Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 AM   #31
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Banged my face against the corner of a table and broke my tooth. Few pieces of the root stayed inside the gum. The dentist had to cut it open and remove them and then stitch it up. Not a big deal, but it meant i had been consuming only liquid food for the entire day, so, overall, it was a very low calorie day to attempt my "starting maxes", which is why the lifts felt a bit hard. I am allowed to eat solids starting tonight.
Nice lifts Kit,

This whole tooth adventure, does not sound like a good time.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #32
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Nice lifts Kit,

This whole tooth adventure, does not sound like a good time.
Haha, it wasn't good for sure. Not yet 30, and a tooth lost. Gotta be careful to preserve the others I guess.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hang in there Kit. I tend to avoid training on dentist days due to sheer mental exhaustion. Great job lifting on a less then perfect day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #34
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Damm Kit sorry to hear about the tooth, sure you can come up with a better story tho. Something tough and manly. Liking losing it while lifting 500lbs on a D/L lost balance and hit the rack mouth first

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #35
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hang in there Kit. I tend to avoid training on dentist days due to sheer mental exhaustion. Great job lifting on a less then perfect day.
Thanks/ Perhaps I should have skipped training, but the fact that the gym where I am working out stays open only on very limited days and time made me scoot off to lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
Damm Kit sorry to hear about the tooth, sure you can come up with a better story tho. Something tough and manly. Liking losing it while lifting 500lbs on a D/L lost balance and hit the rack mouth first
Ummm... I have been hit in the mouth by a barbell while cleaning earlier with horrible form, but everything stayed intact then. Guess a table is stronger than barbell sans momentum

... which reminds me, when I get back, I should try and tape a few of my cleans. My form was, and still is bad, and that is the main reason why the lifts are so low (not to mention I have been cleaning for a fairly short time).
Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #36
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
I should try and tape a few of my cleans. My form was, and still is bad, and that is the main reason why the lifts are so low (not to mention I have been cleaning for a fairly short time).
I feel you on this have thought the same, would also like input on my benching form too.
Should look into doing this.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #37
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Default 16th Dec 2009 (Workout B, Day - 3)

Decent day. Reached all targets.

Bench Press
45 x 12
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 5
165 x 4*
175 x 2
135 x 11

Deadlifts
135 x 5
195 x 5
230 x 5
260 x 5
260 x 5
280 x 2
230 x 6

Front Squats
45 x 10
75 x 5
105 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
145 x 2
105 x 11

* Felt I could get the 5th rep, but still, stopped short since I was not using a power rack (none available) and I didnt have a spotter either (I was the only person in the gym - being a local college gym, they dont even have any gym staff inside the weight room).

Should also mention that all warm up sets on deads are done with double overhand grip. All the work sets (last 4 sets) are done with a mixed grip.

Looking forward to exceed the starting maxes next workout. I wont call them PRs, since before a short break, I was lifting a bit more than what I am supposed to lift next workout. PRs will start falling in the next cycle in January.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I do deadlift warmups the same way...double overhand. Your deadlift numbers are really looking good. Keep hard at them. Sooner or later you're going to be surprised...I really think your pushing numbers are going to jump quickly.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #39
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Decent day. Reached all targets.

Bench Press
45 x 12
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 5
165 x 4*
175 x 2
135 x 11

Deadlifts
135 x 5
195 x 5
230 x 5
260 x 5
260 x 5
280 x 2
230 x 6

Front Squats
45 x 10
75 x 5
105 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
145 x 2
105 x 11

* Felt I could get the 5th rep, but still, stopped short since I was not using a power rack (none available) and I didnt have a spotter either (I was the only person in the gym - being a local college gym, they dont even have any gym staff inside the weight room).

Should also mention that all warm up sets on deads are done with double overhand grip. All the work sets (last 4 sets) are done with a mixed grip.

Looking forward to exceed the starting maxes next workout. I wont call them PRs, since before a short break, I was lifting a bit more than what I am supposed to lift next workout. PRs will start falling in the next cycle in January.
good numbers Kit... just do the deads... the pounds WILL come!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #40
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I do deadlift warmups the same way...double overhand. Your deadlift numbers are really looking good. Keep hard at them. Sooner or later you're going to be surprised...I really think your pushing numbers are going to jump quickly.
thanks. sure hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
good numbers Kit... just do the deads... the pounds WILL come!!!
That's what I am thinking as well. It's fun just to get as much off the floor as I can.