IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

12/26/2013 bench!!

Warmed up to 250X6, 275x6, 275x5, 275x6 (RAM)
OHP to chin: 135x10,x15, x9

Pullovers : 55x15, 55x6

The area near my elbow on my left biceps still hurts like crazy on movements that bring my arms in to close. Gonna do research and find a mobility program or something f to try and work it out. Good day benching today with Orsson.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #52
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

12/27 Deadlifts fail

Hit warmups pretty well. 405x4 was pretty good. Then 455x1 was a grinder. Then I attempted 480 and couldn't even get it off the ground. Looking at things, I think my rest has contributed. I haven't slept as much the past couple nights as I need to. Nutrition is a big question mark. I haven't eaten my usual food and may not be getting enough in me as I should be. I'll probably try again Monday.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

1 March 2014
Old 12-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #53
audix2359
New Brawn
Points: 140, Level: 2 Points: 140, Level: 2 Points: 140, Level: 2
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: Feb. 2010
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Dips and Rows
Fav Supp: Salted Caramel Ice Cream
audix2359 has made some quality postsaudix2359 has made some quality postsaudix2359 has made some quality postsaudix2359 has made some quality postsaudix2359 has made some quality postsaudix2359 has made some quality posts

Sometimes it just isn't your day. We have all had these. For me, my deadlift seems to be most affected by things being a little off.

I'm sure you'll kill it next time.
audix2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #54
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Hope things get better big man.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #55
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
12/27 Deadlifts fail

Hit warmups pretty well. 405x4 was pretty good. Then 455x1 was a grinder. Then I attempted 480 and couldn't even get it off the ground. Looking at things, I think my rest has contributed. I haven't slept as much the past couple nights as I need to. Nutrition is a big question mark. I haven't eaten my usual food and may not be getting enough in me as I should be. I'll probably try again Monday.

Next time build up in 10% singles and try your heavy singles before 405x4. See how it goes.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #56
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
12/27 Deadlifts fail

100% agree with BTB ... DL is one bitchy exercise ... You will get it next time ... keep charging hard brother ...
Old 12-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #57
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default 12/30/2013 deadlift pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by audix2359 View Post
Sometimes it just isn't your day. We have all had these. For me, my deadlift seems to be most affected by things being a little off.

I'm sure you'll kill it next time.
Yeah, Deadlift is tricky for me. Oh well. I'll take a tricky lift for having two consistent ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Hope things get better big man.
That they have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Next time build up in 10% singles and try your heavy singles before 405x4. See how it goes.
Warming up in singles helped a lot. Did some hip mobility stuff as well as my usual shoulder stuff and that seems to have opened me up and gotten me warmed up and ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
100% agree with BTB ... DL is one bitchy exercise ... You will get it next time ... keep charging hard brother ...
Charging hard for you, Ravi!

SO FINALLY THE WRITE UP.

460x2
380 for 8 triples, 90 seconds rest between sets. Last couple sets had grinders, but were good. Bringin my feet closer feels more powerful and i'm working more on pulling the bar into my shins and keeping my hips down in the first part.

Done circuit style, 90 seconds rest between lifts, 2-3 minutes between circuits:
(WxSxR)
Straight leg Deads: 275x3x8
BB Rows: 225x8 (Had to set it down a couple times), 185x2x8
Lat pulldowns: 187.5x8, replaced with inverted rows on Smith machine: BW(265)x2x11
Good Mornings: 225x2x8 (Did 2 on the third circuit but was shot)

Today was a good day. I'm happy with how it turned out. I got a bit gassed on the last couple sets of triples and on the circuit, but that's probably to be expected.

Weighed in at 267.2 tonight after my workout. I know it was a bit inaccurate, but it was still a wake-up call. After the first, I've got to work on getting my weight down a bit. It's made setting up for deadlifts more difficult than it should be. I set out at the beginning of this year to get strong again. I've surpassed my expectations for sure. This next year will be my year to get lean and look as strong as I am. I'm not entirely sure how I'll do it yet, but I'm leaning towards carb backloading as I would like to give it a proper shot this time around and see what I can do with it.

1 March 2014
Old 12-31-2013, 02:49 AM   #58
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Wow dude, great session. However, CBL is not recommended for higher body fat levels. It could work IMO if you kept the carbs sensible and used a target macros approach. Mark Bell used Carb nite to lose a lot of fat, but then used a bodybuilder style diet to get shredded.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #59
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
460x2 380 for 8 triples, 90 seconds rest between sets. Last couple sets had grinders, but were good. Bringin my feet closer feels more powerful and i'm working more on pulling the bar into my shins and keeping my hips down in the first part.

Done circuit style, 90 seconds rest between lifts, 2-3 minutes between circuits:
(WxSxR)
Straight leg Deads: 275x3x8
BB Rows: 225x8 (Had to set it down a couple times), 185x2x8
Lat pulldowns: 187.5x8, replaced with inverted rows on Smith machine: BW(265)x2x11
Good Mornings: 225x2x8 (Did 2 on the third circuit but was shot)
That's some strong wts. and volume along with intensity IH ... best luck for your goals in 2014 ... keep up the great work buddy ...
Old 12-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #60
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
Wow dude, great session. However, CBL is not recommended for higher body fat levels. It could work IMO if you kept the carbs sensible and used a target macros approach. Mark Bell used Carb nite to lose a lot of fat, but then used a bodybuilder style diet to get shredded.
Yeah, looking at the macros I would need
to hit, I wouldn't be getting many carbs anyways. A carb nite-esque approach will probably be the way I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
That's some strong wts. and volume along with intensity IH ... best luck for your goals in 2014 ... keep up the great work buddy ...
Thanks big Ravi

1 March 2014