gothamsreckoning
New Brawn
Points: 990, Level: 16 Points: 990, Level: 16 Points: 990, Level: 16
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2.5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Mixed Greens
gothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good posts

Again....all work sets. "Missed" yesterday so I'm tackling it today.

Dead 247.5 2 sets of 5. Second set was easier than first for some reason.
Press 106 2 sets of 5. Nice and hard. Best form I've ever had on these.
Curl 75.5 2 sets of 5. Ditto.

Plus assistance work.

I need some feedback. Given the intentionally "slow" pace that I'm adding weight, I'm thinking that while I never should go hungry, I shouldn't eat to discomfort either. I gain fat super fast. Alot of my work weights were much heavier when I was 180 lbs and doing SS, but I looked and felt like complete garbage. As long as the weights and my bodyweight are inching up, we're cool, right? I'm 152 right now, btw, which is small, but I have a tiny frame for a 5 foot 7 dude as well.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
gothamsreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #12
gothamsreckoning
New Brawn

gothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good posts

No reason for anyone to read this yet, although I'd like to make a record of something. I felt a great guilt reading the auto-mails from the website asking why I hadn't posted...had I quit? Not quite. But those emails still stung somewhere.

I've spent the last year in near daily physical activity, whether it be mobility work, hiking, kettlebells, or a schizophrenic style of weight training.

I've learned a lot. I've spent 2014 in an obsession for perfect form. Given that I'm self taught and not a "natural" athlete, this has been a feat. I've cleaned up my diet, among other things. Lifewise, there's a lot I'd tell the guy who last posted in this log a year and five days ago, and he probably wouldn't believe a word.

That being said, down to business. The plan is to knuckle down on a program I've picked. I'll be updating this tomorrow. I don't expect shit from you guys until I prove and contribute. As I told a person during an interview this week: "I can repeat my intentions and what I have to offer you all day, and I know you've heard it before, but I'm just asking you to give me a chance."
Old 04-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck man. Find a goal, focus and smash.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #14
gothamsreckoning
New Brawn

Press 85 2x5 90 1x5.

Squat 155 3x5.

Leg Raises.

by July 20th I want 115 for 3x5 in the press and 185 for 3x5 in the squat. Tuesday I'll be doing Bench and Chins. I'm following a modified program from Bradley Steiner via Brooks Kubik.