Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My lifting log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15959)

kitarpyar 01-01-2014 03:12 PM

My lifting log
 
New year, new log. Determined not to get side tracked no matter what the circumstances. Nuts and bolts of what I am trying to do -

Routine: Fullbody 3x week
Main lifts: Cleans, Squat, Bench or OHP, Barbell Rows. Deads thrown in 1x week
List of other lifts: Front squat, French Press, Curls, Pull ups
Some ab work every day

Reps/Sets
High rep, low weights work for 6 weeks, to build up some work capacity. Think of going heavy after that.

Cardio: Taekwondo, 3x week + odd sprints

Diet: 3 meals, lots of salad, meat, milk, eggs, cream, fruits. Small portions of rice or bread.

Goals:
Physique goals: (by April end)
Current bodyweight is a slightly flabby 189 lbs. Get down to a solid 175 lbs
Lifting goals: (by April end, 1RM)
OHP - BW
Bench - 225 (2pps)
Squat - 315 (3pps)
Deadlift - 405 (4pps)

I will be working out in the university gym. Gym's closed today, so lifting starts tomorrow.

BendtheBar 01-02-2014 08:30 PM

Hey after it Ray.

kitarpyar 01-02-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 443235)
Hey after it Ray.

You bet! The journey (re)started tonight.

Day 1: 2nd Jan 2014

Cleans
bar x 20
95 x 10
115 x 2 sets x 5

OHP
bar x 15
95 x 2 sets x 10

BB Rows
bar x 20
105 x 2 sets x 10

Bench
bar x 15
105 x 2 sets x 10

Squat
bar x 15
135 x 2 sets x 10

Crunches
2 sets x 15

Weights felt light, but felt rather winded. Sticking to high reps for next 6 weeks may be a good decision after all.

ravimolasaria 01-03-2014 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 442782)
New year, new log. Determined not to get side tracked no matter what the circumstances. Nuts and bolts of what I am trying to do -

Routine: Fullbody 3x week
Main lifts: Cleans, Squat, Bench or OHP, Barbell Rows. Deads thrown in 1x week
List of other lifts: Front squat, French Press, Curls, Pull ups
Some ab work every day

Reps/Sets
High rep, low weights work for 6 weeks, to build up some work capacity. Think of going heavy after that.

Cardio: Taekwondo, 3x week + odd sprints

Diet: 3 meals, lots of salad, meat, milk, eggs, cream, fruits. Small portions of rice or bread.

Goals:
Physique goals: (by April end)
Current bodyweight is a slightly flabby 189 lbs. Get down to a solid 175 lbs
Lifting goals: (by April end, 1RM)
OHP - BW
Bench - 225 (2pps)
Squat - 315 (3pps)
Deadlift - 405 (4pps)

I will be working out in the university gym. Gym's closed today, so lifting starts tomorrow.

In for some new PR .... :rockon::rockon:

ravimolasaria 01-03-2014 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 443272)
Day 1: 2nd Jan 2014

Cleans bar x 20 95 x 10 115 x 2 sets x 5
OHP bar x 15 95 x 2 sets x 10
BB Rows bar x 20 105 x 2 sets x 10
Bench bar x 15 105 x 2 sets x 10
Squat bar x 15 135 x 2 sets x 10
Crunches 2 sets x 15

Weights felt light, but felt rather winded. Sticking to high reps for next 6 weeks may be a good decision after all.

Great start Pratik .... Smart decision to start light and then pick up some wt. Keep up the great work brother ... :biglifter::biglifter:

kitarpyar 01-03-2014 02:33 PM

Cardio Day 1: 3rd Jan 2014

Taekwondo is yet to start, so it was running and the stationary bike.

1 mile run: 10 minutes 44 seconds
3 mile stationary bike: 14 minutes 07 seconds

5kgLifter 01-03-2014 05:00 PM

Nice work, Kitarpyar!

Tannhauser 01-03-2014 05:27 PM

Excellent goals. Good luck with it

BendtheBar 01-04-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 443482)
Cardio Day 1: 3rd Jan 2014

Taekwondo is yet to start, so it was running and the stationary bike.

1 mile run: 10 minutes 44 seconds
3 mile stationary bike: 14 minutes 07 seconds

Solid work.

kitarpyar 01-05-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 443538)
Nice work, Kitarpyar!

Thanks 5kg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 443544)
Excellent goals. Good luck with it

Thanks Tann

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 443867)
Solid work.

We should start competing in terms of cardio ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.