Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #111
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'd love to learn some top secret stretches as well. For some odd reason DB rows and heavy DB curls trigger my tendinitis. Not much else does.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #112
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
Ahhh i would love it if you could enlighten me on these stretches! at this point I'm going to get a joint supp too workout today was ok but definitely hindered by golfers elbow went up to 165x1 on bench could have gotten more but elbow was killing too bad. Went to btn push press worked up to 125x5 was good overhead movements don't trigger it as much and went to 145x5 on cgbp also hindered by golfers elbow =[ I really lik the btn push press though feels nice when you get in the groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'd love to learn some top secret stretches as well. For some odd reason DB rows and heavy DB curls trigger my tendinitis. Not much else does.
They're rather hard for me to describe. Not that they're complicated, but I'm more of a shower than a teller. I will try to find some links and put them up. Seriously though, it wasn't until I went to the quacky chiro and got some laser treatment that things cleared up. I was battling the issue for three or four years. Finally got the employer to pay for some treatment. I followed it to a "T." And yes, it included putting the weights aside for a while. I'm not saying that would be your case, but just how it played out for me. I'll try to find something to link up.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #113
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
...I'm going to get a joint supp too...
At this stage in the game, I'd forget about joint support supp. At your age they won't hurt, but they probably won't help this condition much. It sounds like a muscle/tendon issue more than a joint issue. I would get diagnosed just to make absolutely sure you know what you're up against. If you're involved in baseball/golf/field events at school, then you might want to talk to the coach. If it is tendonitus, you need to let it rest. But get it diagnosed. Anything I tell you about my history, or any stretch or exercises I share might end up being counterproductive to you.

I'm scrounging up some links. I'll try to get things up tomorrow.

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 02-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #114
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. I DON'T PLAY ONE ON TV. THIS IS NOT MEANT TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT DIDDLY SQUAT. IT IS MERELY DESCRIPTIVE OF TREATMENT I RECEIVED FOR A MEDICAL CONDITION. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY TO ANYONE WHO USES AND/OR MISUSES THIS INFORMATION.

Forearm and Wrist Stretches - Simple Stretches for Your Golf Warmup

Sports Medicine Advisor 2009.1: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow) Rehabilitation Exercises
(click on the thumbnail to enlarge the exercise/stretch chart)

Some excellent videos:

There are some other stretches that my PT prescribed for me. I'll try to find the booklet I got and at least post up the descriptions. This should get you started anyway. Also, if you try the exercises using weights (dumbells, soup cans, hammers, etc.), DO NOT GET TOO HEAVY. Use the pink dumbells to start out, then advance to the light blue dumbells. Don't get any heaver than the chartruse dumbells. Maybe 10 - 12 pounds max is what you should EVENTUALLY work up to. This is to be theraputic.

Also, I would advise an elbow strap. It doesn't have to be the one shown in the 8:00 video, but something you can pick up at Wal-Mart for $10 bucks or so. Another thing. I was directed to wear a wrist brace at night (while I sleep) to keep my wrist in a neutral position. This works wonders, and if I sense a flair up coming on, I'll wear it for a couple of nights. This is another Wal-Mart item $10 bucks or so. It has some velcro straps that go around your thumb and fingers and a hard plastic strip along the underside to keep your wrist stable.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #115
lefthookright
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Ahh did this stretch and broke my arm. Your getting sued.

lol jk.

Didn't flair up at all today which was good just got myself a multivitamin
Went up to 315x3 on deadlifts did 155x5 on front squats 135x7 and 2 sets on strict rows did like 5 pullup and some weighted hyperextensions was good workout
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #116
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

nice man good weights on those d/ls with only one arm - Shame about the broken one

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #117
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks Big Val. Great post.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #118
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Ok well I think it's been a month since logging? if not not too much longer until I will have money for supps so then I am thinking about purchasing a very cheap whey maybe ON or getting scivation xtend? I've heard good things and am excited to be able to get some supps soon obviously this never will replace good food but it's always nice to have a little edge
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #119
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

do it up and get back at it!
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #120
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Ok started out with squats put 210 on the bar went down and realized today was not a squatting day. I just listened to my body and set it down on the spotter bars.
Went to bench and was happy I listened. I barely pushed out the 8 singles with 165 the last one felt awesome. Next week saturday I'm going for 3 doubles.
Finished off with cheat rows 185x7 and 10 pullups I've never been this good with pullups before next time I'll grab a little weight for them maybe