Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Gorilla Hormone XXX
Epinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributor
Default Epin's log

Yay I'm starting a log.

I won't be following a set routine. The premise of my training is going to be to pick 1-2 compounds and then something accessory afterwards. Goal is to get huge and possibly step on a platform and put up good numbers.

6/17
Bench: 135x5 185x5 225x3 225x3 225x3 225x3 (paused) 135x15 135x18 (last 5 reps paused)
Rope pushdowns: 60x15 80x15 60x15
Thick bar pushdowns: 60x20 80x17ish? 100x12 (very slow)
Old 06-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master member

Strong first session!
Old 06-18-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Brawn

Epinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributor

Thanks!

Today is a rest day so no workout to log. Earlier though I was driving and my car got "partially" submerged in water when I went though a puddle (....which turned out to be A LOT bigger than a puddle). The car wouldn't start afterwards so I had to get the car towed. I'll be picking it up tomorrow at the shop to see what happened.

I'm hoping that it was just the battery dying, or that once the car dries it will start again. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 06-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

yangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master member

As long as you are in one piece, no big deal! I hope your car will start again.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:39 PM   #5
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Brawn

Car is done-zo....

Lesson learned: flash floods in the north east Ohio area are not to be tested.

6/19
Deadlift: 135x1 135x1 (did a lot of sets at this weight to test out new grip) 225x1 315x1 365x1 405xmissed (came off the floor easily but I stalled) 365x2
*Overall happy with those numbers. I'll need to practice using this new grip more often.
Cybex leg press: 4 plates x 50
Plate loaded iso curl machine: 45lbs each arm x 15 (really slow with a hold/squeeze at the top)
Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Brawn

6/21
Seated db shoulder press: 75x5,5,6 40x15

After the shoulder pressing I did side and rear laterals and then finished off super-setting bi's and tri's. Didn't feel like logging those lifts, but the blood is definitely in the muscles saying I can't put my arms down...

Epin
Old 06-22-2015, 03:59 AM   #7
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Sorry for your car!
Very nice two sessions! Strong lifting. Did you switch to hook grip/mixed grip?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenbin View Post
Sorry for your car!
Very nice two sessions! Strong lifting. Did you switch to hook grip/mixed grip?
Yeah it's unfortunate I had a lot of great memories with that thing...

Basically I'm switching mixed grips. I noticed a lat/trap imbalance where my right lat is bigger than my left lat, and my left trap is bigger than my right trap. I usually have my right hand over and my left hand under, so I'm switching mixed grips with the hope that it will fix the imbalance over time. It's a farfetched theory but I think it has potential to work.

And thanks for following along yang! Nice to have some support.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:28 AM   #9
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Brawn

6/23
Today's training was kinda off the wall. Was planning on just doing abs and cardio since I was tired and it was almost midnight, but it turned into a leg/shoulder day.

Started off with 4 sets of calf raises and 4 sets of leg raises.

Followed with squats. First set was a tri set:
135x10 paused / leg extensions / leg curls -- both for ten reps
225x8 paused
315x3 (low enough that I could've sat down)
135x10 paused (as explosively as I could)

Next was standing bb press:
135x5,5,5

Followed by seated machine press:
3 sets working up to one heavy set of 8, then dropped the weight down and squeezed out another 4 reps
Old 06-24-2015, 12:29 AM   #10
Ramrod
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Solid Squat session... Killing it with those Gorilla Hormones...
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote