Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #21
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Strong lifting!

Quote:
I'm digging this abbreviated, assistance-free stuff. Mostly because I know that everything I'm doing is for-sure making me better.
I agree!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #22
stayaggro
Brawn
Points: 1,286, Level: 19 Points: 1,286, Level: 19 Points: 1,286, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: Since Oct '11
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: BTN Push Press
Fav Supp: Black Coffee
stayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good posts

My press is terrible, I'm also on a cut. Don't judge me, haha. Read a bit of Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubik today, so got inspired to do some partials.

Partial OHP from forehead - 7 singles - 155, 160, 170, 175, 180, 175, 170
OHP - 145 x 5, 3, 3, 3
High Pulls - 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 3, 255 x 1, 225 x 3, 225 x 3, 225 x 3

Ate a whole chicken after this.
stayaggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
stayaggro
Brawn

stayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good postsstayaggro has made some very good posts

So, I'm entering a strongman competition. It's 2 weeks from tomorrow. I figure, I'll be in the novice class. I'm not really gonna alter my training, and i'm not gonna deviate from CarbNite, I'm just gonna use it as a training day, kinda see where I stand strength-wise. The events and weights for the novice class are as follows:
-Car Deadlift -car to be determined - Max reps in 60 seconds
-Circus DB - 100lbs - max reps in 60 seconds
-Hussafel Stone - 300lbs - max distance
-Stone over bar for reps - 220lbs
-Yoke Walk 80ft for time - 550lbs

Like I said, I'm not gonna really mess with what I do or try to peak in 2 weeks, I'm just gonna make it a fun training day. and, you know, try to destroy.

-Squat - 380 x 3 x 3 sets
335 x 5

-Deadlift - 455 x 2 x 3 sets

-Circus DB Practice - 80 x 6 each hand x 3 sets
Seated DB Press - 65 x 4 each hand x 3 sets

EDIT - any advice from any experience-level strongman is more than welcome, as the only strongman experience I have is watching HitStrongman's channel on youtube. Thanks ..
Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #24
stayaggro
Brawn

CARB NITE! Man, I've eated a whole role of cookie dough, some doughnuts, milk, a couple pieces of cinnamon bread. I feel ALIVE! 7 more days till the next one. haha.

TRAINING:
Clean and Press - 8 sets of 3 at 190lbs
Tiny bit of Circus DB work
Hammer Curls - 3 sets of 25
Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Good luck in your competition.

I recently did my first competition. My advice would be to have fun. The key to strongman is staying tight in your core. That will keep you healthy. The events will be awkward if you don't have experience.

I am looking forward to seeing how you like it. I am now addicted to strongman, very fun
Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
stayaggro
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Good luck in your competition.

I recently did my first competition. My advice would be to have fun. The key to strongman is staying tight in your core. That will keep you healthy. The events will be awkward if you don't have experience.

I am looking forward to seeing how you like it. I am now addicted to strongman, very fun
Fun is definitely priority number one, and how can throwing stones and cars around a field not be fun? Domination is a very close second though. haha.
Thanks for the tips, and yeah, I plan on everything being new and weird as I really don't have anything to practice with right now. Though I built a very ghetto-tech stone trainer yesterday. Stoked to try it out! I'll definitely keep you updated though here.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayaggro View Post
So, I'm entering a strongman competition. It's 2 weeks from tomorrow. I figure, I'll be in the novice class.
EDIT - any advice from any experience-level strongman is more than welcome, as the only strongman experience I have is watching HitStrongman's channel on youtube. Thanks ..
Good luck. We have a lot of strongmen here. Don't hesitate to start a thread for help.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #28
stayaggro
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good luck. We have a lot of strongmen here. Don't hesitate to start a thread for help.
Hell yeah. Thanks dude. Yeah, I've got a few questions I might need to toss up as they come to me. Overall, I'm just really excited to be competing in something again. Did a Highland Games in San Diego last year and loved it, really looking forward to a bit of that mixed with some static strength stuff.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
stayaggro
Brawn

Front Squats - 5 sets of 3 at 285lbs. Had to change shorts mid workout as they were too tight in the legs to hit depth.

Snatch Grip Rack Pulls - 5 sets of 2 at 415lbs. Makes my left wrist hurt a bit, so I brought the grip in to index just outside the rings for the last few sets.

And as strongman training, baby toss for reps:
Click image for larger version

Name:	47994_184168358400037_1873097384_n.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	8551

Oh, that's my niece, and for the record, I did NOT toss her for reps.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #30
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Strong front squats. And baby tosses.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote