Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

View Poll Results: A powerlifter falls in the woods. Does it make a sound?
Yes, he's a powerlifter of course he makes a sound. 30 68.18%
No, he's too lightweight babay. 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #911
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Strong and long. Hope you and yours have a good Christmas.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #912
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Happy Holidays Doc!

Keep that back strong man! 405 is pretty good IMO, 675 by March 1st would be damn good..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #913
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
good to hear from you doc. sweet workout and have a great holiday
You as well mang!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Strong and long. Hope you and yours have a good Christmas.
You too buddy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Happy Holidays Doc!

Keep that back strong man! 405 is pretty good IMO, 675 by March 1st would be damn good..
I did the 405lb for 10 reps lol, not for 1!!! I can pull about 585 right now, anything past that wrecks my back hence my taking it easy until March, see how it plays out...
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #914
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine
Default Todays workout.

Back and traps session today. As follows:

Dumbbell Rows: 70x10, 80x10, 90x10,10,10.
Hammer Strength Lat Pull: 290x10,10,10.

Barbell Shrugs: 405x15,15,15,15,15.
Dumbbell Shrugs: 90x10,10,10,10,10.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #915
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Feeling good today boy!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #916
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Default Been Ripping Through It!

Been ripping through my workouts the last month or so, business has been steady and consumed most of my time, but I've found a balance to be sure I get my training in there again!! Been ripping through my workouts!!!

Getting stronger and bigger on a weekly basis which is ALWAYS a good thing! Weighed in the other day at 316lb, bodyfat hasn't gone up at all, if anything has gone down, and my seated lifts (shoulders, incline dumbbell bench...etc) have gone through the roof!! Yeah budday!!!

Started a new supplement called P6 recently, within the last few days, obviously I won't see anything for a few weeks on it, but I'll be sure to keep you posted on if it's a worth while buy or not... Considering stacking it with Anabolic Halo as well, we'll see if I can allow myself to part with the money (that I should be saving for my wedding haha).

Be good dudes, I'm off to train before my client appointments this afternoon!!!

DC
Old 01-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #917
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Nasty workout today! Gym was packed with the New Years Resolution folks, but that's ok, I did what I set out to do!

So 2011 holds different goals than did 2010. My main goals this year aren't strength related at all, the back injury saw to that! This years focus' are as follows:
-Lean out while staying over 300lb.
-Grow arm size 2", but I'll take what I can get.
-Grow upper leg size 3".
-Decrease waist by 6"-8".

Aint nuthin' to it but to do it, eh fellas, so time to make these goals a reality!

One of the things I've learned in training (and Steve you should sticky this) is that a goal, a hand written goal is NOTHING BUT A WISH unless there's a deadline attached to it! When setting goals, personally, financially, or in your training ALWAYS SET A DATE WITH THE GIVEN GOAL!

My deadlines are ALL December 31, 2011. By years end I will accomplish these goals, which are steep as it is, or give it nothing short of my absolute best trying!

Years off to a banner start, I'm engaged, saving to break ground on my first home, my business is successful and only growing and my training has been on point!!!!

Yeah budday! Yeah f*ckin' budday!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #918
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Been ripping through my workouts the last month or so, business has been steady and consumed most of my time, but I've found a balance to be sure I get my training in there again!! Been ripping through my workouts!!!

Getting stronger and bigger on a weekly basis which is ALWAYS a good thing! Weighed in the other day at 316lb, bodyfat hasn't gone up at all, if anything has gone down, and my seated lifts (shoulders, incline dumbbell bench...etc) have gone through the roof!! Yeah budday!!!

Started a new supplement called P6 recently, within the last few days, obviously I won't see anything for a few weeks on it, but I'll be sure to keep you posted on if it's a worth while buy or not... Considering stacking it with Anabolic Halo as well, we'll see if I can allow myself to part with the money (that I should be saving for my wedding haha).

Be good dudes, I'm off to train before my client appointments this afternoon!!!

DC
Good to hear Doc. Keep crushing it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #919
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good to hear Doc. Keep crushing it.
I hate to say it but I think one of my favorite things as of late is being bigger than everybody lol, so I use that as motivation when training...
Old 01-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #920
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Sounds like someone is about to start seriously SFW real soon..

I like it Doc! I also just read about setting deadlines to achieve goals. It was basically a much longer version of what you put down.

With no end in sight, there can be no end, no victory; just a senseless pursuit of endless work without proper self recognition and motivation. Having a definitive long term goal is needed for core structure, and adding in a few short-term goals, or checkpoints, to measure progress and keep one in line, working towards that end point is key to success.

I have the same attitude for this year. My original plan was to start up 3rd week of January...scratch that, lifted today. Just a little bench work, but it felt so good to push the bar.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote