Old 04-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #41
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayaggro View Post
hanks for the video! That actually helped a lot, with a decent implement, I should be able to do something similar. That guy destroyed the event! Gonna definitely look up vids of the other guys you mentioned doing circus DB ... Can't thank you enough, that video literally made my day. Looking mega forward to this event on saturday now!
Glad I could help. The only downside with this technique is that it builds up quite a bit of fatigue in the grip and arms if you aren't used to it. A bit late now with the comp this weekend. This is how I used to train the dumbbell before I bought a contest implement.

Overhead Dynamic Effort - 06/06/2009 - YouTube

See from 1:07 to 5:31. Can't do that with the bigger size dumbbells they use for the HW and pro shows but that is what I did when I was using one made out of pipe and duct tape.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #42
stayaggro
Brawn
Points: 1,286, Level: 19 Points: 1,286, Level: 19 Points: 1,286, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: Since Oct '11
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: BTN Push Press
Fav Supp: Black Coffee
stayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
Glad I could help. The only downside with this technique is that it builds up quite a bit of fatigue in the grip and arms if you aren't used to it. A bit late now with the comp this weekend. This is how I used to train the dumbbell before I bought a contest implement.

Overhead Dynamic Effort - 06/06/2009 - YouTube

See from 1:07 to 5:31. Can't do that with the bigger size dumbbells they use for the HW and pro shows but that is what I did when I was using one made out of pipe and duct tape.
That's actually what I did the first time I practiced it at the gym But wanted to try the full event before the contest. Thanks again for all your help.

As I'm on carbnite, I needed to workout to carb up on monday, but wanted a 5 day de-load, so sunday I hit some benching and carbed up a day early ...

Fat Grip, Close Grip Bench - bunch of reps up to 260 single
Floor Press - 135 x 15, 155 x 10, 185 x 5, 185 x 4, 135 x 10
French Press - 45lbs x 15 x 3 sets
Because the fat grip BP had my forearms on blast, I did some forearm isolation to increase that ...

THEN I ATE

Tonight, I went to the gym to spot a friend on bench press. I did about 15 minutes of anger-walking. Which is walking on the treadmill, listening to heavy music, and hating everybody in the gym. And did some hip, upper back, and quad stretching.

This deload stuff is boring ...
stayaggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #43
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looking strong. Keep killing it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #44
stayaggro
Brawn

stayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looking strong. Keep killing it.
Thanks man, 2 days till comp, I'm stoked!
This deload is the first I've done in my training. I've going to be in the gym twice this week, and both are to spot a training partner. It's given me a lot of time to think. Specifically about the importance of pork rinds. Seriously, I know you guys, as a whole, aren't really into ketosis, but the vast benefits of a pork rind are just that, vast:

Bread and fry chicken ... think about it, chicken wrapped in fried pork skin, and fried again

Zero Carb Cracker ... throw your favorite dip on it, and by dip, I mean can of tuna, and go to town. Enjoy the crunch.

Salty snack right out of the bag ... kill your chip cravings.

And, if you consume a whole bag throughout the day (or in one sitting\m/) you get over 40 grams of protein added to your diet!

Get a bag and get after it!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #45
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

We used to have some quality pork rinds locally. I ate low carb quite a bit and can definitely appreciate them.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #46
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Good luck today!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #47
stayaggro
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
We used to have some quality pork rinds locally. I ate low carb quite a bit and can definitely appreciate them.
Oh yeah, they're worth appreciating. Unfortunately I've only had store bough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
Good luck today!
Thanks! Sorry for the slow update. I think I fared pretty well. Technique and tacky play a huge part in strongman I've realized. None of which I had. haha. I'll be ready next time round though (June 22). I think I did alright, didn't stick around for the results as I had a buffet in my eyes I pretty sure I was out of the top three, but not by much. maybe 4th or so overall. Sorry for the slow updates. been working and just got finished recording. If you like rockabilly music, I'll post up some tracks when they're done. Here are some videos of the contest:

Deadlift for reps, got 3rd overall. Feel I went to slow after they told me to wait for the up command. No straps, stoked my grip held out on an axel:

The three inch handle destroyed me.

Yoke was weird for the first time. and the deep burn in the upper back and quads was priceless.

Hussafel ripped my arms and legs to shreds. I want one. I loved it, even if I was terrible.

I realized no gym strength carries over to a stone. And apparently, according to a really strong masters class guy, tacky is pretty damn important. I will have some next time. Hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Took a day off. did some high rep bodybuilding stuff today. Started carb backloading. Because zero carbs and strongman do not mix I've realized. Thanks for all you guys' help coming into this! I think I found a sport I enjoy immensely...
Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #48
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Wow man, you did great!

Congrats, keep up the great work
Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #49
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Strong work.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #50
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Good work for your first contest. Deadlift looked picture perfect and dumbbell cleans looked strong. Just need to spend more time with the equipment for most of the other stuff. BiggDogg Strongg makes the husafell stones but they are quite expensive. Results for your contest are up on the NAS website.