Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-24-2015, 03:06 AM   #1
PeteV
Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Vital Strength
PeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributor
Default Pete's training log

Thought I would start this for a personal reflection of how my training is going. You guys will all out-lift me but I really love the personal challenge of powerlifting!

So, I'm 42, started lifting on my 40th birthday as I was sick of being fat and lazy. Far nicer just to be fat & strong!

I had steady progress and personal bests 1RM for lifts as of 01/01/2015 were:

Squat 150kg

Deadlift 220kg

Bench Press 120kg

I was using a 3x8 program and probably should have shifted into an intermediate program but ruptured both rotator cuff while benching earlier this year. So, after rehab, more rehab and professionals telling me to never lift heavy again, I recommenced training exactly one month ago on 25th November.

I have been using the Stronglifts 5x5 program as I the app is really easy to use and a good way of keeping a training log. I started with an empty bar and after the first week I increased the weight on all lifts to a more appropriate level but not too heavy to aggravate my injuries.

As of yesterday 23/12/2015 my current lifts are

Squat 85kg 5x5 (yes, piss weak but am going slow because of my old man knees)

Deadlift 130kg 5x5

Bench Press 70kg 5x5

Looking to compete at my first ever meet in 2016.

Last edited by PeteV; 12-24-2015 at 03:20 AM.
PeteV is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2015, 03:22 AM   #2
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Nice restart, Pete!

Training log
yangwenbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 06:45 AM   #3
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Good start Pete ... it is never too late to start something good ... you have some great nos. and I'm sure with a little bit of consistency and patience, you will surpass those nos. ... keep lifting and smashing the wts. brother ...
Old 12-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #4
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

Welcome!
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
PeteV
Brawn

PeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributor

Thanks guys,

Today I trained Squat, OHP and deadlifts,

Numbers are:

Squat 87.5kg 5x5

OHP 42.5kg 5x5

Deadlift 130kg 3x5 then I decided to try a single at 165kg and NAILED IT!!!!!
Old 12-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #6
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Good going there, mate. And welcome to MAB, btw.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Strong work, nice pull, bro!

Training log
yangwenbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #8
KennyM
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: On and off about 7 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Milk, I crave for it.
KennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributorKennyM is a consistent contributor

Welcome Pete. Very nice lifting, good job on the DL. Make sure you invest in some knee sleeves for your old man knees.
Squat 451/Bench 286/DL 540

Next meet USPA 4-23-16

As of 2-7-2016 being coached by Miked96
KennyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:55 PM   #9
PeteV
Brawn

Last training session of the year!

Squat
1x5 @ 45kg
1x5 @ 55kg
1x3 @ 70kg
5x5 @ 90kg

Bench press

1x5 @ 35kg
1x5 @ 50kg
1x3 @ 60kg
5x5 @ 72.5kg

BB rows 5x5 @ 72.5kg

Legs were still aching from Monday but made it through ok. Not sure if I'm recovering enough with 3 squat days a week but will stick with 5x5 until I'm successfully squatting 100kg. This year's lay off really took it's toll on my strength & joints! Needs to invest in those knee sleeves!

Last edited by PeteV; 12-29-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:34 AM   #10
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Going great Pete ... just make sure about your food / supplementation intake and your body will get used to it very fast ... keep killing it mate ...