Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
powerliftingforlife
Uber Brawn

Fav Supp: Rap music and Deathmetal
powerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master member
Default Powerliftingforlife's Fullbody Recovery Routine

As some of you know about four weeks ago after accomplishing some nice Prs my body kind of fell apart on me. While hitting nice Prs on dead and squat I strained my left foot. I never visited the doctor but it's safe to say I at least pulled the plantar tendon. (I routinely feel binding now in the bottom of that foot.) This caused about a 2 week stall. Immediately upon being able to return to full intensity I caught a nasty flu bug that has now sidelined me for another 2 weeks. So far I've been on the bench for a full month.

Needless to say, I've lost a lot of size and strength. Y'all know it goes quickly. 8 weeks ago I had started a slow cut from 211 to 190 and it was going fantastic! I was losing primarily fat and holding strength while weight was dropping at a consistent 1.25 lbs per week with little to no effort. Today, 8 weeks later I'm weighing in at a meager 193. So, a slow successful cut turned into about a 2.5 pound loss per week. Looking in the mirror much of that being muscle. People are already asking if I am still lifting.

As I sit here and type, I feel about 85%, not moving around. A few days ago I was actually rushed to the ER (10 days into this illness) with uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea. After blood, urine and CAT screen I was diagnosed with increased kidney and white blood cell count, and severe dehydration. The creatinine result was recorded at 1.51 on a scale of 0.65-1.36. They weren't worried about the kidneys being permanently damaged as the levels can increase with stress or dehydration. I'm sure in part to high protein diet as well.

Everything else checked out a-ok. I was told there was no more virus or bacteria so to just wait it out. Apparently there are some superbugs going around that they have never seen and therefore have little idea how to treat. He said its unlikely but this strain could make someone ill for 4-6 weeks.

HOW ABOUT BUTTONING UP THAT BORDER ALREADY?

I'm much more optimistic. I will return Monday come hell or high water.

In order to quickly regain my coordination and heart strenght, I'll briefly run the full body routine outlined below. I'm speculating 3-6 weeks but will train in this style until I can no longer progress from session to session.

M-W-F

All exercises will be don 3x10 each day:
sq
bch
ohp
lat pulls
bench
bb rows
abs
biceps
powerliftingforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
Recruit
Bigger Stronger Faster
Brawn

Training Exp: A few months
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Recruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good postsRecruit has made some very good posts

Good luck with it man!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #3
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Wow - what an ordeal. Glad you are getting better.

As you likely know - I am on a drug that suppresses my immune system ( to stop the system from attacking my eyes)and opens my system up to catch all sorts of bugs. I haven;t caught anything, despite being around lots of sickies this winter at work and at home (wife and daughter both got sick twice). Everyone here at work got sick but I did not.

I take a supp called Silver Biotics and it works. Here's the lowdown:

http://nutritionbeast.com/2013/08/be...keith-moeller/

And here is where to buy if you are interested:

http://www.vitacost.com/american-bio...system-support
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs/500X5
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
powerliftingforlife
Uber Brawn

powerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master memberpowerliftingforlife is a master member

Thanks, Recruit! Good luck to you as well. Stay strong.

That's a pretty strong endorsement, Squatter. So...I went ahead and bought a 32 oz bottle. Found it on amazon for about 35 bucks with free shipping. I too rarely get sick, but when I do it seems to completely kick my ass. I love activity so much I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to being sick though. I pout like a little bitch.

I'm down to gain any edge I can as long as it's contributing to good health. Thanks man, do you have any other secrets that aren't too terribly expensive?

Click image for larger version

Name:	probiotics.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	18067
Old 03-13-2015, 05:19 PM   #5
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Indeed - I was a bit skeptical at first, but i fully trust Lisa at Nutrition Beast - she is my hero who was able to rid me of inflammation a couple of years ago. Other secrets include the Biomat of course and a supplement called Dr. Vanessa's Collagen, which I also buy at Vitacost. The Biomat though is about 1700 bucks though, but worth every penny - I would have paid 10 grand for it in all honesty.

However, as far as supps go, the Collagen is crucial for us older lifters over 30, as our bodies produce less and less of it after that age. I don't take any other supps other than a greens supplement and do not take a pre-wo any more, due to my tremors.

Glad you got the Silver Biotics though - it's preventive medicine for sure worth its weight in gold.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs/500X5
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #6
powerliftingforlife
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Indeed - I was a bit skeptical at first, but i fully trust Lisa at Nutrition Beast - she is my hero who was able to rid me of inflammation a couple of years ago. Other secrets include the Biomat of course and a supplement called Dr. Vanessa's Collagen, which I also buy at Vitacost. The Biomat though is about 1700 bucks though, but worth every penny - I would have paid 10 grand for it in all honesty.

However, as far as supps go, the Collagen is crucial for us older lifters over 30, as our bodies produce less and less of it after that age. I don't take any other supps other than a greens supplement and do not take a pre-wo any more, due to my tremors.

Glad you got the Silver Biotics though - it's preventive medicine for sure worth its weight in gold.

I've gladly been able to follow you a little bit and I know what you've been going through. I'm not skeptical at all in the supplement/food you consume. Sounds like the docs have pretty much stipped you down to the barebones. Doubt anything you're using is a placebo.

I'll look into the others. Thanks again.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:08 AM   #7
Sandbox
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master memberSandbox is a master member

I like your routine - a lot. When stress like this takes over and your bouncing back - there is nothing like the big, compound, basic movements. I believe the body has somewhat of a visceral reaction to this. Basic and big.

To that end I think you could drop the lat pulls and biceps movement as well.

Good luck. You'll be surprised how quick it comes back.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #8
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

That sucks and I think you are on the right path. I agree with Fred. Even simpler:

Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Row
Abs
Done
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #9
powerliftingforlife
Uber Brawn

In order to quickly regain my coordination and heart strenght, I'll briefly run the full body routine outlined below. I'm speculating 3-6 weeks but will train in this style until I can no longer progress from session to session.

M-W-F

All exercises will be don 3x10 each day:
sq
bnch
dl
rows
abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
I like your routine - a lot. When stress like this takes over and your bouncing back - there is nothing like the big, compound, basic movements. I believe the body has somewhat of a visceral reaction to this. Basic and big.

To that end I think you could drop the lat pulls and biceps movement as well.

Good luck. You'll be surprised how quick it comes back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
That sucks and I think you are on the right path. I agree with Fred. Even simpler:

Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Row
Abs
Done

Sounds good, hard to argue with two of the strongest people on here. Besides, I thought that transverse plane BS sounded a little androgynus anyway. Last thing I need is to be trapped in between visceral and alfresco...if you know what I mean.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #10
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

I have noticed the same problem...have a good run, set some PRs and then fall apart/get injured.

Going forward I will intentionally back off on a particular lift after any PR. Back-to-back PRs do more harm than good for me. I'm only 40 but feel it's age/recovery related.

"Do not change shit up during a training cycle." -Sandbox

Best PL total: 1020 - 350/265/405
Current total: 925 - 315/245/365
jdmalm123 is offline   Reply With Quote