CODY_SNIDER
Cody
Max Brawn
Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: The big 3
CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor
Default day before the meet

Weighed in tonight at 260 on the dot. Openers in, 820,640,680. Ready to get this thing started!!!
CODY_SNIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #52
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODY_SNIDER View Post
Weighed in tonight at 260 on the dot. Openers in, 820,640,680. Ready to get this thing started!!!
Monster.

Make it happen.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #53
CODY_SNIDER
Cody
Max Brawn

CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor
Default Meet results!

Well not quite the day I had in me!

Squats

Warm ups felt awesome! I was very explosive with every rep.

1st attempt. 820

Everything felt pretty good on the take out. In the hole the pressure got to me and came firing up about an 1" high. NO LIFT..No big deal I will crush the next attempt.. so I thought haha

2nd 820.

Take out felt even better on this one. Went down pretty fast and when the gear locked up once again I pussed out and jumped the up call NO LIFT!!

3rd 860

Went ahead and made the jump to 860. My goal for the day was a 2300 total and this was about the minimum attempt to give me a chance.

Probably my best take out. Once again got down in the hole and jump the up call a little bit. thankfully good ol db did a great job of selling it for me for a 3 light good lift!

My goal was to go 3 for 3 on the squat but it just wasn't my day.. All and all very happy with 860. thats a nice 35lb jump from my last meet.

On to the bench.

opener. 645

take out was perfect. shirt locked up nicely right at the chest. Came off the chest ok and slowed down big time a couple of inches from lockout. I managed to lock it out and thought I had it. I actually got up and went to the score table to tell them that would be my only attempt only to save myself for a big deadlift only find out it was no good!

2nd 645

Put a little jack in the shirt and killed it! Nice and smooth from the press call to lockout.

3rd 700.

felt really confident in the shirt after the 2nd so went for the lift to reach my 2300 lb goal.

Put a lot in the shirt. Good hand off, weight felt really light in my hands. once again shirt locked up perfectly right about the chest. got the press command and killed it off the chest then about half way up it went straight over my head into the rack.. I shook the spotters hands and thanked them for saving my life haha

I was wearing probably the toughest bench shirt ever made. It looks like it has been through a meat grinder but keeps putting up good benches. My training partner Harry wore it in the flight before me and beat the world record twice for his age going 570 then crushing 610! Cant ask much more out of a shirt then that. I knew I was taking a gamble using the shirt after him since sdp's dont seem to perform as well when they get a little sweaty and hot. But wouldnt have had it any other way after seeing the old man set the world record! I am super grateful Dave (db) has been so generous with his gear for all of us over the years but I need to put the time and money into getting gear that fits and will allow me to be more consistent in training and in the meets. Once again thank you Dave, Blake and all you other guys for being so selfless allowing me to train on yalls equipment and use your old gear!

On to the deadlift. This was a 2 part meet so we were rounding on about 930 at night by this time.

1st 680 smoked.

2nd 730 easier then the opener. +25 pr

3rd 760 this would have given me a total pr of 2260. Rushed this one a little bit and started out on my toes. got it a little over my knees and ran out of steam. Wont be long and 760+ will be mine

finished the day with a 2235 total. All and all im happy. Had a great time and got to hang out with some really great people. I will say this. South Carolina has to have some of nicest lifters around. Its always a pleasure getting to hang out with all the guys and ladies anytime I can!

Im going to start working with Mike Schultze on my raw strength for the next few months. He had an awesome meet! 775, 530 (i think), and 765 raw. if not for injuring his pec on the 2nd. he would have eclipsed the 550 mark on the bench and likely pulled 800. Really excited to get back to work in a couple week!!

I will post videos soon

Last edited by CODY_SNIDER; 04-08-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #54
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Nice work! Way to gut it out after the missed squats and benches!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #55
d_b
Brawn
Points: 1,247, Level: 19 Points: 1,247, Level: 19 Points: 1,247, Level: 19
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

d_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributord_b is a consistent contributor

d_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #56
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Kicked ass Cody!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #57
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Thats some crazy numbers. Congrats on the 2235 total. You had to fight through a few lifts to make it happen should make it that much more meaningful.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #58
CODY_SNIDER
Cody
Max Brawn

Thanks guys! yes it was nice just getting a total in that day! I have alot of work to do but feel like I have some good things to work off of
Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #59
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Killing it in here.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #60
CODY_SNIDER
Cody
Max Brawn

Default Motivation to get back at it!

This video fires me up! This is my training partner Joseph Mcdougall who broke this record last weekend with an 850 squat like it was no big deal!