Old 06-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #341
OHDL
Max Brawn
Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Skwattzz
Fav Supp: Milk
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Good work so far man, Keep it up !

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #342
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDL View Post
Good work so far man, Keep it up !
Thanks mate
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #343
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
I do walking lunges and only use 7-10kg db's in each hand because my glutes are actually that weak from years of neglect. You know, keeping in that 1-legged work as a finisher once you have the squat rack would be a good idea.
Progress is all important but you're right not to try and force it. We get bad days and there will be times when you may need to drop weight to get in the reps. It will hopefully not happen too often and if you are honest during each session, you will be fine.

One final word of advice based on my own constant mistakes, NEVER allow one bad session or even a bad week derail you or cause you to make 'alterations', just don't! I did that and it ended up being a circle of error which, several years on, I am still attempting to circumnavigate!
Amen x10!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Focus on you. Not others. Sure, make comparisons for fun and follow the plan of someone who is similar to you and try to replicate their experiences, but at the end of the day, it will take you however long it takes you because you are different than everyone else in the universe.
Keep getting better than yourself and you'll never regret it.

You'll also have no time to worry about anyone else!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #344
Randoja
Powered by Purus
Max Brawn
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 12 years on and off.
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat/Bench/Dead
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
Randoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master member

Subbed.
www.puruslabs.net
www.unbreakablegear.com <--Save 10% on apparel with coupon code MAB10!
Meet PR's:451/270/501 (181) 479/270/529 (198) Best Total: 1212@181 1278@198
Randoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #345
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How's the lifting going?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #346
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Workout number 1

So this was my first proper workout that actually went well.

First off, I did what you all told me to do, and lowered the weight, aiming for higher reps, better form, and most importantly, progression without stalling a few workouts in.

It went great.

MILITARY PRESS - 15KG/33lbs - 5x10 (Then dropped the weight and did 2 extra sets of 10, at 12.5KG/27.5LBS

DIPS - BODY WEIGHT + 10KG/22LBS - 2X12,3X8 (Then one last set un weighted for 8 reps)

ONE ARM DUMBBELL ROWS - 15KG/33LBS - 5X12 (2 Extra sets for 12 reps with 12.5KG/27.5LBS For 12 reps

DEAD LIFT - 72.5KG/159.8LBS - 6X6

I'll now list how each exercise went.

MILITARY PRESS - Perhaps the lift I normally strugle with the most went really well today. Form remained consistent throughout each set. This I feel was the best lift for todays workout.

DIPS - Again, dips worked really well, good form throughout.

ONE ARM ROWS - Went good, but I need to work on form. By the last couple of sets form was deteriorating, and I don't think it was entirely due to the weight. I have to learn how to get the best out of the rowing exercises, so maybe you can give me some form tips, that'd be great.
By the end of the last few sets I wasn't following right through with a full extension like I should've been. Fatigue obviously played a role here, but I think I'd have done better if my form was tighter.

DEAD LIFT - The hardest lift by far, but thats the way it goes with the main, big, compound lifts I guess.
I added 5 pounds to the bar like Steve told me to, and now I'm hitting an average of 6 reps rather than 8 last week.
My aim is 5 reps for dead lifts, so as I get stronger and start adding weight I should gradually move towards the lower reps. That been the goal also for all my other lifts.

As you can see, I added a couple of extra sets on most of the workouts. 2 reasons for that.
1.) Because I was feeling optimistic and wanted to push myself, even if it'd provide me no real benefit than the sets I'd already done.
2.) because my form struggled towards the end of some of the exercises, so I wanted to make sure I'd got the most out of my lifting.

I certainly prefer the low rep stuff rather than the higher reps. I prefer pushing as hard as I can for those few reps.
Ultimately thats the type of training style I'd like to end up doing. The heavy stuff. But today I've realized, like youv'e bee telling me, that I must start with higher reps and a lower weight to succeed so I can move onto doing the heavier stuff, with fewer reps.

All in all, I can see where this is heading now, and I know I'm on the right path, not just with training, but this whole thing as a whole. Diet, state of mind, all of it.
And I only have you guys to thank for it, for making me realize, and giving up your time to help me.
I feel this is defiantly a new start, a proper one. A STARTING POINT.

For the next workout, I'd like your advice on where to go next. There seems to be quite a few ways to progress from here that youv'e told me about, so your insight would be very helpful. Baring in mind also that I'll be studying form of each exercise for next time.

Again I thank you all for helping me, and I hope your not too annoyed with me. I really look up to you guys, and I'll need your help getting where I want to be.

Thanks for reading.

- Linden
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #347
Jen_Zarello
Brawn
Points: 508, Level: 10 Points: 508, Level: 10 Points: 508, Level: 10
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 Year
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Food
Jen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributor

You're doing great! Keep up the amazing work!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #348
Randoja