Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #51
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm feeling very good, and mentally engaged. This is a program I can live with. The only issue I'm dealing with is light day. I'm not sure that hang cleans are staying, but the question is...if I don't do them, what then?
What about clean high pulls?

This takes the catch phase out, but also means you don't have to muscle the weight back down from the catch position. It also gives you an upright row move, that I know you would like. It would also still serve as a power movement, and a good warmup for heavy deads.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #52
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It's a good possibility. How high should I shoot to pull them? Chin level?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #53
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
It's a good possibility. How high should I shoot to pull them? Chin level?
No higher than we have talked about with regular upright rows, about chest high, or when your upper arms are parallel to the ground.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #54
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
No higher than we have talked about with regular upright rows, about chest high, or when your upper arms are parallel to the ground.
Thanks bubba.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #55
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

12/04/2009: Heavy Day

Workout Time: 82 minutes

Workout Grade: A+

Sometimes you just have to slap the plates on the bar, slap the bar on your back, and be willing to die or fail. That's what I did tonight.

You can spend half the hours of each day considering rep and set schemes, training splits, and training approaches. But sooner or later every training routine comes down to man vs. iron.

Man v Iron

I have spent the last year hovering around a 440 squat max. But I haven't been as aggressive as I should have been. Sure, I've put in my reps with 80% plus weight. That really hadn't been working. So I'm trying a new approach:

NDE. Near Death Experience. Instead of doing doubles and triples on heavy day, I'm doing heavy singles between 90 to 95%. It paid off. I performed only 8 squat reps tonight, but my body was pushed, and I can feel it.

I will be rewarded. Or I will break myself trying.

Slap the weight on your back and stop making excuses. What's the worst thing that can happen? Failure? Failure is not trying. And I haven't been trying hard enough.

I also slapped weight on my Yates Rows and Closegrip benches. I'm done just being "strong enough". I know I have it in me.

I know I have a 550 squat, 600 deadlift and 430 bench. I know I have a 1580 total somewhere lurking inside my old body. And I don't give a damn about training splits, and "should I do 4 to 10 reps or 8 to 12 for hypertrophy?"

Do you know who worries about these things? The young and naive. Young trainees, take a word of advice from an old fart.

Lift. Heavy. Weight.

Bench Press
285 x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3

Squat
405 x 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1

Yates Rows
225 x 5/5/5/5/4

Close Grip Bench Press
225 x 8/8/6

Then I ate 4 double cheeseburgers. The end.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-04-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #56
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

MMMMMMMMMMM double chz burgers! Nice squats big daddy!
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #57
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Very nice, Love the attitude. Thats exactly the attitude I had today. I was going to rep up at 220, but said Screw it. put that weight on and squat it.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #58
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Thanks guys. My workouts have been great lately. To be honest, it's very motivating seeing all the new guys on the forum. It's like having 20 training partners.

That, and I want to hit 500 so bad I can tastify it.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #59
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Thanks guys. My workouts have been great lately. To be honest, it's very motivating seeing all the new guys on the forum. It's like having 20 training partners.

That, and I want to hit 500 so bad I can tastify it.
By the time I hit my target goal of 300, I'll be less than 200 behind you.

TURN IT UP!!

YouTube - Testament - Electric Crown
Old 12-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #60
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
12/04/2009: Heavy Day

Workout Time: 82 minutes

Workout Grade: A+

Sometimes you just have to slap the plates on the bar, slap the bar on your back, and be willing to die or fail. That's what I did tonight.

You can spend half the hours of each day considering rep and set schemes, training splits, and training approaches. But sooner or later every training routine comes down to man vs. iron.

Man v Iron

I have spent the last year hovering around a 440 squat max. But I haven't been as aggressive as I should have been. Sure, I've put in my reps with 80% plus weight. That really hadn't been working. So I'm trying a new approach:

NDE. Near Death Experience. Instead of doing doubles and triples on heavy day, I'm doing heavy singles between 90 to 95%. It paid off. I performed only 8 squat reps tonight, but my body was pushed, and I can feel it.

I will be rewarded. Or I will break myself trying.

Slap the weight on your back and stop making excuses. What's the worst thing that can happen? Failure? Failure is not trying. And I haven't been trying hard enough.

I also slapped weight on my Yates Rows and Closegrip benches. I'm done just being "strong enough". I know I have it in me.

I know I have a 550 squat, 600 deadlift and 430 bench. I know I have a 1580 total somewhere lurking inside my old body. And I don't give a damn about training splits, and "should I do 4 to 10 reps or 8 to 12 for hypertrophy?"

Do you know who worries about these things? The young and naive. Young trainees, take a word of advice from an old fart.

Lift. Heavy. Weight.

Bench Press
285 x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3

Squat
405 x 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1

Yates Rows
225 x 5/5/5/5/4

Close Grip Bench Press
225 x 8/8/6

Then I ate 4 double cheeseburgers. The end.
I love everything about this post!!!!! Everything. Great work !
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote