Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jcam workout log...... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2217)

JCAM 03-02-2010 07:58 AM

Jcam workout log......
 
Well, here it goes. Today is the day I change my life, RIGHT? Bad shoulders, high cholesterol, athritis kickin in...... Stop me any time.....lol.....

I think by posting my training log on here it will help motivate me to get back into it. I have been off for about 3 years. I have a bad left shoulder(needs replacement, Dr. trying to get 10-12 years out of it.) I use to complete, nothing impressive, just did it for my own competition. Started training when I was about 15. I haven't competed in about 9 years.

Squat 600
Bench 550
Dead 630
all @ 275lbs

I hit 40 couple of months ago, dont think I want to compete anymore, just feel good. I use to work in the gym, (I lived for the gym) then started applying myself more to my work and before I knew it I was no longer an avid "weightlifter" my wife tells me she would like me to be ripped "like its something you just order at GNC" I have made up my mind Today is the day that I make an aggressive effort to hit the gym. I have been cleaning up my diet for the past 2 weeks, my belief was why go to the gym if my diet was for S^^^.

So, please if you have any good advise please feel free to let me know, if you have any bad advise or critisism please feel free to keep it to yourself.....

Thanks for taking the time to read my log......

kitarpyar 03-02-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCAM (Post 33459)
I use to complete, nothing impressive

... and then ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCAM (Post 33459)
Squat 600
Bench 550
Dead 630
all @ 275lbs

If ^^^ this isnt impressive, then I dont know what is. Good luck man, looks like this journal will have the details of some kick-a$$ weights.

JCAM 03-02-2010 08:21 AM

Log for Monday 3/1/10
Incline press, 135*2*15(warmup) 145*4*10
seated chest press 120*4*8
peck deck 70*4*10
superset
rope pushdowns 60*10,50*10,40*10,40*10
overhead rope extensions 50*10,40*10,40*10,30*10
walked on tread for 20 minutes

Holy S*** talk about depressing, the went so lighti thought I was 15 again.....
Oh well, the wait will come back (I HOPE) Shoulder was EXTREMELY sore, for the remainder of the day.

JCAM 03-02-2010 08:25 AM

Thanks Kitarpyar, I hope the weights do increase.

BendtheBar 03-02-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCAM (Post 33459)


I hit 40 couple of months ago, dont think I want to compete anymore, just feel good. I use to work in the gym, (I lived for the gym) then started applying myself more to my work and before I knew it I was no longer an avid "weightlifter" my wife tells me she would like me to be ripped "like its something you just order at GNC" I have made up my mind Today is the day that I make an aggressive effort to hit the gym. I have been cleaning up my diet for the past 2 weeks, my belief was why go to the gym if my diet was for S^^^.

So, please if you have any good advise please feel free to let me know, if you have any bad advise or critisism please feel free to keep it to yourself.....

Thanks for taking the time to read my log......

Glad to have you here. We have similar backgrounds, though I never competed. I was a hardcore lifter and took time off due to work stress/lack of sleep for years. I started back up again at the right before my 40th birthday.

I hope you stick with it. You'll get all the encouragement you can handle here.

Any clue how you are going to train?

When I got back at it I pretty much used a one day on, one day off. My weights were pathetic, and I was frustrated. Hang in there. it comes back fast, even at our age.

JCAM 03-02-2010 08:50 AM

Well, I was thinking about a bodypart a day, (hoping that would motivate me enough to get back in) However, today Im pretty sore and I was actually thinking about the 1on, 2 off routine.
day 1 chest
day 2 off
day 3 back & biceps
day 4 off
day 5 shoulders & triceps
day 6 legs
day 7 off
as far as a routine? I have always been intrigued by Power and strength. I was actually thinking about the Bill Kazmaier routine and tweeking it out a bit. I am alittle afraid of pushing my shoulder to the limit though (hense the no more competiing). Unfortunatley for work I cant kill myself in the gym. Im a police officer so I should always save a little in the tank for work.....(I work in Detroit, so there is always the opportunity for things to go south quickly). Im gonna try to start running atleast 3-4 days per week. I found an ex-navy seal (Stew Smith) been following his ideas for years. He has a beginner running program that I thought looked easy enough.

BendtheBar 03-02-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCAM (Post 33469)
Well, I was thinking about a bodypart a day, (hoping that would motivate me enough to get back in) However, today Im pretty sore and I was actually thinking about the 1on, 2 off routine.
day 1 chest
day 2 off
day 3 back & biceps
day 4 off
day 5 shoulders & triceps
day 6 legs
day 7 off
as far as a routine? I have always been intrigued by Power and strength. I was actually thinking about the Bill Kazmaier routine and tweeking it out a bit. I am alittle afraid of pushing my shoulder to the limit though (hense the no more competiing). Unfortunatley for work I cant kill myself in the gym. Im a police officer so I should always save a little in the tank for work.....(I work in Detroit, so there is always the opportunity for things to go south quickly). Im gonna try to start running atleast 3-4 days per week. I found an ex-navy seal (Stew Smith) been following his ideas for years. He has a beginner running program that I thought looked easy enough.

Hopefully your DOMs will improve after a month. The 4 day split above is pretty close to what I run (for the most part). When I started back at it, I was doing only pushups, situps and chair dips and the DOMs was bad.

I prefer to get in, workout, and get out. About 45 to 50 minutes is my limit. I like to save some in the tank too, just to have energy for my wife and kids.

Does your shoulder bother you more on pressing movements, or on squats?

nighttrain 03-02-2010 09:11 AM

good luck JCAM, you are now on the board full with "old" dudes.... lol, we all feel your pain, great board, loads of information, and lots of support... i look forward to following your log. drop into mine if you get a chance and have a look at how my split goes.

Grim83 03-02-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighttrain (Post 33474)
good luck JCAM, you are now on the board full with "old" dudes.... lol, we all feel your pain, great board, loads of information, and lots of support... i look forward to following your log. drop into mine if you get a chance and have a look at how my split goes.

Hey some of us aint like you old farts :thefinger:.... Anyway welcome Jcam, and those weights look great, hopefully you'll be back in no time

nighttrain 03-02-2010 10:18 AM

i said it was full of old farts, i never said there wasn't a group of young bucks on here that are doing great and wonderous things.....

and then there is GRIM83..... the young smarta$$ of the group that makes being on this board so much fun!!!!

and id also like to point out that i maybe moving to Alabama when i retire, so i might just get the chance to take ole young Grimster to the gym some day and show him just how us "OLD FARTS" do it!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.