Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's my kind of arm workout. Not that I do much biceps work, but when I do, I like the short rests. Hopefully your triceps aren't too blow.

I guess that's part of the C&P protocol...forget soreness, or possible soreness, and just tear at it? I have such an OCD mindset with regards to soreness that it's hard to think beyond it.
I do not have much of a problem with working through soreness especially in smaller muscles like bis and tris, through sheiko I really learned how to work through my soreness and I still got a lot of good results from sheiko being sore all the time. Now I have no problem with working through a little soreness.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #22
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast
Default Holy SHIT I am SORE!!

Deadlifts 15x1
465x5x1
485x5x1
465x3x1
425x2x1

This was the hardest deadlift workout I have ever done, my back is on fire right now and I am not looking forward to tomorrow morning. This was crazy intense.

Standing Overhead Press
155x10x3

I have been slacking lately on my military press and I need to bring this up severely. I think it will help my bench a lot.

I now understand why this is called chaos and pain, it has only been 3 days and I am more sore from this than any other program I have ever done. Just functioning in every day life is going to be difficult. I am going to try to get a ton of calories tonight and possibly do some stretching. Light stuff tomorrow hopefully.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #23
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

nice deadlift numbers. whats your deadlift PR

this will sound wierd coming from a noob like myself, but when i got over my military press plateu my bench shot up and got a lot easier. i hope at your level the same thing will happen
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #24
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
nice deadlift numbers. whats your deadlift PR

this will sound wierd coming from a noob like myself, but when i got over my military press plateu my bench shot up and got a lot easier. i hope at your level the same thing will happen
My deadlift PR is 525.

Just because you are a noob does not mean that you can not help us old guys out. I sometimes forget the basics, I know my military is bad compared to my other lifts, so it is time to attack this weakness. Hopefully it will help my bench press.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice job Jwood. I've never ran that many singles within 50 pounds of my max. Instant back soreness I imagine.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Nice job Jwood. I've never ran that many singles within 50 pounds of my max. Instant back soreness I imagine.
O yes, instant back soreness, before I was even done. I was working with close to 90% of my max, I do not think this was an intelligent move. I will see how my soreness feels tomorrow, I am going to eat a ton of good stuff tonight.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
O yes, instant back soreness, before I was even done. I was working with close to 90% of my max, I do not think this was an intelligent move. I will see how my soreness feels tomorrow, I am going to eat a ton of good stuff tonight.

It's a fine line. I ran a program like this in early 2008:

60% x 5
70% x 4 x 2
80% x 3 x 2
90% x 2 x 2

And then I bumped the percentage by 5% the next week and did singles with 95. Then bumped it 5% the next week with singles, etc. It really worked wonders on my total, but after a month my back was fried.

Anyway...I always know when I'm doing good because I'm walking that fine line.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #28
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
It's a fine line. I ran a program like this in early 2008:

60% x 5
70% x 4 x 2
80% x 3 x 2
90% x 2 x 2

And then I bumped the percentage by 5% the next week and did singles with 95. Then bumped it 5% the next week with singles, etc. It really worked wonders on my total, but after a month my back was fried.

Anyway...I always know when I'm doing good because I'm walking that fine line.
That is a pretty cool looking progression but I am not sure how often I will do conventional deadlifts on C&P, the focus will be more on squatting and I want to include other forms of deadlifts too.

But squatting 3 times a week is a lot too, so wednesday may be a light squat day and focus on a heavy pull and have monday and friday focus on the squat.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #29
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Deadlifts 15x1
465x5x1
485x5x1
465x3x1
425x2x1

This was the hardest deadlift workout I have ever done, my back is on fire right now and I am not looking forward to tomorrow morning. This was crazy intense.

Standing Overhead Press
155x10x3
And your still alive to tell the tale

Good stuff J.

On your military press have you ever tired half presses to help increase your max. Sounds strange I know Dr. Squat (Fred Hatfield) did a write up on it.

What do you guys think??

From Dr.Squat:

Despite its popularity among bodybuilders, I'm "mildly" opposed to this exercise for at least two reasons. First, assuming that you wish to do "complete" presses to lockout, seated dumbbell presses accomplish the same thing without the same "interference" from having to "crunch" your upper back muscles in order to get the bar down to your neck. Having to contract your rhomboids, trapezius III and IV, and your posterior deltoids only serves to limit the amount of adaptive stress being delivered to your middle deltoids.

Secondly, after the bar has passed the top of your head, your deltoids are no longer the prime movers in the movement. The deltoids are statically contracting at that point, and the serratus anterior and triceps muscles take over to finish the press to lockout.
Actually, you can press much more weight to a head height position than you can press completely overhead. The reason for this is that your middle deltoids are much stronger than the combined strength of your triceps and serratus. Does it not therefore make more sense to use a heavier weight and do "partial presses?" I think it does, and the simple reason is that it will deliver a greater adaptive stress to your middle delts.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #30
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Deadlifts 15x1
465x5x1
485x5x1
465x3x1
425x2x1

Looking good.That is intense, just keep at it with the overhead lifts and they will eventually catch up. Consistency is key when it comes to pressing progress.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote