Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2010 Year Of Strength (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1617)

Grim83 01-02-2010 01:54 AM

2010 Year Of Strength

For part of 2010 i am going to be using a westside type routine to help boost my strength, so here is what i have come up with. Per the suggestions in Dave Tates articles, im going to go with three week blocks before switching ME exercises, also i will be using the three week waves for DE days going from 50% to 55% to 60% before dropping back.

Monday- Lower Body ME day
Squats/Deadlifts
Good Mornings- 4x5-8

Tuesday- Bench De Day
Bench press- 6x2
JM press- 4x6-10
Barbell Row- 3x6-10
Bent over Laterals- 2x8-12

Thursday- Lower Body De Day
Bench squats- 6x2
Romanian deadlift- 4x5-8
Weighted situps- 3x6-10

Friday- Bench ME Day
Bench Press/ Incline Press
Lying Triceps Extensions- 4x6-10
Military press-3x8-12
Bent over laterals- 2x8-12

kman025 01-02-2010 10:21 AM

I'm very interested to see how this works for you. When I'm finished with these linear gains, I'll probably do this (or ws4sb because it's similar and looks cool mixing in all the athletic shit).

Anyways good luck grim, run this and then tell me how you like it.

jhuse2 01-02-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 17761)
For part of 2010 i am going to be using a westside type routine to help boost my strength, so here is what i have come up with. Per the suggestions in Dave Tates articles, im going to go with three week blocks before switching ME exercises, also i will be using the three week waves for DE days going from 50% to 55% to 60% before dropping back.

Monday- Lower Body ME day
Squats/Deadlifts
Good Mornings- 4x5-8

Tuesday- Bench De Day
Bench press- 6x2
JM press- 4x6-10
Barbell Row- 3x6-10
Bent over Laterals- 2x8-12

Thursday- Lower Body De Day
Bench squats- 6x2
Romanian deadlift- 4x5-8
Weighted situps- 3x6-10

Friday- Bench ME Day
Bench Press/ Incline Press
Lying Triceps Extensions- 4x6-10
Military press-3x8-12
Bent over laterals- 2x8-12

I don't know the differences in the eastside and westside exercises. I will need to do some research. I do like the layout of the routine. I am a little confused on the abbreviations through. What is DE and ME. And what is a JM Press? I will be watching you progress. I guess everybody is going to kill it in 2010.

BendtheBar 01-02-2010 11:31 AM

Hit it hard Grimbo. I want to see you hit all your goals this year.

Grim83 01-02-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 17769)
I'm very interested to see how this works for you. When I'm finished with these linear gains, I'll probably do this (or ws4sb because it's similar and looks cool mixing in all the athletic shit).

Anyways good luck grim, run this and then tell me how you like it.

I will Kmano, WS4SB is very similar to normal westside except you typically dont have de days in stead he uses re days, and only have a ME day for legs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhuse2 (Post 17774)
I don't know the differences in the eastside and westside exercises. I will need to do some research. I do like the layout of the routine. I am a little confused on the abbreviations through. What is DE and ME. And what is a JM Press? I will be watching you progress. I guess everybody is going to kill it in 2010.

LOL thanks man, westside simply means it is based off the workouts from Westside barbell in Columbus ohio and the ideas of Louie Simmons, that gym is producing more top level powerlifters than anywhere else in the country. ME days are max effort days, basically whatever your main lift is for the day (as you see 2 are listed for me, because you cycle the lifts) you will attempt to set a new pr for that exercise. DE days are dynamic effort days, again whatever your main lift is (for me it is bench and bench squats) you will work with between 50-60% of your pr for the main exercise associated with it and focus on speed (the percentages are cycles over a 3 week period). A JM press is a cross between a lying tricep extension and a CGBP, all to basically work the triceps a little more.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 17784)
Hit it hard Grimbo. I want to see you hit all your goals this year.

Thats the plan man, im going to give this a 3 month run or so, assess and then rework as needed to allow me to get over an 800ib total by october, im looking at doing the irontoberfest then, and the guy who won the class last year totaled like 850.

kitarpyar 01-02-2010 02:43 PM

Good luck dude. Dont know much of westside routine, so I will keep a close watch on this log and see what I can pick up.

Grim83 01-02-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 17815)
Good luck dude. Dont know much of westside routine, so I will keep a close watch on this log and see what I can pick up.

Thanks bro good luck to everyone in 2010, i cant wait till monday so i can give this try

rippednmichigan 01-02-2010 02:50 PM

Looking forward to seeing your numbers grows.

kman025 01-02-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 17810)
I will Kmano, WS4SB is very similar to normal westside except you typically dont have de days in stead he uses re days, and only have a ME day for legs.

Thats the plan man, im going to give this a 3 month run or so, assess and then rework as needed to allow me to get over an 800ib total by october, im looking at doing the irontoberfest then, and the guy who won the class last year totaled like 850.

1) What's a RE day? (ill look it up later, just wondering what it generally means)

2) you'll own that shit man. you can get 800+ easy. Good luck and i wish i had a good contest to enter :(. im sure the program will work good luck.

Grim83 01-02-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 17830)
1) What's a RE day? (ill look it up later, just wondering what it generally means)

2) you'll own that shit man. you can get 800+ easy. Good luck and i wish i had a good contest to enter :(. im sure the program will work good luck.

There are a lot around, try going to Powerlifting Watch | Covering the World of Powerlifting (enter name of your state)

as far as RE days, its used in normal westside for assistance exercises and stands for Repeated Effort, its basically more like a traditional bodybuilder type stuff