Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
Stienthor
Brawn

Training Exp: with weights 1+ yr
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Squat
Stienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good posts
Default Stienthor's Log

been routine hopping for a bit trying to find one that catch's my attention. Finally found one, so figured I would begin a log here, seeing how I lurk here so much.

Routine is quick and simple. Found it on the net. supposedly a "Power building program". there was no progression scheme so I decided on the following

successfull current weight, set and rep I increase by 5lbs next workout.
Fail one time no increase. Fail twice in a row I drop 10% or 10 lbs which ever is more

Currently starting third week.

Today was Chest day.

BB Bench press. 5x5 x 190 lbs.

DB Fly. 3x12 @ 30 lbs.

INC. DB BP 4x10x50lbs

DB Pull over 3x12x50lbs

Treadmill 30 minutes 3.5 mph 2.5 incline. ( been doing a progression of .5 % incline increase per week.)

Tommorrow is legs
see ya then

Last edited by Stienthor; 12-08-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Stienthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Nice start! Strong 5x5.

Training log
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #3
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25!
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Cookies&Cream Whey
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

smart plan!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
Stienthor
Brawn

Stienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good posts

Leg day today.
nothing slow or methodical about the way I do these Exercise's. Trying a new idea, and doing these like an engines piston. Puts a whole new aspect to the movement.

Squats 5x5x250lbs

Leg Press 4x10x250

Lying leg curl 4x10x100

30 minutes cardio on treadmill. 2.5 Incline 3.5 mph
Old 12-09-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Nice 5x5!

Training log
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #6
Stienthor
Brawn

Shoulders today.

Made a change in the program and glad I did.

Standing O.H.P 5x5x120
1 arm cable Lateral Raises 3x12x30lbs

This is supposed to be 4 sets but I physically could not even start the 4th set. Till today I was doing DB lateral raises but no matter what I would try I always walked away with my Front Delts feeling like they were exclusivly worked. The Cable laterals nailed what I wanted worked. Next week gonna try a one arm DB version as the gym I go to all the machines and cables are very popular so I try to stay away from them so that I can keep my desired pace.

Standing BB Back Press. 3x12x60
Wide grip upright Row 3x12x55
Bent over DB Lateral raise 4x12x20

I have actually never done this one till I started this program, Wow is all I have to say about how that hits my back Delts.

Treadmill 30 minutes 3.5 mph 2.5 incline

Total time 1hr 8 minutes.

I am finding that with the fact that I have cleaned up my eating and this program going I am looseing weight with out trying. gonna do what I need to keep that going cause lord knows I could loose some of what I have

Tomorrow is arms.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #7
Stienthor
Brawn

Today is scheduled to be an arm day, but being a family man the fact is I am not always able to get to the Gym. When Life gets in the way Arm day gets sacrificed. Son has a big hockey game I have to get him to tommorrow, so today became back day.

Normally it being arm day I would do the following.

BB curl 3x12
Incline DB curl 3x12
Alternating Hammer curl 3x12
Behind head BB tricep Extension 3x12
Push downs 3x12
standing DB 1 arm tricep extension. 3x12
30 minutes treadmill

What is normally on Friday which I did today is
BB Deadlift 5x5x230lbs
DB 1 arm row 4x10x55lbs
Assisted pull ups. 3x8x75lbs only exercise I have where I want the weight to go down.:-)
30 minutes on treadmill. I did not do this today as I needed to be quick in and out. winter storm here in Manitoba meant I could not dilly dally getting home .

all exercises completed and weights increasing next week

plan on keeping cardio going with dog walks and my stair case through the weekend. See you all Monday
Old 12-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #8
Iron_Addict82
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Not enough
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
Iron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master member

Looking good!
Iron_Addict82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #9
Stienthor
Brawn

BB BP- 5x5@195lbs
DB Fly 3x10@35lbs
Inc. DB BP 10x10x7x6@ 55lbs
missed the reps for this exercise today so no increase next week.

DB Pullover3x12@55lbs Now that I am getting into heavier weight for this movement, I am really beginning to feel it in my triceps. I have played with this one before but never really serious with it till now. Does anyone know if this is normal or am I over useing my arms ?

30 minutes at 3.5mph @3degree incline

over all was a good work out. I always like starting a new program out lite. hoping now that I am getting into true working weights these short routines start feeling more like I am doing something. regardless I am enjoying the program. the treadmill cardio is really doing great things getting my foot and ankle back in shape after recovering from the ligament damage and fractured ankle this summer

Last edited by Stienthor; 12-14-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #10
Stienthor
Brawn

leg's today went as follows

BB Squat 5x5@ 255 lbs I am still able to do this with a quicker motion until the 4th and 5th set by the 3rd - 5th rep it is becoming a bit of a grind. For the first time today I noticed I am becoming capable of squating deeper than I have in the past.
Leg presses 4x12@255lbs
Lying leg curls. 4x12@110lbs like usual I feel like one leg is doing more than the other, unless I really concentrate to keep that from happening. Been considering doing this movement as a one leg version, but not willing to go that route right yet

30 minutes 3.5mph at 3% incline

like usual I very much enjoyed squating. :-) Not sure if it was just an off day, but my ankle seemed to be protesting just a bit during the squats. Not a big deal as it has become second nature to mentally monitor my left foot. I will just assess the situation as usual on a daily basis

Last edited by Stienthor; 12-15-2015 at 08:13 PM.