Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-09-2015, 04:31 AM   #1
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef
Nezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machine
Default Nezzy's Training Journal

Hello everyone, I've previously had a log over at M&S and decided to move here as this is where all the cool guys are.

Old log here:

<will insert link when I've made 15 posts>

In the last three years I've ran:
Power Muscle Burn
Stronglifts
Madcow
5/3/1

With varying levels of success (most success when I've been hitting the gym consistently and eating plenty, least success when hitting the gym and eating inconsistently, surprise surprise).

I've been running Candito's 6 week program for 2 and a half cycles now and really enjoying it. When I started training I could barely bench 70kg for something resembling a 4 board press, and had never squatted to depth. My deadlift form was all over the place.

After three years of hard work my form is looking good, and my lifts are up to:

Squat 170kg (earlier this year)
Bench 105kg (Nov 2014)
Deadlift 192.5kg (Jun 2014)

I blame lack of progress on the lifts on a few factors:
1) having a baby earlier this year, no sleep, and about 5 weeks off training
2) giving up on all supplements, they must do something
3) not wanting to weigh more than 14 stone

My weight has yoyo'd a bit over the last few months, but I'm not in any hurry to get very strong, very big or very muscular, as long as I keep turning up and the weight gets slightly heavier I'm happy. I'm just about back to my pre baby strength which is awesome, bench is going up, squat is going up, deadlift may be going up.
Nezzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2015, 04:34 AM   #2
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Nezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machine
Default Candito Cycle 3 Week 3 Day 1

Squats
20kg x lots 40kg x 5 60kg x 5 80kg x 3 100kg x 3 120kg x 1 140kg x 1147.5kg x 3,1
Was supposed to be three sets of 4-6. Terrible start to the new journal. I wasn't feeling it at all today and hadn't squatted for a week, hopefully it'll get better next week.

Deadlifts
60kg x lots 100kg x 5 120kg x 2 140kg x 1 157.5kg x 3,3
This was the bare minimum here, 2 sets of 3-6 was asked for. I didn't feel like I had anything else and after a slightly dodgy deadlift session on Monday I'm happy enough.

Cable Crunches
15kg x 20 20kg x 20 25kg x 20
Trying to do more ab work, urgh.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:24 AM   #3
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

Welcome.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Weight was moved, and a good amount of weight at that. The numbers will come.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Cheers guys. Mainly disappointed as my last squat session was 137.5kg x 8 followed by 8 sets of 3 with 132.5kg.

This is still one of the best deadlift sessions I've had in a while though!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Default Candito Cycle 3 Week 3 Day 2

Damn, you lot don't rest on this website, go away for the weekend and pick up my log on page three!

Bench
20kg x lots 40kg x 10 60kg x 5 80kg x 1 85kg x 6,6,5
3 sets of 4-6 called for, was hoping to push that last set to 6 or 7 today, but knew from the first set it wouldn't happen. Had a big guy spotting me who insisted I went for the 6th rep, he claimed he barely touched it, but he's freaking huge, could row 85kg without noticing, I'll call it 5.

Seated Row
20kg x ltos 40kg x lots 60kg x 6 65kg x 6 70kg x 7
I've been doing seated rows as my back was getting sore from carrying my baby around everywhere. Back is feeling a lot better now so think I should go back to barbell rows next cycle. Having said that I do find I get really good lat engagement with this exercise. hmmm.

Press
20kg x lots 42.5kg x 6 47.5kg x 6 52.5kg x 6
2.5kg heavier on every set than last cycle, I'll call that a win!

Lat Pull Downs
20kg x 6 40kg x 6 60kg x 6,6,8
I've been heavier on this in the past but form has struggled, wanted to make sure I got 3 good sets in.

The program called for no assistance work, but I've not curled in ages and had a real desire for a biceps pump, sod it:

Barbell curls
bar x 10 bar+10kg x 10,10 bar x 26
SWOLE!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #7
Iron_Addict82
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Not enough
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
Iron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master member

Nice!!!!!!!
Iron_Addict82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Strong work in here, mate.
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #9
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Great progression on Press! Keep pushing!

Training log
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:31 AM   #10
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Default Candito cycle 3 week 3 day 3

Squats
20kg x 8 40kg x 5 60kg x 5 80kg x 3 100kg x 3 120kg x 1 140kg x 1 150kg x 5
Used my warm up sets to really focus on my unracking routine. Been lazy the last few weeks and unracked loosely a few times causing the bar to slip and a bit of pain in my hands and wrists. Worked on planting feet in the same spot, right under the bar every time, tightening my back and grip, staying up right and doing the same three steps each time. Will keep working on this, it seems important.

Romanian deadlifts
20kg x lots 60kg x 10 100kg x 4 110kg x 8
I'm finding this exercise crucial for my deadlift at the moment, my hamstrings need this and now I've got my form sorted I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with the weight.

Short but solid session.