Old 12-27-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
bigalfry
Víđarr
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Yoke
Fav Supp: Beef
bigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master member
Default BigAlFry's Wannabe Strongman Log

My last log was titled 531 and it's been a long time since I've run that program. I'm starting the 12 week starting strongman program so I thought since my focus has fully shifted to strongman so I think a new log is in order.

Week 1 Day 1 December 27

I have to break the clean and press into two movements - a barbell clean and a kneeling press due to my ceiling height. I'm supposed to do 6 sets of 3, but I did 3 sets of 6 of each movement.

1. Barbell Clean 140 x 6, 6, 6
2. Kneeling OH Press 140 x 6, 6, 6
3a Lat Pulldowns 150 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
3b Face Pulls Purple band x 20, 20, 20, 20, 20
4. Zydrunas Press 95 x 6, 0 Probably went too heavy considering how much I had done already.
5. 3-way shoulder raises 10 x 10, 10, 10
6a Preacher Curls 40 x 20, 20, 20
6b Tricep Pull Downs Purple band x 30, 30, 30

Last edited by bigalfry; 12-28-2015 at 11:36 AM.
bigalfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
christinem
Max Brawn

Fav Exercise: All things Zercher
Fav Supp: Pancakes & Backstrap
christinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master member

Very excited to see one of my MAB brothers on the same program as I. You'll be one sore monkey tomorrow. Lol Awesome work!!!
christinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
Got2Squat
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Almost two years.
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Consistency
Got2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machineGot2Squat is a lifting machine

Good luck with the new program. You still going to do any powerlifting meets or focus solely on strongman now?

Squat 445
Bench 290
Deadlift 500
Total 1235 @ 198
Got2Squat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

So, that means more Atlas stones that may accidentally land in the neighbour's frontyard during Spring?
Strong start, Al!

Training log
yangwenbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
bigalfry
Víđarr
Max Brawn

bigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master memberbigalfry is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinem View Post
Very excited to see one of my MAB brothers on the same program as I. You'll be one sore monkey tomorrow. Lol Awesome work!!!
Lol, the first day isn't too much of a stretch from what I was doing before so I'm not too worried about the DOMS from today's session. Im a little concerned about being able to walk after leg day tomorrow though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Squat View Post
Good luck with the new program. You still going to do any powerlifting meets or focus solely on strongman now?
Not sure on the powerlifting. Im definitely more concerned with my strongman events for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenbin View Post
So, that means more Atlas stones that may accidentally land in the neighbour's frontyard during Spring?
Strong start, Al!
Lol, yes they should watch out. Although I'm probably going to use a sandbag for the time being until it gets above -20°c here.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #6
bigalfry
Víđarr
Max Brawn

Week 1 - Day 2 - December 28

Today was the day I feared. I hate front squats and that was a big part of today's session. Prescribed was 55/65/75% of max but because I never front squat I have no idea what my max was and I ignorantly guessed using my back squat max. Yeah that didn't work out too well. I guess it's good that I'll be doing front squats. You should always work on what you suck at.

Paused Front Squats 185 x 3, 185 x 3, 185 x 4
After that first set I knew I was in trouble. I decided to do the others with the same weight. Based on today's performance my max front squat is about 205 so the weights I should have been doing was 115, 135, and 155. Live and Learn
Back Squat 220 x 8, 8
Barbell Lunge 95 x 8, 8, 8
Backward sled drag - I substituted walking backwards on the off treadmill which provided very little resistance so I did them as a sprint 60 paces x 2 runs
Weighted Planks 50 x 60s, 70 x 60s, 70 x 40s I messed about with putting plates in a backpack for a few minutes before I decided to just attach my dip belt to my low pulley and to them that way. I collapsed on the third set.

I'm going to hurt tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get used to front squatting.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #7
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Brutal session

Training log
yangwenbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:28 AM   #8
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Strong start and two very good session already under your belt ... ... keep up the great work big Alex ...
Old 12-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #9
christinem
Max Brawn

Fav Exercise: All things Zercher
Fav Supp: Pancakes & Backstrap
christinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master memberchristinem is a master member

Nice job on those fronts.. Brutal plank work!!
christinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #10
bigalfry
Víđarr
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenbin View Post
Brutal session
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Strong start and two very good session already under your belt ... ... keep up the great work big Alex ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinem View Post
Nice job on those fronts.. Brutal plank work!!
Thanks guys, that session hit me hard. It also seems like the lunges have exposed some imbalances in my lower half. My left glute and my right quads are extremely sore. It's kind of bizarre feeling.