Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #41
d_b
Brawn
Points: 1,247, Level: 19 Points: 1,247, Level: 19 Points: 1,247, Level: 19
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

d_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributor

Yeah. Ive been putting this off for years due to my own pride. Im a good coach for others but I cant coach myself.
d_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #42
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_b View Post
Yeah. Ive been putting this off for years due to my own pride. Im a good coach for others but I cant coach myself.
sometimes its just hard to step back and look at what you are doing. outside point of view from a guy like him will be a big help.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #43
Beverly McD
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Since 1987
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

The absolute best lifters ever still have at least one other set of eyes to guide them through their training cycle. More if they're lucky.
Nothing beats it for bettering your lifts.
Really glad for you D.!
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #44
d_b
Brawn

d_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributor

First night of using Brian Carrolls program.

Its allot more shirt work than Im used to so we will see how it goes. I used my big shirt to break it in some and give my jacked up left forearm a break(my meet shirt grabs the nerve and kills it)

warm ups (Im going to do these same warmups every workout before the shirt goes on)
bar*5*2
135*3*2
245*1
335*1
425*1> 1 board
475*1> 3 board
add shirt
work sets were 565 (roughly 80% of 700) for 3 off a 2 and 605 (roughly 85% of 700) for two off a 1.5 board

the 565 was all fast and easy

the 605 sucked. Way out of groove second rep was kind of iffy on the lockout. This shirt needs the sleeves taken it to have the carry through to lockout

close grips
225*8
315*8
365*6

dbell flys and rope pushdowns
3 sets of ea
Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #45
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Keep killing it. Numbers look great.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Big ol numbers holmes, keep er up.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #47
d_b
Brawn

Thanks guys. On paper this work is nothing compared to my usual volume but Im sore still today. Really looking forward to squatting tonight, just wished my suit was here. Its on the way just hasnt landed yet.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #48
d_b
Brawn

I would love to lie and say I did a bunch of work over the weekend but I didnt

I worked up Friday for 745x2 on the squat in basically briefs, I had on suit bottoms but he suit fell off without the belt. New suit is in finally and it fits so Im going to flop my days around again so I can squat tonight. I spent the rest of the workout taking down a monolift and loading a bench in my truck for the meet on saturday.

Saturday I spent 14 hours at a meet. Spotting, wrapping knees, moving equipment but to see all of our guys do as good as they did made it worth it.

Harry my long time training partner finally broke 600 on the bench. Hes trained with me off and on since 2008 and I know hes wanted that number since then.

Ben in his first geared me went 8 for 9 and has a ton of room to improve once he can train more with us.

Jamison had a rough go on the squats but smoked all three benches finishing with 435 which is over a 100lb pr. He has the potential to go 675, 475, 565 in no time if he can tighten his form up.

Joe trains with us twice a week. We have helped him allot with his bench but he gets most of his training input from Donnie Thompson. He killed an 850 squat and smoked a 535 bench after missing his opener on jumping the press command. He was good for 550-570.

And last but not least Cody. Cody I knew was set for a good day. But at the meet he could barely freaking talk the pollen had gotten to him so bad. Every rep hes done on the squats have looked the same for months now. His first two he just stopped about an inch high. He came back and killed 860 on his third. His first bench he missed but that was a bad call. A side judge said his but was coming up, there is no way that happened! He was damn close to 700 on his third. I didnt stay for the pulls (I was already dead ass tired) but he hit a big pull but I know hes good for more. Cody is the training partner everyone needs. He comes in does his work and pushes you. On top of being a good training partner hes a good guy and friend. I know he can go as far as he wants in this sport. He went over 2200 sick as a dog, if he gets his gear dialed in Im looking for 2400 very soon.

Sunday I did a few sets of speed bench and unloaded all the equipment and put the mono back together and called it there. I was shot. I went over the the gfs and took a nap afterwords. Im ready to squat tonight. Ive got 7 weeks to dial it in and Im feeling a little hungry after the meet this past weekend.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #49
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

hope the new squat set up feels good! You know if you gained some weight the other wouldnt be falling off haha

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #50
d_b
Brawn

I wish, I would be 365 then lol. I bought it off Jack Kottwitz and it was originally Mike Millers. The only time its ever grabbed was with straps cranked. Just not a good suit for me. The new though I think will be money. Now if my preds show up today, I may get stupid in there tonight (Dont tell Carroll).