Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #251
jiorio95
Max Brawn
Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Fav Exercise: Squat
jiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I
However I can't help but feel I've wasted a whole 2 months doing nothing.
I'm kind of kicking myself.
This time was most definitely not wasted. Follow what the guys are telling you and have confidence in what will come. Every workout you have put in so far is getting you experience and helping build up a base. It won't be overnight but what you want will happen if you keep yourself on track.
jiorio95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #252
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
I did bench press, goblet squats, bulgarian split squats, and barbell rows today.

Dropped the weight down like you said for barbell rows, but also did the same for bench press.

I can see the same stalling thing happening soon with bench press so I dropped the weight down some.
I'll be back to where I was in about 4 workouts I reckon if I progress smoothly.

I trust your judgment and knowledge with this one so hope fully everything will turn out Ok.

However I can't help but feel I've wasted a whole 2 months doing nothing.
I'm kind of kicking myself.

Also OR when I asked where the food would be going you mentioned about carrying on the progression with the dead lift.
I'm still kind of worried though, I mean thats the only exercise I can use for the moment to build muscle? The other ones don't seem heavy enough at the moment until I start adding the weight on to cause my muscles to grow. Seen as you told me yourself that progression was the most important part, I'm a little skeptical when my main concerns are to do with gaining fat, and the main way to prevent that being progressive overload, which I'm now tampering with to a certain degree for the next few weeks, while still eating a ton of food.
it would be nice if you listed weight used and how many reps you done.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #253
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Whoa. You are complicating things and getting things all tangled up together.

You are at the beginning of your journey. Essentially experimenting with everything to see what works and what doesn't, but you have to let things play out for a while to make any informed decisions on what needs to change or doesn't need to change.

It may not seem efficient or perfect right now, but as you go along over months you will begin to see a pattern to your progress, your eating, the exercises that are best for you, etc.

Trust the process. You're getting good advice. Follow it and see what happens over a decent length of time. Then make adjustements or start to worry about something if necessary.

It's in your nature to worry and question, I get that, but try to minimize that as much as possible.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #254
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

WORKOUT

BENCH PRESS - 47.5KG - 5X5
BENT OVER ROWS - 57.5KG - 5X5
FRONT SQUATS - 20KG - 12X3

Progressed in everything by 2.5kg

Things are starting to move now, got back into the swing of it.

Will be finally building those squat stands this weekend which will be great.

Added cardio 3 times a week too.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #255
leefarley
Max Brawn

leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

nice work linden, the bench and row look good.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #256
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
nice work linden, the bench and row look good.

Cheers Lee
Old 05-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #257
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Didn't do a proper workout today.

Just worked on military press form, and did some weighted dips.

Reason being I've got an exam tomorrow, so focusing on that was my priorities, and I needed as much time to revise as I could get.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #258
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Failing miserably.

When looking in the mirror appear to have put on more body fat than muscle.
Everyone must've been right when they said you couldn't stay lean

weight I lifted fine last week is now virtually impossible.

Completely de-motivated

Maybe I should take a breather.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #259
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
WORKOUT

BENCH PRESS - 47.5KG - 5X5
BENT OVER ROWS - 57.5KG - 5X5
FRONT SQUATS - 20KG - 12X3

Progressed in everything by 2.5kg

Things are starting to move now, got back into the swing of it.

Will be finally building those squat stands this weekend which will be great.

Added cardio 3 times a week too.
Quote:
Failing miserably.

When looking in the mirror appear to have put on more body fat than muscle.
Everyone must've been right when they said you couldn't stay lean

weight I lifted fine last week is now virtually impossible.

Completely de-motivated

Maybe I should take a breather.
That's a huge turn around in only 4 days, a single possible bad session and you're really going to base everything on that as a do-or-die scenario?

Looking in the mirror, you're still using the term "appear" about whether you've gained muscle or fat...yet you know that your waist remained the same (correct me if I'm wrong, based on a previous post, a few days back), so it isn't fat gain...you also know that there's such a thing as fluid gain (if you've been reading posts in other threads that have addressed these things for other members.

If you want to accept that you can't gain lean mass and stay lean, fine, but one thing that has not been taken into account is that you are new or relatively new to the weights, and newbies (as they say) can gain lean mass and remain lean; you are nowhere near full potential and you have no desire to be that muscular either, so you shouldn't even be coming up against these issues, for the main part.

How will taking a breather help?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #260
leefarley
Max Brawn

you dident do anything me and off road said to you about reps and progression scheme, now you have gone and burnt out again, so you dont listen do you.