Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
Ok so successful workout. Delaoded my deadlift so went 295x5or6 I lost count so I did one more I did at least 5 maybe 6 not sure lol. Went to overhead press got 110x4 which is a pr since I've been on my cut. I should definitely get 110x5 next week which would be awesome. Front squats got to 140x5 cleaned the weight up everytime too which kinda made me feel like a beast.
Is there any other way to do it...really? Fantastic job. Your back will get extra large because of little things like that. Give that boy a "man card," and a protien cookie.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #32
lefthookright
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
A "deload" is a period of time typically a week where either less intensity, volume and/or frequency, or a combination of all three is used to allow accumulated fatigue to dissipate.
A deload is usually recommended every 4-6 weeks (approx). An example would be to train just once or twice during that week using less intensity and/or volume than usual.
You're usually stronger coming back off a deload and often this is when PR's are set. It's an invaluable tool in our box of tricks.

But you probably already knew that
Yup listen to this guy. You basically just kinda have a light week or take a week off. As a beginner or intermediate you don't need to deload as often as an advanced trainee would as we're not putting as much weight up and our cns isn't being fried as fast I'd say once every 2-2 1/2 months should be sufficient.
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My take on deload is that you either take a while week off if you are physically destroyed and tired, or if not hit the gym and do about either 60% of your normal volume, or the same volume with 60% of the weight.

Deloads are basically tied in with dual factor training theory. Dual factor is different then traditional bodybuilding/strength training theory, which is single factor.

Traditional theory looks only at fatigue. If you are over-worked, you rest. Because of this being only a single factor approach, rest between workouts is of the utmost importance.

Dual factor looks at fitness and fatigue. It generally has you training much harder, with less rest between like bodyparts. If fatigue sets in, you deload, which tends to heighten your fitness. You get stronger as your body recovers on deloads. You come back stronger.

Anyway, this deserves a thread of its own

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #34
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

haha agreed it's a broad and important topic. my "deload" was basically just give to my lower back a break
Old 01-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #35
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

btw lost 2.2 pounds since I started my cut 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #36
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
That's sounding good. Can't argue with that. Great job.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #37
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

tweaked my leg at musical practice couldn't really squat heavy today was kind of angry. Got my heavy triple on bench at 160 and heavy row triple of 135 just did one set of straight bar tricep pushdowns with 60 poundsx10 for fun
Old 01-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
tweaked my leg at musical practice couldn't really squat heavy today was kind of angry. Got my heavy triple on bench at 160 and heavy row triple of 135 just did one set of straight bar tricep pushdowns with 60 poundsx10 for fun
At least you got a workout in. What instrument do you play?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #39
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

for the band I play trumpet recreationally I play guitar too
Old 01-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #40
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Good stuff man, keep it coming.

I'm cutting as well. Weight is the same but bf% down 2% probably 3 now. Need to re-measure.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote