Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
ncoatney
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: Less than a year
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: C4
ncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beast
Default Nate's New Log of Huge Gains!

Time to get serious about training again. After a few crappy months of maybe a day in the gym per week, a hectic work schedule intermixed with Fast Pitch Softball Umpiring, and crappy dieting, its time to get serious again.

After some thinking, I'm gonna switch to Steve's Huge Gainer workout from Tigerfitness.com

Starting semi from scratch since I've never used a rep goal system, but I think a new kick start is what I need.

Will post results later tonight after workout. Missed this place.
ncoatney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
Belphegor
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: <1 year
Belphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master member

Subbed

Smash weights Nate!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Iron_Addict82
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Not enough
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
Iron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master member

Get it!
Iron_Addict82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Cookies&Cream Whey
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoatney View Post
Steve's Huge Gainer workout from Tigerfitness.com
Blammo!

Welcome back!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #5
ncoatney
Uber Brawn

ncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beastncoatney is a lifting beast
Default Tuesday July 14, 2015

Workout A

Ok. First heavy workout back in the gym. This is a lot more reps than what I was used to last time, and ontop of not training regularly and eating poorly, I've lost strength. This kicked my ass. But you gotta start somewhere.

Squats:

3 sets of 145 lbs. Rep Goal is 25

25 reps, add 5 lbs next week

God, these higher reps are a grind. When I was lifting regulary I hit a set of 20 at 145. Damn...

Incline DB Bench Press:

3 Sets with 35lb Dbs. Rep goal is 30.

31 reps, 40 lb dbs next week.

Good to see my upper my chest hasn't lost as much strength as I thought. I could've done more reps on the third set, but I felt like stopping it there was good. Didn't wanna over do it.

PENLDAY ROWS:

3 Sets of 115. Rep goal is 25

27 reps, add 5 lbs next week.

Not bad considering I hadn't pulled anything heavy in a long time. 120 is a lot of weight to rep with this, for me anyways.

MILITARY PRESS:

3 sets at 75 lbs. Rep goal is 30.

6(dropped weight to 65 lbs here)

20 reps. Probably need to drop the weight to 60 lbs honestly.

Damn. I don't know if my shoulders are built for higher reps. I'm thinking with this, I should tweak it to 25 reps honestly. I like using the military press for strenght, rather than reps. But we'll see.

CG BENCH PRESS:

2 sets of 95 lbs. Rep goal is 25

17 reps. Might wanna drop the weight next week, or keep it here. With that big a disparity in reps, its a gimme. Lets see how the triceps fare the rest of the week.

EZ BAR CURLS:

2 sets of 60 lbs. rep goal is 25

24 reps. Gonna keep it right here. I can hit one more rep next week. If I can't then I'm doing it wrong.

LYING HAMSTRING CURLS:

2 sets of 85 lbs. Rep goal is 25

25 reps. add 5 lbs next week.
---

This was an incredibly taxing workout. But I think this is going to be a great challenge going forward. Competing for reps as opposed to poundage is a different approach.

Diet is gonna be a huge part here in determining my success. But i've gotten lots of great ideas, and I think this is gonna be fun.

We'll see what happens
Old 07-16-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
ncoatney
Uber Brawn

Default Thursday July 16th. Workout B-Deadlift Day

THURSDAY, JULY 16TH WORKOUT B: AKA DEADLIFT DAY

Workout Theme song for the day: Next Big Thing: AKA Brock Lesnar's theme!

Solid, solid session. I haven't deadlifted in a while, and I was wondering how I would do today. This is a new format of deadlifting, rather than going for straight sets of 5, doing heavy singles in a time limit. I love deadlifting, I never did it or tried before I got to this site, and its' becoming my favorite lift, even more so than the bench press. Here's how today went.

DEADLIFT:

250lbs. Goal is 8 reps at least in under 8 minutes.

I hit rep #8 with 7:48 on the clock. MAN this was heavy. I used more weight than normal. Since this was heavy singles and not a straight set, I could go heavier. the first 4 reps were good, heavy, but felt tight. The last several reps were a challenge, real grinders. But I got them up. This was encouraging because I didn't think I still had the strength to grind out 250 lbs. This was near where I left off at the start of the summer. Very encouraging.

INCLINE DB FLYES:

25 x 3. Rep Goal is 35.

Total reps is 37.

Progress. Again, I didn't know how this would go, and with flyes I wanted to use lower weight, because I didn't want to over do it and potentially hurt myself. These felt really good. Up the poundage next time

INVERTED ROWS:

BWx40

Rep goal is 40.

I'm glad steve said that sets and reps aren't important here, just get to 40 reps as soon as possible. Reminded me of the burn sets from his old PMB workout. Boy were my back and arms tired when I was done with this.

BULLDOZER LATERALS:

20 lb dbs x3 Rep goal is 35

total reps: 43

I smashed this weight. This was way too light, but when you push every set for as many reps as you can, it helps. I only used 20 lbs here because I haven't done lateral raises in any form really ever. I liked this exercise. I'm hoping it helps my military press volume cause it totally sucks right now.

PUSHUPS:

40 Pushups

Ugh, I'm realy out of shape. Hit 20 without stopping, then had to do sets of 5 before resting a few minutes at 30. Pushups, imo, are a great test of upper body conditioning, and I'm glad this program incorporates them. if we're not trying to maintain overall health while doing this, whats the point?

HAMMER CURLS:

30lb dbs x2 Rep Goal is 25

Toal reps: 25

On ward and upward. 30 lbs felt easy, but trying to get 25 reps plus in 2 sets is tough. I could've pushed for more on the second set, but my left arm was lagging. I got my rep goal, more weight next time.

STANDING MACHINE CALF RAISES:

180x2 Rep Goal is 25

Total reps: 31

Onward and upward. Idk if this is enough volume for my calves to grow each week, but we'll see as the weight gets heavier.

POWER SHRUGS:

225x2 Rep Goal is 25

Total reps: 26

Onward and upward again. Felt very heavy in my hands, but it felt good to get the weight back up again. As I get stronger I'm hoping to really tax the traps.

---

Great solid workout. I felt like my success Deadlifting drove the rest of the workout. quick, intense, work was done. I like it.

Last edited by ncoatney; 07-16-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #7
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
I love deadlifting, I never did it or tried before I got to this site, and its' becoming my favorite lift, even more so than the bench press.
Attaboy!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:34 AM   #8
Belphegor
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: <1 year
Belphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master memberBelphegor is a master member

Kicking butt all over this log, Nate! Glad to see you've retained so much strength, keep killing it!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #9
ncoatney
Uber Brawn

Have two workouts to log when my cpu is out of the shop.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #10
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Quote:
Have two workouts to log when my cpu is out of the shop.
CPU gainz!