King of The Cowboys
Max Brawn
Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
WilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beast

Good Job Moe, hope the bar positioning works well for you.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #182
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Moe on!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #183
I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

All this squatting going on in here, I am green with envy.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #184
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #185
The Badass
Max Brawn
Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: since 2006
Training Type: Other
Fav Supp: EGGS & BACON
The Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributor

Good work Marv! I need to keep my eye on you or you'll pass me in this BIG program.
The Badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #186
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Congrats on those excellent squats. I'm glad you found your groove and are enjoying the journey. That's what it's all about.
Thanks OR, and I am enjoying the ride...I was getting a little discouraged a while back, but with the help of Steve and JB, I am back on track and loving the iron again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great workout Marvin! Think it's great that your doing better and liking squats man! Good to hear you're finding a way to move things around! Keep working hard!!!
Thanks Jay, seems like a never ending battle to balance everything out, but I get a lottle closer each time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Making tweaks to suit your life is a big part of lifting and ultimately enjoying it, which you are now thankfully doing. For me, high bar squats is the only way I'll do them as low bar causes me to lean. For you, it's the opposite haha - just goes to prove once again there is no black & white right or wrong way.

Looking forward to seeing you progress on squats as you have worked so hard and never gave up.
Thanks Jim, not too long ago I almost gave up on ssquats due to the hip arthritis, but I just kept reading, adjusting, re-adjusting and reading some more...I think I am close to getting it...oh yeah...giving them the hard effort they deserve...sometime people forget that....

[quote=MikeM;366013]I did the same thing. Switched to low bar around the same time in JB's program and you're right, it did make me dread squat days less. Only for a while though. Haha. Squats are always tough for me.

Getting it done even with all the work interuptions bodes well. Hope you rip up those bench next time.

Rock on Moe.[/QUOTE

Thanks Mike, I was really happy to read someone did the same thing as I...sometimes I wonder if these things I come up with are really out in left field or not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilldBill88 View Post
Good Job Moe, hope the bar positioning works well for you.
You and me both WilldBill, and thanks for stopping in!l

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Moe on!
Thst I will BTB, that I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
All this squatting going on in here, I am green with envy.
Dont worry Lisa, its only a matter of time before I am looking up at your totals...I am using your down time to build myself a little cushion...so you wont pass me too soon !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
That sure brought back memories JB, when Rocky came out, I was 13 yrs old, and I used to call the local radio station before my little league games and have them play it to get myself fired up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badass View Post
Good work Marv! I need to keep my eye on you or you'll pass me in this BIG program.
I dont see that happening any time soon...but that will not stop me from trying to pass you!!!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #187
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

nice squats, i hope the bar positioning works out for you.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #188
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Nice work Moe!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #189
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Marvin is always putting in great work! I'm with Mike though. I still hate squats and always will lol
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #190
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
nice squats, i hope the bar positioning works out for you.
Time will tell Lee...Ill see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Nice work Moe!
Thanks Babs!!!! And thanks for stopping in

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Marvin is always putting in great work! I'm with Mike though. I still hate squats and always will lol
Rich, I never thought I would come to like em...but amazing things happen when you make progress....wait until I stall out, I will hate them again!!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote