyle M-F and cheat on weekends. Since I started this log, I've gained 10 lbs while losing about an inch from my waist which tells me I'm gaining muscle and losing fat even if I'm not ketogenic. I'll be taking some progress measurements later this week, so then we'll know for sure if I need to make any changes to what I'm doing.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #187
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn

Urban Sniper Champion!

Thurs - 13 May 10 - Lower Body push/pull
A bit of a new approach, getting away from my squat circuits as they were boring me a bit...
Leg supersets of squats+calf presses+leg curls: warmup@10*225+400+120, 5*315+580+150, 5*325+580+150, 5*335+670+150, 5*345+670+135, 5*355+670+135

Abs: warmup w/15 inc. situps@7th/highest, 12 side bends, 50 ab wheel
4*8 incl situps w/25 lbs (7th, 5th, 3rd, and 1st), 20 side bends, and 50 ab wheel

F*ck, that leg superset was awesome!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #188
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
Thurs - 13 May 10 - Lower Body push/pull
A bit of a new approach, getting away from my squat circuits as they were boring me a bit...
Leg supersets of squats+calf presses+leg curls: warmup@10*225+400+120, 5*315+580+150, 5*325+580+150, 5*335+670+150, 5*345+670+135, 5*355+670+135

Abs: warmup w/15 inc. situps@7th/highest, 12 side bends, 50 ab wheel
4*8 incl situps w/25 lbs (7th, 5th, 3rd, and 1st), 20 side bends, and 50 ab wheel

F*ck, that leg superset was awesome!!!
Supersets was really impressing! Good work man!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #189
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn

Urban Sniper Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Supersets was really impressing! Good work man!
Thanks man. Good stuff indeed.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #190
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

2D Knock-Out Champion! Lost for Words - Football Teams Champion!
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

nice superset on those legs dude! that looks like a helluva workout.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote