leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

there is nothing wrong with anything you are doing your progression is easy to fix OR is giving you solid advice on how do to this, dont get disheartened just keep your head in the iron.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #232
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

WORKOUT

Just finished my workout.

Shoulder press, my weakest lift, went pretty well. I dropped the weight down to 8.75kg, which allowed me have full range of motion how it should be done.
It was though, but I remained pretty good form throughout. Stumbled every now and then but got it done efficiently.
As far as progressing next time, I don't know weather the fact that it was a manageable struggle means I should be lifting lighter, because I doubt I'll be able to add weight next time and do the same thing without sacrificing form.
I was under the impression it should be hard work though, so I don't know.
If OffRoad can give me some feedback on that it'd be great.

Increased the weight with dips seen as I'm doing fine with them. Probably my strongest exercise along with bench .
One problem is though that I do them weighted, and use a backpack to put the weights in.
I'm not sure how long I'll be able to go before it starts t get dangerous. I fear it might be already so I'm not sure what to do about that.

Didn't do dead lift today as I had a headache, and heavy dead lifting would no doubt make it 10 times worse and wreck the rest of my workout.

The final exercise was one arm dumbbell rows.
weight went up slightly since last week, so they're going ok.

Will hopefully get this squat stand build tomorrow, so I'll finally be able to add squats into my routine. No doubt I'll need help with those once I get going so I'll keep my progress posted on here as normal.

DIET

I'm eating more protein and fats now. Found that a tin of tuna fish almost has 40 grams of protein so I'll be eating allot of that from now on. Increased my fats too by eating more nuts, and having an extra 2 or 3 tbs of peanut butter every time I have a snack.
Allot of you posted great Ideas as to what I could have post workout instead of whey, although allot of those consisted of milk or eggs, which tend to make me have acne breakouts due to my teen hormones been rife.
I'll have another read through what other non dairy or egg stuff people suggested, and I'll check out brutes article he put on that thread too.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #233
leefarley
Max Brawn

leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

what does your progression look like ? when do you add weight ?

i think adding 2.5kg every week could be to aggressive for you.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #234
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
what does your progression look like ? when do you add weight ?

i think adding 2.5kg every week could be to aggressive for you.

Well I added it every workout before.

Your probably right, although those are the lowest weight increments I have.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #235
leefarley
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Well I added it every workout before.

Your probably right, although those are the lowest weight increments I have.
you still havent answerd the question, when do you add weight to the bar ?
Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #236
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
you still havent answerd the question, when do you add weight to the bar ?
"Well I added it every workout before."

I've only done one workout since I lowered the weight.
So I haven't done another one to progress from yet.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #237
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I have to agree with Lee, we don't want you jumping the weight up and stalling right away again. You will need to lower the weight enough to get a few weeks of EASY reps, or stick with the same weight until it feels easy, or add reps until you can get 8 good ones, or find a way to add smaller increments of weight. Many ways to get it done, just DON'T STALL!

An easy way to add small amounts of weight is get some small bags and fill them with 1/2-lb. of metal washers, or nails, or bolts. Then ties one bag on each side to raise the total bar weight by 1lb. Next time tie two bags on each side. Then finally one week you can leave the bags off and throw on the small plates, then start over with the bags again. Many people find that they can only progress about 1lb each week, but after a year you've added over 50lbs to that lift and that's good progress.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #238
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I have to agree with Lee, we don't want you jumping the weight up and stalling right away again. You will need to lower the weight enough to get a few weeks of EASY reps, or stick with the same weight until it feels easy, or add reps until you can get 8 good ones, or find a way to add smaller increments of weight. Many ways to get it done, just DON'T STALL!

An easy way to add small amounts of weight is get some small bags and fill them with 1/2-lb. of metal washers, or nails, or bolts. Then ties one bag on each side to raise the total bar weight by 1lb. Next time tie two bags on each side. Then finally one week you can leave the bags off and throw on the small plates, then start over with the bags again. Many people find that they can only progress about 1lb each week, but after a year you've added over 50lbs to that lift and that's good progress.

I'll try that with the 1/2 bags then.
Seems I probably should of started with an even lower weight from what you saying so, I guess I'll do you other option and jut stick with it until it feels easy.

I have one question though. Where will all the food be going whilst I'm easing off for the next few weeks?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #239
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I'll try that with the 1/2 bags then.
Seems I probably should of started with an even lower weight from what you saying so, I guess I'll do you other option and jut stick with it until it feels easy.

I have one question though. Where will all the food be going whilst I'm easing off for the next few weeks?
That's why you deadlift!!!

Don't skip the deadlift. use the same progression systems on the deadlift, keep that deadlift moving!

The deadlift will put more muscle on your body than all the other lifts COMBINED.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #240
Off Road
Max Brawn

Besides, it's not about THIS workout or THAT workout, it's about where you are a year from now. If you look at my journal you'll see my last squat workout was super-easy. I only squatted 305 lbs and my max is over 425lbs. Why you may ask? Because I am starting light and building up momentum to hit 450 lbs, that's why. I don't care so much about what I squatted on Friday, I care about what I will be squatting a month from now.