Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #281
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Mate, don't quit.

It's hard, yes. But it's worth it. It will always be a work in progress. For that matter, every single person in the world is, always has been, and always will be "a work in progress". All of us, every day.

So it takes time and therefore perseverence to sort it all out in reality. Theory and musing is often much neater, but doesn't always meet our expectations when applied, or even mesh well with circumstances and other context.

Better to do what you can, and if necessary tweak "settings" as you go - preferably with help from those with more experience - and to "fail" now and then, in little ways... than to never really try, and forever wonder what might have been.

But of course, in the end, it's you and your life. No-one has the right to tell you what to do with it.

Just advice. All the best, whatever you decide.

edit: Or what Mike said, too.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:38 AM   #282
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Then why did I get a thumbs up for my workout if I was doing it wrong?

I actually forgot about the 12 reps part by the time I got into the gym.

I did everything else though. Even the little one pound bags you suggested for slow progression to make sure I didn't stall.

The lifting is the most important part. I understand that, but its when the lifting goes pair shaped, everything else goes to pot, and I start doubting my progress and the way I look.
first off i dont want to see you quit, i patted you on the back for your workout because your bench and bb row look good, but i was dissapointed when i seen that you completly dismissed off roads advice now you stalled again. STOP overthinking everything STOP watching all this youtube channels about lean bulking. Watch form vidoes instead, get back on track with a simplyifed programe with a progression scheme and take advangted of teen test.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #283
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

If it was fast and easy...everyone be jacked!!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #284
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Ok.

Youv'e persuaded me.

I really owe allot to you all.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #285
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Better yet, just take a few days to think things through...the lifting and progression is not that complex.

As for the whole package, people seldom get it "right" that's why they change things.

You can quit but you may just become one of the people that say "I wish I'd started this years ago", when you have the perfect opportunity to do so now.

Point taken. I've thought about it over the weekend and I'm ready to start again.

Quote:
There's also a question you have got to ask yourself with regards to your modelling career; at the moment, you're young, they are not going to want that young teen look forever...take a moment to look at and consider some of the more muscular physique guys that are also clothing models who are older than you are, because that is what they may well want for the future post-teen model look.
Good point. Actually I did think of this, just the fat gain fear overwhelmed the positives of me getting bigger and proceeding further in the modeling industry.

Thanks Babs
Old 05-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #286
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I did NOT congratulate you on your last workout. In fact when I read it, I decided to just ignore your whole situation. Not even sure why I'm in here helping you again. There is no listening, no understanding, just a belief that you can mish-mash a bunch of different advice and make it work. Your workout is not good, your progression system is rubbish, and you change your perspective daily. I fear that I am just adding to the White Noise in your head. Sorry I'm not being very nice but I feel as if you need a BIG dose of reality. I'm afraid that I just can't help you in your current state. Sometimes you just have to shake hands and part ways. . .

Understood.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #287
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Sounds like excuses and whining to me. I find time to get in the gym, not always easy for someone who is on call 24/7/365. Point is, I make the time.

2.) I don't always "smash the weights." Some days I struggle and fight, but that is what I do, struggle and fight. I learn more about the weights, movements, form and myself on the bad days than on the good days. The good days bring encouragement, the hard, bad days bring the growth. Spiritually, Mentally and physically.

3.) Again, don't over think. this is not rocket science. In both the gym and the kitchen, you go in, get the job done and then you move on. Period. The hard part is not doing it, not even eating right, the hard part is being consistent and persistent.

4.) Always, Always, Always, focus on what you CAN do, not what you can't. When I began, I couldn't squat 50 lbs x 10, it has taken a few years but recently I squatted 260 x 6. Took time. If I focused on the fact that I couldn't squat my body weight, I would have given up. I just took it slow and did what I could. Some days that was 10 lbs more or 2 reps more, some days it was only .5 lbs more. But every day, I focus on what I can do.

You are young. In weight training age, you are still in diapers. Don't rush to grow up, you will only get frustrated. Know that you will grow up and just keep, consistently and persistently, doing what needs to be done.

Thanks for the motivation and advice.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #288
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Linden, don't quit. Push the reset button.

Look at it this way. You are successful in life at something, modeling, photography, making girls smile at you, whatever. You are very good at something. Well, were you born that way? Or did you have to work for it? Were there setbacks you had to overcome? Or just smooth sailing until this point in life?

I think if you want to do something in life you will do what it takes to get it.

Harness the things that you do well to help you get where you are today and use them with your fitness life too. I think perhaps many of us are telling you to be different than who you are and that is perhaps not helping.

You are who you are for a reason. But don't let that cripple you. Whatever it took for you to be successful in other aspects of life, fit that into your fitness goals, but don't let your unfamiliarity with the process bog you down with endless questions and concerns.

Did you get a modeling job first time out of the box, or did you have to work and earn it? Did you have to change things and/or be persistent? Or did you throw your hands up and quit?

Everything worth having in life you have to earn. Earn it now. Come back and keep trying until you get what you want.

Voice of all wisdom as usual Mike, thanks for the tips.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #289
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Mate, don't quit.

It's hard, yes. But it's worth it. It will always be a work in progress. For that matter, every single person in the world is, always has been, and always will be "a work in progress". All of us, every day.

So it takes time and therefore perseverence to sort it all out in reality. Theory and musing is often much neater, but doesn't always meet our expectations when applied, or even mesh well with circumstances and other context.

Better to do what you can, and if necessary tweak "settings" as you go - preferably with help from those with more experience - and to "fail" now and then, in little ways... than to never really try, and forever wonder what might have been.

But of course, in the end, it's you and your life. No-one has the right to tell you what to do with it.

Just advice. All the best, whatever you decide.

edit: Or what Mike said, too.

Thanks mate, I appreciate the advice.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #290
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
first off i dont want to see you quit, i patted you on the back for your workout because your bench and bb row look good, but i was dissapointed when i seen that you completly dismissed off roads advice now you stalled again. STOP overthinking everything STOP watching all this youtube channels about lean bulking. Watch form vidoes instead, get back on track with a simplyifed programe with a progression scheme and take advangted of teen test.

Thank you Lee. I'll start over.

But I have to say I've never completely dismissed anybody's advice on here. As I showed everybody before, I write down everything you tell me.
I just found it hard to get everything how it should be, regardless of how concise your advice was,naturally there were somethings I did wrong and forgot.