Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default GL's Beer, and Barbell log

Just a place to keep myself accountable.

There will not be any groundbreaking or newest latest program promising epic ultimate results. In fact this will be a very low key, SLOW progression plan of very limited moves.

While I have a garage full of gear with two oly bars, squat rack, lat tower. bench, ect. I will just be using an old 7'/ 1" bar set with a couple hundred pounds of plates. I have 6 25lb plates, 4 10lbs, 4 5lbs, 2 2.5lb.

I have more than that at the house, but I have left some there for my Daughter to use. Left my dumbell handells there as well, but may bring them over and put them to use.

Logging may be sporadic and done on a weekly basis, but I'll log as I have time. Just getting some of the sessions in will stretch my day.

All lifts will require tht I clean the weight. I won't be adding in much additional clean work at this time but that may come later depending on how my back feels.

Some of the staple moves will be:

Back squats
Front squat
Overhead squats

Standing BHNP snatch grip pressing
Standing front pressing
Snatch grip high pulls

French pressing
BB curls

I'll generally work a 3x10 scheme for all moves

A long program will incorporate all the moves, while a short program will be whatever I feel like doing that day.

I'll generally work everyday, and to start I'm using very light weights, and I do mean light weight. The accumulative effect of working everyday adds a dimention to the program that has to be accounted for.

This is very much in keeping with old style classic physique programming. Progression on the program will be kept to a slow increase 5lbs at a time.

The last time I did this I had worked up to cleaning and push pressing 185 for sets of 5 reps on pressing and 10 for squatting. There was a lot of cleaning in that program, with additional cleaning just for cleaning work.

Things were going well, until I used my squat rack and pushed hard one day and strained myself.

Slow and steady. I lifted more and worked heavier in the past, but right now doing anything at all is better than what I have been doing these past few months.

You can post comments if you like, but I'm not looking for any. I'm not anti social, but this won't be about pr's or some epic session.

The Beer. Why? Why not? I'm not getting any younger, and it's tasty.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default Oct 22

3x10 back squats
3x10 overhead squats
3x10 snatch grip bhnp presses
2x10 bb curl
2x10 french press

Continue to work to get all sets up to 3x10 and have all the moves completed in one session. When the entire session can be completed for a week everyday then weight will be added.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Don't need anymore than that. Simple. Progress. Drink beer. I am subbed
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Who knows we may get the band back together.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Good beer

Old 10-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
CountryFriedMuscle
Max Brawn

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Log Press
CountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributor

Ha, I love the title of the log! Hope progress goes well, best of luck to you.
CountryFriedMuscle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

In for the band getting back together.
Nice to have you back Gl
Old 10-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Warsteiner. Try it. Cheapish, but very good.

Haha. I was thinking about a Donnie Thompson video where he was talking about lifting and he said one woman he was talking to (or something like that) said "nobody cares about your squat!"

Well, I'm saying nobody cares about your weights! Just the fact you are lifting them. That's what matters.

Rock on.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Just getting some of the sessions in will complete my day.
Fixed.

I've been thinking about the clean only set up...

Also, hooray, beer!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Who knows we may get the band back together.

Rock on.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote