Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #361
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Yes I am continuing to lift weights

No Its not going very well, but thanks for asking

And no I haven't been logging them because nothings changed since last time I worked out and logged it.

I've done exactly what you said, but I haven't gotten any stronger. My lifts remain the same.
I can't get anymore reps, and I certainly can't add anymore weight.
Plus, Its hot weather season, so my migraines and headaches persist to make my workouts even worse.

What's more I had a fluctuation with my diet in that I've been really busy traveling these last 2 days, so for those 2 days because I had little, didn't really get the calories and meals in that I needed. Which means I've surely screwed up the adjustment process to see how much weight I've gained in the last 2 weeks because It'll now have fluctuated and will be offset.

My bad gym sessions paired with my schedule for the day screwing up my diet have left me yet again in a crappy situation.

Rectifiable of course, and thats what I intend to do, rectify it. But never the less, its not going great, no. I'll just have to push on with it though I guess.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-30-2013 at 04:30 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #362
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I've done exactly what you said, but I haven't gotten any stronger.
That's cr@p and you know it! You haven't done ANYTHING I've told you so far.

We were just getting started. If you don't post what you do, I can't help you straighten it out!!! If you don't want my help, just say so and I've got better things to do with my time. But don't come on here saying you've tried it and it didn't work!!!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #363
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
That's cr@p and you know it! You haven't done ANYTHING I've told you so far.
You said lower the weight and reps, so I did.

You said don't do the extra sets, so I didn't.

You said get the squat stands built and start squatting so I did.

You said progress slowly, using small increments of 1 or 2 pounds, so I will be doing.

To say I've completely disregarded your advice is bull.

Quote:
We were just getting started. If you don't post what you do, I can't help you straighten it out!!!
But nothing changed since my last workout, what's there to show?

Quote:
If you don't want my help, just say so and I've got better things to do with my time.
Fine. On you go, I'm not stopping you. If you have better things to do, then why are you on a lifting forum dedicated to helping others?

I think we all know I need yours, and the others help, but if you have better things you could be getting on with, then by all means you do that. I'm hardly forcing you to help me am I.

Quote:
But don't come on here saying you've tried it and it didn't work!!!
Since when did I say it didn't work? I said it wasn't going well
as of yet
I haven't thrown the towel in. You asked how it was going, and I told you. I'm hoping things will improve, thats all.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #364
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
You said lower the weight and reps, so I did.
I said lower weight and the SETS (not reps). Last workout I saw, you lowered the weights and did extra sets. Not what I said.

Quote:
You said don't do the extra sets, so I didn't.
Last workout I saw, you did SEVERAL extra sets. Again, NOT what I said.

Quote:
You said get the squat stands built and start squatting so I did.
Good start! How'd it go? Did you use just the bar? Did you get all your reps? Can't help if you don't post!

Quote:
You said progress slowly, using small increments of 1 or 2 pounds, so I will be doing.
The microloads are for later when things get hard. You shouldn't be lifting anything hard yet, you need to gain momentum.

Quote:
To say I've completely disregarded your advice is bull.
Sorry. I guess I should have said you disregarded most of my advice or that you haven't implemented any of it correctly yet.

Quote:
But nothing changed since my last workout, what's there to show?
It would show EVERYTHING. It would also show you were implementing my advice correctly without confusion, show where you are succeeding, show where you are struggling, and give us something to work on.

Quote:
If you have better things to do, then why are you on a lifting forum dedicated to helping others?
I'm here to help those people that are interested in being helped and willing to take the advice and apply it. I am also here to learn from people more experienced than myself. Lastly, I am here to converse with like-minded people to stay motivated and to motivate them in return.

Quote:
Fine. On you go, I'm not stopping you.
No problem, I wish you luck. Just don't say that you tried my stuff and it didn't work. That's NOT true.

Last edited by Off Road; 06-30-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #365
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
I said lower weight and the SETS (not reps). Last workout I saw, you lowered the weights and did extra sets. Not what I said. Then I gave you advice to lower some weights and raise others. Not sure how all that went since you haven't posted anything since.
That was actually a typo, I didn't mean lower reps.

Quote:
Last workout I saw, you did SEVERAL extra sets. Then you stopped posting. Several days later I see you posting on the main forum that you like 5x5 better. You made the determination that 5x5 was better in just a few days? And that wasn't even a complete week of trying my stuff? If I remember correctly, the 5x5 is what got you "stuck" to begin with.
I said I preferred the 5x5 style of training yes, because I feel more motivated and feel more powerful when I'm doing it. That doesn't mean I think thats the best way to go though. Just my preference.

5X5 isn't what got me stuck. It was the way in which I approached progression. With the right progression system, 5x5 would be fine for me.

Quote:
Good start! But have you squatted? How'd it go? Did you use just the bar? Did you get all your reps? Can't help if you don't post!

Agreed. I didn't post mostly because I was afraid of what you'd all say because I hadn't done very well with the workout as a whole.

Quote:
Sorry. I guess I should have said you disregarded most of my advice or that you haven't implemented it correctly yet.
Not implementing it correctly, and disregarding the advice completely are two entirely different things.
I'm still figuring it out yet. It'll come in time.

Quote:
It would show EVERYTHING. For one thing, you said you were going to do different lifts, I wanted to know how those went. I only gave you advice on your Monday session. It would also show you were following my advice, show where you are succeeding, show where you are struggling, and give us something to work on.
Yeah, I understand. I should've posted, but like I said, I didn't do well and was afraid of what you'd all say. (Those still checking by)

Quote:
I'm here to help those people that are interested in being helped and willing to take the advice and apply it.
TRhink about it for a second. Seen as you think I disregard and don't listen to anything you say. Why would I be on here, asking for your help, only to disregard it?

Understand that I'm trying, and I am listening, to everything you say.

Quote:
No problem, I wish you luck. Just don't say that you tried my stuff and it didn't work. That's NOT true.
I didn't say I didn't need your help. That was your quote. You said you had better things to do, I said go and do them if you don't want to help.

I understand how your thinking. That I'm an idiot, that I'm not listening, that you can't really help me because I never get it right.

But please. I've been told to f*** off twice on here tonight because people are sick of me. I'm not doing this intentionally. I'm trying my best to get on with people and to get this right but its really, really difficult, but if you could just bare me for a little longer and then I'll go from here, I promise, you wont have to ever speak to me again if you don't want.
Its very apparent I don't fit in here. What I say always manages to get misinterpreted, and then everyone just thinks I'm a total dick.
I understand why Everyone's annoyed, I really do.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-30-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #366
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
My final advice to you is this; Listen to one person that makes sense and has a track record of helping people get started and progress. If somebody says your doing good, and you know you're not, don't listen to that person. Find somebody that's willing to take you by the hand, tell you exactly what to do, and get you progressing. Suck it up, swallow your pride, and let somebody else take the lead until you get some experience. That's what I was willing to do for you, but it seems we are just bumping heads. So, find somebody that has more patience than I do. Sometimes we just can't figure this stuff out on our own.

Good Luck.
I want to get this right. Your the one with the solid progression system.

Look above. I made a very optimistic start when I dropped the weight down. That was my best workout in a long time, and it was based around what you told me to do, even if I did get it wrong.
I was willing to follow your way of doing it.
Yes, I slipped up. Again. But it was a better start than I've ever had, and with some tweaking it would be ok.

You say I can't figure it out on my own, yet here I am on a forum asking for help to correct what I'm doing wrong.
You say I need help, and even though you have the answers, you can't help me through this starting point, just for a little while until I'm on course?

Fine. I understand.

So thats you, btb, 5kg, and lets face it most of MAB that apparently can't help me.

That doesn't leave me with any other options left man. If I can;t make it on my own, and no one else can help me. Then thats it for lifting.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #367
Randoja