Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
Chirag
Brawn
Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Chirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good posts

Another good workout.

Had a lot of focus going into the workout, thanking Black Sabbath for that !

Warmed up with foam rolling and dynamic stretching.

Squats 125x5 125x5 125x5
Got more accustomed to the high bar position and felt really good with them. Sticking to 10lb increase next workout.

OHP 65x5 65x5 65x5
Weights flew up for this. First time feeling good with this lift, focused on the form grip width a little more and turns out I had to widen my grip a bit to get more out of myself which worked great. Pretty happy so far, will go up 10lbs next workout.

Power Cleans 105x3 105x3 105x3 105x3 105x3
These were a bit funky just because of the form. I'd say 10 out of the 15 were pretty good reps but some were just done too quick and with crappy form. I'll probably keep the weight the same on this lift and just get this form to a decent level and then stick to 5lb increments.

Overall great workout. Worked out later than usual and it felt pretty good, gym was packed but because I go to a commercial gym all of the power racks and squat racks are empty ( I wish I was lying but I'm not). I was able to get a solid workout in. I'm going to film my entire next workout to get some form critiques on here. Also, if you guys want to see the warm up sets I'll be happy to post them but until then I'll just leave the working weights up. Feeling really good about these two workouts and hoping to keep it that way. I'll be leaving my diet the same for the next week or two because of my girlfriend's birthday coming up so I know I'll be upping my calories on a few days (and emptying my wallet ahahaha). Time to hit 135 squat, 115 bench, 175 deadlift next workout.

- Chirag
Chirag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #12
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

keep finding the things that work and work them! make it your own and get stronger!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #13
Chirag
Brawn

Chirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
keep finding the things that work and work them! make it your own and get stronger!
Thanks man! There's a lot of info out there and it's easy to get sidetracked but just listening to your body helps so much more! Any tips for power cleans? It's my only lift right now that has absolute shit form hahaha
Old 04-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #14
Chirag
Brawn

Had some time today so I thought I'd post a meal plan template of mine and my warm up routine.

Meal Plan
Meal 1:
5 eggs
Breakfast potatoes 8oz
Banana and Peanut Butter

Meal 2:
2 Turkey Burgers 4oz each
2 slices of cheese
Veggies
Buns

Meal 3:
Oatmeal 1 instant package
Peanut Butter
Banana (Optional)

Meal 4:
2 scoops whey

Meal 5:
200g chicken
1 cup of broccoli
Other mixed veggies

Totals 165 Carbs, 110 Fats, 215 Protein.

This is just an estimate. Some days I go up on protein and have less fats and vice versa. My carbs are usually around 160-200g and adjust my other macros accordingly but protein is never under 200g.

Warm Up Routine: ( I do this before every workout )
10 minutes on the bike with varying resistance. I do this according to how I feel not necessarily following a specific biking warm up.

Foam roll for 5-10 minutes
Includes using lacrosse ball for deeper work in the upper back, glutes, chest, and trouble spots.
I use a foot roller for my feet as well. This helps with my extremely stiff ankles and flat footed feet.

Dynamic stretching 5 minutes
I use a lot of the stuff from Joe De Franco's agile 8 and then add some more ankle and hip stretches. As a college student I spend a lot of time sitting down in a desk in class or doing work so my hips get tight as well as my ankles.

Then I do my workout!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #15
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

nice work!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #16
Chirag
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
nice work!
Thanks!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #17
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Thanks man! There's a lot of info out there and it's easy to get sidetracked but just listening to your body helps so much more! Any tips for power cleans? It's my only lift right now that has absolute shit form hahaha
true.

power cleans....I'm of the school that says if a lift doesn't work for you, then skip it...they don't work for me so I can't say...I do high pulls instead.

If you think cleans are something you want to learn...post a video in a new thread and you'll get losts of feedback. I've also seen lots of vids with analysis and trajectory lines, etc...
Old 04-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #18
Chirag
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
true.

power cleans....I'm of the school that says if a lift doesn't work for you, then skip it...they don't work for me so I can't say...I do high pulls instead.

If you think cleans are something you want to learn...post a video in a new thread and you'll get losts of feedback. I've also seen lots of vids with analysis and trajectory lines, etc...
I agree 100% with you on that. My form has never been great with power cleans but I don't want to keep powering through it because it is an easy lift to get injured on with really shitty form. I worked out with my cousin today on power clean form, he's a strong kid and his form is great on these but he tried to coach me and it did not work out so well. I'll try it some more and if i don't get it down I'll just switch to rows. Won't add high pulls till after I stall 2-3 times on the squats. I want to keep the program simple for as long as possible.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #19
Chirag
Brawn

Good workout today!

Squat 135x5 135x5 135x5
Felt shitty starting the workout and warm ups felt heavy but the weight flew up with ease when I did my first working set. Felt more comfortable with high bar, it was on my neck last time so put it a bit lower, pushed my hips back a bit more and everything worked great. Probably going to go with 5lb increments next time just to ensure that I don't get get in over my head and add 10lbs every workout for 3 weeks and listen to my ego.

Bench 115x5 115x5 115x5
Felt really good on these today. Paused at the bottom and kept really tight. I used to lose tightness at the bottom of these but now that only happens once every other set or so.

Deadlift 175x5
Felt super strong with these. Did them in socks because I forgot my chucks. I only touched and go'd reps during my warm up. During my working set every rep was like the first rep.

Felt strong today. Going with 5lb increments with everything except deads which will have 20lb increments for one more workout and then 10lbs from then.

Got a chance to work on my power clean form with my cousin but still could not get it down. Going to substitute it with rows next workout if I do not feel comfortable with the power cleans. I'll also add high pulls but only after I stall 3x on the squat because I want to keep the program as simple as possible for as long as I can.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #20
Chirag
Brawn

Easter Workout!
Squat 140x5 140x5 140x5
Confidence under the bar is getting better

OHP 85x5 75x5 75x5 75x5
Accidentally loaded up 85 for the first set but felt strong either way.

Pendlay Row 95x5 95x5 95x5
Good substitution for the cleans. Tried the form again with cleans but did not work out well so used rows and felt good. Going to go up 10lbs for one or two workouts with this and then going to 5lbs.

Lifted with a couple of friends who came down from their colleges today and had fun. They made me leave with a new goal and that was to never miss a workout for at least one year from today. They used to be somewhat strong but just stopped going and regret it. I don't want to do that to myself so I'm making sure that I do not miss a workout no matter what for at least 1 year.