Old 02-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
Big-Al
#hookgrip
New Brawn

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deathlifts
Fav Supp: Huge Gainer
Big-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributor
Default Big-Al's ongoing log

Thought this would be as good a place as any to keep some updated tracked. I'll update as I can, I don't have the chance to get on here as much as I'd like.
For now here's a training pr. Last time I hit this was in wraps about 4 months ago and definitely at a higher rpe. Probably had at least one more in me here.
I'll be starting g my actual meet prep soon and competing with bendthebar at the uspa meet in June.

http://youtu.be/3BhTGbqgbLM

Last edited by Big-Al; 02-22-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Big-Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
Big-Al
#hookgrip
New Brawn

Big-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributorBig-Al is a dedicated contributor

Deficit SLDL 245x5x15

Bench worked up to 365 w/ 5 sec pause
Double pause 315x5, 295x5, 275x5
Old 02-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
Big-Al
#hookgrip
New Brawn

50# box squat pr

https://youtu.be/Padb6cF36vs
Old 03-11-2016, 07:43 AM   #4
Big-Al
#hookgrip
New Brawn

Tuesday hit 370x3 bench, feeling pretty solid there.

Last night 535x5 box squats for a 40# 5-rep pr.

http://youtu.be/_gETuVhTpds
Old 03-11-2016, 11:23 PM   #5
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Awesome work, very nice 5 reps squat PR!

Training log
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:30 PM   #6
Dray
disciple of Crom
Max Brawn

Training Exp: few years on/off
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: whey - that's it!
Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Awesome you'll be doing a meet with Steve. Any idea the numbers you're shooting for at this stage?

Very strong work in here, btw.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
Big-Al
#hookgrip
New Brawn

Thanks guys!

Had a crappy morning but still hit 355 by almost 5
https://youtu.be/3ZWZ2HhtVxU

I would like 1800 at the meet but that's a long reach. Squat goal is 675 with wraps. If things keep progressing at their current rate I may hit even higher.
Bench goal is 425. That was my goal for my last meet but a bad tendonitis flare up set me back and wwon't out with 395 on my 2nd attempt.
DL I have no idea what to expect. 640 was pretty fast in January, was hoping for close to 7. In a bit of a slump right now though. Mainly a mental thing. Been trying so hard to tweak my form that I more or less ruined it lol.

It will be a hell of a meet regardless of the numbers.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:12 AM   #8
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Hitting 5x355 on a crappy morning!? Monstruous work, Al!

Training log
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #9
Big-Al
#hookgrip
New Brawn

dropped another pr. 385x3

Last edited by Big-Al; 03-22-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
robsorangegym
Hillbilly Lifter
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Powerlifting since 12/15
Fav Exercise: Squats
robsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machine

strong benching

USPA Meet PR's 75kg Open/Masters Class
Squat: 162.5kg (358.25lbs) Bench: 125kg (275.58lbs)
Deadlift: 190kg (418.88lbs) Total: 477.5kg (1052.71 lbs)
robsorangegym is offline   Reply With Quote