Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

View Poll Results: A powerlifter falls in the woods. Does it make a sound?
Yes, he's a powerlifter of course he makes a sound. 30 68.18%
No, he's too lightweight babay. 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine
Post DocColossus 3.0

A new thread for a new year, and a new me! I've been training steady for the last 11 years, working hard to succeed as a competitive bodybuilder, and then eventually as a competitive strongman!

I have dieted every diet, trained every routine that's ever graced the pages of M&F, Flex or this thing they call the internet and have ABOVE ALL ELSE learned what there is to be learned about injuries! Whether they be sustained from training, from abuse of over training or a masochist on a rampage I have either personally experienced of known someone who has personally experienced what there is to be injured and had within the 4-walls of the gym'y gym.

My goal with this thread is to help educate others through my own life experiences both in and out of the gym. I know the Iron Mistress all too well my friends, and she can be a saint or a sinner and your best friend or worst enemy whenever she decides to make it such... I just hope to guide others away from making the same mistakes I have learning along the way.

I don't claim to know everything, I just know what I have experienced...

Take it or leave it, it's up to you. I'm here if you need me.

Last edited by DocColossus; 02-01-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Felt like tweaking it.
DocColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're been around the block a few times. We have quite a few seasoned lifters on board.

Have you competed yet, or looking forward to it in the near future?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're been around the block a few times. We have quite a few seasoned lifters on board.

Have you competed yet, or looking forward to it in the near future?
Have competed, several times!! On the mend right now with rehab for an injury then back at it!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Have competed, several times!! On the mend right now with rehab for an injury then back at it!
Well again, good to have you one board. We have guys here who have competed in bodybuilding, powerlifting and strongman. I good mix. Looking forward to learning about your experiences and training history.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Well again, good to have you one board. We have guys here who have competed in bodybuilding, powerlifting and strongman. I good mix. Looking forward to learning about your experiences and training history.
Thanks man, yeah I have competed as both a bodybuilder as well as a strongman, with a foundation in power lifting so I have a bit of a mix of training experience! Usually takes me a few weeks to get into the swing of a training journal but I'll be posting frequently soon enough!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Glad to have you on the forum here, I am looking forward to seeing the details of your training and gaining some knowledge through you.

We have a great group of guys here, always eager to learn. Looking forward to this log!! Welcome!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Glad to have you on the forum here, I am looking forward to seeing the details of your training and gaining some knowledge through you.

We have a great group of guys here, always eager to learn. Looking forward to this log!! Welcome!
Awesome man glad to be here!! Feel free to ask away with any questions you may have man, I'll do my best to help!

NOTE: for those members who question my experience based on lack of e-stats or an avi picture I suggest going somewhere else, I keep my personal training info pretty quiet in the forums but I'm glad to help with any questions you may have...

Current stats:
6'5" 320lb.
Injured, rehabbing from major surgery.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #8
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Do you have any plans for after your surgery, like what style of training you are planning to do? I think strongman training is not only difficult but a lot of fun, I was wondering if you were planning on doing any of it?

What weight class did you compete in for bodybuilding?

I see you are located on the east coast, this only interests me because I am from Philadelphia PA, but now I am at college in VA, I thought maybe you were close.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post

NOTE: for those members who question my experience based on lack of e-stats or an avi picture I suggest going somewhere else, I keep my personal training info pretty quiet in the forums but I'm glad to help with any questions you may have...

Current stats:
6'5" 320lb.
Injured, rehabbing from major surgery.
We are a forum of respect, first and foremost. No one here will give you a hard time. We're all about lifting and encouragement, and we don't allow trolls of any kind.

No one here will judge you. We're all about moving weight and getting results.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Do you have any plans for after your surgery, like what style of training you are planning to do? I think strongman training is not only difficult but a lot of fun, I was wondering if you were planning on doing any of it?

What weight class did you compete in for bodybuilding?

I see you are located on the east coast, this only interests me because I am from Philadelphia PA, but now I am at college in VA, I thought maybe you were close.
I'm not close actually I'm up in New England! As for the post surgery plans, they're already in action! I had the surgery back in September and have been rehabbing since mid-October! Hasn't been an easy journey, by far the most difficult hill for me to climb, but I'm climbing it step by step!

Currently I'm on a 4 day a week routine, founded on rehabilitating a bad spine and hip, with a strong focus on increasing both flexibility as well as muscular endurance!

As for strongman, I will be training that sport again, specifically with the tire flipping and the log pressing, but the Atlas Stones, the Axle Dead Lift and the Farmers Walk will have to wait, as will the Yolk Carry... I will have a limited margin for what I will safely be able to do for the next several months, but yes I do plan on getting back to strongman training, as I spent the last several months pre injury doing.