Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 AM   #41
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member
Default Chaos and Pain

After reading this article - 10 Reasons Stuart McRobert Can Go Fuck Himself - by Jamie Lewis, I visited his blog. Nice read, hilarious, irreverent and quite informative on his rather different training style.

If you are interested, here is the link - ChAoS & PAIN

He has a link to his (sporadically updated) workout log in his blog as well. Monster lifts, with warm-up weights that would staple many gym goers to the ground should they take it upon them to attempt it.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 12-17-2009 at 07:09 AM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #42
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
After reading this article - 10 Reasons Stuart McRobert Can Go Fuck Himself - by Jamie Lewis, I visited his blog. Nice read, hilarious, irreverent and quite informative on his rather different training style.

If you are interested, here is the link - ChAoS & PAIN

He has a link to his (sporadically updated) workout log in his blog as well. Monster lifts, with warm-up weights that would staple many gym goers to the ground should they take it upon them to attempt it.
Interesting blog. I hope the article isn't too offensive. I try to allow all voices to be heard. Jamie is a very intelligent individual, and he knows quite a bit about diet, nutrition and supplements. At the end of the day, I would rather have read 1 Jamie Lewis blog post then 10 same old, same old bodybuilding articles. I know many people will differ with me on this opinion, and I respect that.

Jamie challenges my thinking on several fronts. And while I don't always like the walking on the edge training style, I almost always walk away learning something.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #43
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Interesting blog. I hope the article isn't too offensive. I try to allow all voices to be heard. Jamie is a very intelligent individual, and he knows quite a bit about diet, nutrition and supplements. At the end of the day, I would rather have read 1 Jamie Lewis blog post then 10 same old, same old bodybuilding articles. I know many people will differ with me on this opinion, and I respect that.

Jamie challenges my thinking on several fronts. And while I don't always like the walking on the edge training style, I almost always walk away learning something.
Nope, I find it perfectly fine to look at different viewpoints, and actually liked the article (which is not saying I agree 100% with whatever he said). While the language is strong, its also entertaining, lol, and a nice read. And you are right, he is someone who knows what he is talking about.

His training style is brutal, but what should not be lost (eg: look at his blog for advice for beginners) is that he has built up to this style slowly. In the training for beginners post, he clearly states folks would be better off training in Reeves / Parks style for 6 months or so, before venturing into his own style of training. So, it is not as if he is encouraging a rank lifter to jump into insane routines. I think it is fair to say as well that for advanced lifters (and the most successful, whether for bodybuilding or Oly lifting), high volume seems to be the way to go. So, all in all, its pretty understandable why he does what he does. Some folks might think him crazy, but to me at least, it seems that there is a very clear and logical method to his madness.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #44
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I liked the article as well, and did not find it offensive. I like seeing the whole spectrum of the pendulum swing. I also do not agree with everything that he says, but I don't agree with everything McRoberts says either.

Like most things a bit more balanced approach somewhere in the middle is where to begin. Venturing to both ends of the scale is called for at times.

I will say that I think he missed the mark on a few of his rants about McRobert. As I was reading it, I wondered if we were talking about the same person. Not literally of course.

I like Chaos's attitude of balls to the wall, and I like McRoberts attitude of train smart, and know the obstacles to overcome. Between the two of them they have a pretty good blend of how I like to work.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #45
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good post KP.

I generally keep a great deal of respect for any lifter who works hard and doesn't write articles to sell something. Jamie has his directional arrows pointed in the right direction on most issues. I find his training to be very much like Doug Hepburn, in that he focuses on heavy singles, doubles and triples.

I will share this...when I talk to Jamie via email, he is one of the nicest, most polite and respectful individuals on the planet. I say this because it is easy for some to draw from his writing that Jamie is an ass. I view his writing as hardcore lifting with a lot of humor.

And like GL said, balance is good. One thing I fear is only allowing one point of view on this website. I want each man to forge his own road. I don't want to forge it for him like Mentzer or Weider.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #46
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I generally keep a great deal of respect for any lifter who works hard and doesn't write articles to sell something. Jamie has his directional arrows pointed in the right direction on most issues. I find his training to be very much like Doug Hepburn, in that he focuses on heavy singles, doubles and triples.

I will share this...when I talk to Jamie via email, he is one of the nicest, most polite and respectful individuals on the planet. I say this because it is easy for some to draw from his writing that Jamie is an ass. I view his writing as hardcore lifting with a lot of humor.

One thing I fear is only allowing one point of view on this website. I want each man to forge his own road. I don't want to forge it for him like Mentzer or Weider.

Thats a good point BTB, and a position that I think is missing on a lot of other forums. Discussions break down, and what could be useful diologue becomes nothing more than posturing by cliques, as to why they are right in there approach.

They are many ways to pursue this sport, and what works for one person may not work for another. There are some common rules that everybody needs to pay attention to, but even those can differ from person to person. Knowing all of the tools available to use, can allow for somebody to pick out a small selection of them to use at any one time.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #47
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

That's the beauty of lifting. Myriads of lifting style, number of great bodies built on each of them, and two attributes that are common to each - consistency and progression.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #48
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Default 18th Dec 2009 (Workout A, Day - 4)

Was feeling crap, probably due to over-eating oily spicy food all meals yesterday. Tummy was rumbling all day long and spent quite some time in the restroom. Even the warm up weights felt heavy. But the routine called for exceeding the starting maxes, and that I did. After getting a bit pumped, I attempted PRs on 2 of the 3 lifts and got them (yeah, f*** who wants to wait till Jan for a PR).

Cleans
45 x 10
85 x 5
125 x 3
150 x 3
150 x 3
155 x 1
160 x 1 PR
165 x fail
165 x fail
125 x 7

Military Press
45 x 10
75 x 5
105 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
145 x 2
150 x 1
155 x 1 PR
160 x fail
105 x 9

Squats
135 x 8
205 x 5
230 x 5
255 x 5
255 x 5
275 x 2
230 x 7

Did not max out on squats, or try PRs. There was no power rack or spotter (and nobody in the gym, except for my father who dropped in for a couple of minutes while I was military pressing). I decided that PR attempts can wait till Jan when I will be back in Ames and will be squatting in a power rack. All in all, despite the crappy start, a decent enough workout.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #49
glwanabe
Max Brawn

"K" your hitting some solid numbers on those singles. Keep banging away man.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #50
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Good work out kitarpyar, keep pushing buddy.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote