Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   We all start somewhere! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13426)

funk 04-25-2013 05:36 AM

We all start somewhere!

Hey guys

Realising that the most realistic way for me to keep up with a Workout log is to make it public!

Plus i can share all my success and failures :D

Spent august-december last year doing the typical bro splits, not knowing what i should be eating and having very little progression built into my workouts. come january i found "ice cream fitness" channel on youtube
And decided it was time to go with a program that has some direction.

Working out 3 times a week ABA BAB. I can't post links or i would be able to link you all to the video on youtube!

Workout A
Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Barbell Row 5x5
Barbell Shrug 3x8
Skullcrusher 3x8
Chins 3x5-8
or Striaght Bar/Incline Curl 3x8
Hyperextention 2x10
Kneeling Cable Crunch 3x10-20

Workout B
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Standing Press 5x5
Barbell Row 5x5 -10%
CGBP 3x8
Straight Bar or Incline Curl 3x8
Kneeling Cable Crunch 3x10-20

Unfortunately i've lost around 6 weeks of training time this year through injury (none caused in the weight room go figure) so i feel i'm a little behind where i want to be.

Little bit of backround aside, time to get lifting!

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

funk 04-25-2013 05:43 AM

Monday 22nd April 2013

Monday was my workout B day and was my first serious day back after a couple of light sessions last week to get back into the swing of things.

Squat - N/A (still getting knee pain at the bottom of my squat so deciding to leave things for another week)

Deadlift - 130kg 1x5
Standing Military Press - 50kg 5x5
Bent over Row - 62.5 5x5 (-10%)
Close grip Bench - 65kg 3x8
Barbell curls - 30 kg 2x8

All in all a succesful workout. Was really happy with my deadlift as i felt in control of the movement the whole time. Planning on putting up some videos of my lifts for critique so watch this space!

brad1224 04-25-2013 09:17 AM

along for the ride! just keep this updated man and if you need help we are all here for ya

funk 04-25-2013 07:01 PM

Wednesday 24th April

Workout A

Squat - 3x5 70kg (started light so i get my knee a little more used to the movement but just happy to be squatting again!)

Bench press - 72.5kg 5x5
Bent over row - 70kg 5x5
shrugs - 80kg 3x8
skullcrushers 15kg + ez bar 3x8
Pull ups 3x5
kneeling cable crunch 40 - 3x15

My technique on bench needs a LOT of work, really struggling with this so i'm hoping to get a video up soon as i know this is really one of my weak points. Still hadn't gone above 70 before so i was proud of myself when i hit that last rep :)

Feeling stronger though which is key, i'm gonna make a more informative post tommorow with dietary stuff,what my goals are and a little more about my background for anyone interested.

BendtheBar 04-28-2013 10:01 AM

Good luck Funk, will be following along.