Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #51
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm feeling very good, and mentally engaged. This is a program I can live with. The only issue I'm dealing with is light day. I'm not sure that hang cleans are staying, but the question is...if I don't do them, what then?
What about clean high pulls?

This takes the catch phase out, but also means you don't have to muscle the weight back down from the catch position. It also gives you an upright row move, that I know you would like. It would also still serve as a power movement, and a good warmup for heavy deads.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #52
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,946
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

It's a good possibility. How high should I shoot to pull them? Chin level?
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #53
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
It's a good possibility. How high should I shoot to pull them? Chin level?
No higher than we have talked about with regular upright rows, about chest high, or when your upper arms are parallel to the ground.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #54
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,946
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
No higher than we have talked about with regular upright rows, about chest high, or when your upper arms are parallel to the ground.
Thanks bubba.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #55
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,946
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

12/04/2009: Heavy Day

Workout Time: 82 minutes

Workout Grade: A+

Sometimes you just have to slap the plates on the bar, slap the bar on your back, and be willing to die or fail. That's what I did tonight.

You can spend half the hours of each day considering rep and set schemes, training splits, and training approaches. But sooner or later every training routine comes down to man vs. iron.

Man v Iron

I have spent the last year hovering around a 440 squat max. But I haven't been as aggressive as I should have been. Sure, I've put in my reps with 80% plus weight. That really hadn't been working. So I'm trying a new approach:

NDE. Near Death Experience. Instead of doing doubles and triples on heavy day, I'm doing heavy singles between 90 to 95%. It paid off. I performed only 8 squat reps tonight, but my body was pushed, and I can feel it.

I will be rewarded. Or I will break myself trying.

Slap the weight on your back and stop making excuses. What's the worst thing that can happen? Failure? Failure is not trying. And I haven't been trying hard enough.

I also slapped weight on my Yates Rows and Closegrip benches. I'm done just being "strong enough". I know I have it in me.

I know I have a 550 squat, 600 deadlift and 430 bench. I know I have a 1580 total somewhere lurking inside my old body. And I don't give a damn about training splits, and "should I do 4 to 10 reps or 8 to 12 for hypertrophy?"

Do you know who worries about these things? The young and naive. Young trainees, take a word of advice from an old fart.

Lift. Heavy. Weight.

Bench Press
285 x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3

Squat
405 x 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1

Yates Rows
225 x 5/5/5/5/4

Close Grip Bench Press
225 x 8/8/6



Then I ate 4 double cheeseburgers. The end.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."



Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-04-2009 at 07:48 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #56
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
rippednmichigan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,002
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
Reputation: 76411
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast
Default

MMMMMMMMMMM double chz burgers! Nice squats big daddy!
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash
__________________
Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com


"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #57
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Very nice, Love the attitude. Thats exactly the attitude I had today. I was going to rep up at 220, but said Screw it. put that weight on and squat it.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #58
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,946
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Thanks guys. My workouts have been great lately. To be honest, it's very motivating seeing all the new guys on the forum. It's like having 20 training partners.

That, and I want to hit 500 so bad I can tastify it.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #59
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks guys. My workouts have been great lately. To be honest, it's very motivating seeing all the new guys on the forum. It's like having 20 training partners.

That, and I want to hit 500 so bad I can tastify it.
By the time I hit my target goal of 300, I'll be less than 200 behind you.

TURN IT UP!!

YouTube - Testament - Electric Crown
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #60
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Bodybygamma's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,499
Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Reputation: 104098
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
12/04/2009: Heavy Day

Workout Time: 82 minutes

Workout Grade: A+

Sometimes you just have to slap the plates on the bar, slap the bar on your back, and be willing to die or fail. That's what I did tonight.

You can spend half the hours of each day considering rep and set schemes, training splits, and training approaches. But sooner or later every training routine comes down to man vs. iron.

Man v Iron

I have spent the last year hovering around a 440 squat max. But I haven't been as aggressive as I should have been. Sure, I've put in my reps with 80% plus weight. That really hadn't been working. So I'm trying a new approach:

NDE. Near Death Experience. Instead of doing doubles and triples on heavy day, I'm doing heavy singles between 90 to 95%. It paid off. I performed only 8 squat reps tonight, but my body was pushed, and I can feel it.

I will be rewarded. Or I will break myself trying.

Slap the weight on your back and stop making excuses. What's the worst thing that can happen? Failure? Failure is not trying. And I haven't been trying hard enough.

I also slapped weight on my Yates Rows and Closegrip benches. I'm done just being "strong enough". I know I have it in me.

I know I have a 550 squat, 600 deadlift and 430 bench. I know I have a 1580 total somewhere lurking inside my old body. And I don't give a damn about training splits, and "should I do 4 to 10 reps or 8 to 12 for hypertrophy?"

Do you know who worries about these things? The young and naive. Young trainees, take a word of advice from an old fart.

Lift. Heavy. Weight.

Bench Press
285 x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3

Squat
405 x 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1

Yates Rows
225 x 5/5/5/5/4

Close Grip Bench Press
225 x 8/8/6



Then I ate 4 double cheeseburgers. The end.
I love everything about this post!!!!! Everything. Great work !
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fullbody, hepburn, hlm, log, starr, steve


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hepburn Method Bill Training Logs 96 05-16-2012 09:35 AM
Steve's deadlift thread LtL Powerlifting & Strength Training 5 01-07-2012 07:27 PM
Doug Hepburn BendtheBar Articles 3 11-23-2011 05:29 PM
Steve's Whatever thread BendtheBar General Board 721 06-01-2010 02:25 PM
Hepburn on training Grim83 Articles 0 04-28-2010 05:21 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.