Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #651
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck with the pressing this week. Hope it goes well.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #652
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Smash the Press party Tom!! Thank goodness you are good to go!!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #653
TomGJD
Max Brawn
Points: 4,721, Level: 43 Points: 4,721, Level: 43 Points: 4,721, Level: 43
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Creatine
TomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good luck with the pressing this week. Hope it goes well.
Cheers bud! I will do what I can. I might get videos if possible too.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #654
TomGJD
Max Brawn

TomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beastTomGJD is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Smash the Press party Tom!! Thank goodness you are good to go!!
Thanks man! Very ready to compete now.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #655
TomGJD
Max Brawn

Good enough session today. My forearm was still giving me grief when squatting heavy so I had to cut my squatting one set short to ensure the arm doesn't get too bad and stop me benching tomorrow. On the second full set I actually wrapped my wrist tightly and it made a big difference to the amount of pain I felt but still didn't make up for the pain of the first set. I oddly still had doms in my legs but I got the job done regardless. No time to let a little doms stop me.
squat
60kg 5
100kg 5
150kg 2
185kg 5, 20 sec 1, 20 sec 1, 20 sec 1
185kg 5, 20 sec 1, 20 sec 1, 20 sec 1
Not bad at all. These still flew and I was once again really focused on getting as low as I could, even giving a slight pause to make sure that I can drive out of the bottom of any squat at worlds. If my forearm wasn't strained this would have been an insanely easy session to be honest. Once I keep tight and keep the bar held tight on my back then this kind of weight feels like nothing at all even with the exaggerated depth. I can't wait for this. 4 weeks out and in those 4 weeks I plan to keep getting better everyday. It's ass kicking time.

hammer curls ( oddly didnt bother my foreamr too much at all,it seems to just be squat that bother it)
30s 12
30s 12
30s 12
30s 12

poundstone curls
60 reps, 30 reps, 30 reps ( got in extra as I just kept going on the third attempt to failure again, the burn was brutal)
added these in again to help keep my arms healthy.

I did some general ab work and a bit of stretching to finish. Feeling good. Bench tomorrow. Then more deadlifts on Tuesday. Can;t wait. I will do everything in my power to have 280 plus in the tank at worlds.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #656
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGJD View Post
I will do everything in my power to have 280 plus in the tank at worlds.
Make it happen.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #657
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Looks like you are going to be so ready for this meet Tom. Props to you for getting your tricep good to go.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #658
TomGJD
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Make it happen.
Thanks man! I know I can do it so I will.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #659
TomGJD
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Looks like you are going to be so ready for this meet Tom. Props to you for getting your tricep good to go.
I am very ready to be honest. Mentally I have never been in a better place to do this and I feel very very strong too. I have to now get my biceps good to go but I think it will be easily doable. It seems to just be a slight strain in the forearm/ biceps but it is fecking annoying. I can work around it though and continue to improve for the next 4ish weeks. I've never been stronger though, even with the injuries I still plan to open with a higher total than I have ever finished a comp on. If all goes to plan people will be shocked by the jump in performance.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #660
TomGJD
Max Brawn

Tonight did not go to plan at all really. My right arm was causing me serious hassle once again. Felt fine until I got to my heavier warm ups on bench then I felt pain in my right elbow/biceps when lowering the bar. Really annoying with worlds coming up so soon. This had held my squatting and benching back now for the last few days. Not the end of the world though as I still got work done today and oddly with my left triceps fully healed my lockout is so much stronger that if this new biceps pain got sorted fast I think my bench will be on it's way to being very decent.
paused bench press
60kg 5
100kg 5
120kg 1 pain
decided not to do my sets as I was worried about my arm and the pain was a bit harsh anyway.
deadstop smith machine floor press ( each rep pushed from a full stop and pause in the bottom position, bottom position has my elbows just about an inch or less of the ground, best I can do with the machine anyway)
60kg 5 ( my arm doesnt hurt at all with these, it seems to just be the bottom inch or two of my normal bench)
100kg 5
150kg 6 large PR
150kg 6
150kg 5
150kg 3
150kg 2
100kg 15
these felt good and I was shocked at how strong I felt with them too. I love the struggle to get this moving out of the bottom. takes what seems like forever to get it to budge then it shoots up. Should build great lockout strength which is my weakness these days. ( apart from the biceps now)

tried to bench again and experiment a bit
Paused bench press
115kg 6
easy, even after my triceps were burned out and no pain oddly. I didn't put any major force into bending the bar on the way down ( or trying to at least) and kept my elbows out slightly, not majorly but just not tucked in and it felt fine. I don't want to bench this way if I can help it as it feels so much weaker but it's nice to know if I have to I should still be able to put up a token 140 or more pain free this way. Though I'm sure I will be 100% at worlds regardless. I still can't wait to see what I can do once I'm 100%. I feel and look so much stronger these days and certain things, such as bench warm ups with 100kg or squat warm ups at 150 now feel entirely effortless. They felt easy for a long time but now both actually feel like 60kg max. I am now icing my elbow and hoping that a combo of ice and heat over and over as much as possible will help heal this up fast and allow me to squat pain free Thursday. On a positive note, deadlift day tomorrow followed by heavy rowing if it doesn't hurt my elbow. Board pressing on Wednesday night which should also be fine on the arm and possibly physio on the arm that day too if it is still refusing to harden the fuck up.