Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

View Poll Results: A powerlifter falls in the woods. Does it make a sound?
Yes, he's a powerlifter of course he makes a sound. 30 68.18%
No, he's too lightweight babay. 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #121
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/gen...heres-you.html

Check this link out fellas, here's to ya!
DocColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #122
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Thanks man, as I said before there was actually never supposed to be a vid, just some pics to throw on Facebook, but she decided to get a few reps on video... I'll get another vid with the full set of 8-10 reps or so.... at some point.

excellent.

what is your reason for doing these high rack pulls.

i did them once, and most people commmeted that i was going to high above my DL, and it was "unsafe". even if they dont do a whole lot for my DL, there fun as hell. do you think there's a problem with doing them.

i DL 390 (365 at the time) and worked up to 5 plates for these (just above the knee).... could have went higher, but had done too much volume with them. would it be bad to do the, in your opinion, and is there much benefite? also, why do you do them, just wondering?
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 02-23-2010, 01:35 AM   #123
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
excellent.

what is your reason for doing these high rack pulls.

i did them once, and most people commmeted that i was going to high above my DL, and it was "unsafe". even if they dont do a whole lot for my DL, there fun as hell. do you think there's a problem with doing them.

i DL 390 (365 at the time) and worked up to 5 plates for these (just above the knee).... could have went higher, but had done too much volume with them. would it be bad to do the, in your opinion, and is there much benefite? also, why do you do them, just wondering?
I prefer to do the pulls from 17"-19" but with my backs recovery I decided to start high and work my way down in height, to my goal of 19" with the 765lb... I'll go lower next week by about 8" and a lighter weight, see how my back responds...
Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #124
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Just be careful bro it's a long way to the top and slow and steady wins the race. You'll probably own it but be careful dude.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #125
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I prefer to do the pulls from 17"-19" but with my backs recovery I decided to start high and work my way down in height, to my goal of 19" with the 765lb... I'll go lower next week by about 8" and a lighter weight, see how my back responds...
That's probably the best route to take.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #126
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's probably the best route to take.

I'm psyched about this icon lol!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #127
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:

I'm psyched about this icon lol!
hahaha awesome

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #128
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
hahaha awesome
Lol...
Old 02-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #129
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Taking today off deliberately. I planned on training Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat this week but I think I'll do Mon, Weds, Thurs, Sat instead. My workout yesterday really hammered my CNS so I figure I'll give it a day to recover before abusing myself yet again!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #130
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Taking today off deliberately. I planned on training Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat this week but I think I'll do Mon, Weds, Thurs, Sat instead. My workout yesterday really hammered my CNS so I figure I'll give it a day to recover before abusing myself yet again!
My brain is so dead I can't even remember what I'm hitting today. Enjoy the day off.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote