Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #101
lefthookright
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Well this is the 100th post in my log! Well letsee here started with squats gone up to 185x3 went for 205 was kinda crushed form wasn't really together here I need to think chest up. Anyway next week I'll go for 200x5
Bench I worked up to 165x1 and did 5 singles with that. Next week I'll go for 8 singles then I'll go for 3 doubles the week after.
Did some cheat rows 175x7 and then 10 pullups was going to do btn push press but I was so tired and my form isn't all the way down with them so I probably would have injured myself
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #102
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Oh and I just wanted to change up my squat because it was feeling kind of funny. Went downstairs threw 135 on the bar narrowed my stance a good amount and threw up an easy 10. Thought this felt good and went upstairs. About an hour later after thinking about this I decided to go downstairs again. I threw on 185 and got an easy 5 way easier than any other time I've squatted 185 so this seems really promising I'm sure my squats about to skyrocket.
On one more note I was going to get a pic for my profile here but my phone needs an sd card lame so as soon as I get one I'll have a picture up!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #103
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great job on the progress you've made so far. I use a pretty narrow stance and squat with more power from it. I've tried a wider stance but I just seem to lose some strength.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #104
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Good progress, lhr. Squat stance is such an individual thing. The important thing though is that you're squatting. Keep it up, you're on the right path.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #105
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Was sore kind of all over today but legs my arms still had some tendonitis at the elbow so decided to do legs. With the change of my foot stance I got 205x3 the weight which easily crushed me last time. Front squats up to 155x1 and sldl went to 225x7 and that was it
Old 02-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #106
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Solid workout LHR, crazy how small adjustments allow us to make big leaps in terms of pounds or reps.
Find what works for ya and smash it.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #107
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
Was sore kind of all over today but legs my arms still had some tendonitis at the elbow so decided to do legs. With the change of my foot stance I got 205x3 the weight which easily crushed me last time. Front squats up to 155x1 and sldl went to 225x7 and that was it
Those are strong SLDLs.

Do rows trigger your tendinitis?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #108
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

I'm honestly not sure I know it's golfers elbow. Even holding the bar for squats sometimes can trigger it. It's pretty much anything heavy.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #109
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

I had the same thing. It took some physical therapy and a questionable chiropractor to get me cured. There's some cool stretches you can do to help matters.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #110
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Ahhh i would love it if you could enlighten me on these stretches! at this point I'm going to get a joint supp too workout today was ok but definitely hindered by golfers elbow went up to 165x1 on bench could have gotten more but elbow was killing too bad. Went to btn push press worked up to 125x5 was good overhead movements don't trigger it as much and went to 145x5 on cgbp also hindered by golfers elbow =[ I really lik the btn push press though feels nice when you get in the groove