Brawn
Points: 1,801, Level: 25 Points: 1,801, Level: 25 Points: 1,801, Level: 25
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey
hardlymovin2003 is off to a bad start
Default Back Again

Hey everyone, I attempted a log a while back in 2011 and it didn't last too long. I failed at, things came up and things didn't go as planned. I'm back again to start my log and track my progress. Hoping to stay here for good this time. I really enjoy these forums because everyone is very friendly and helpful.

I chose a routine (Muscle and Brawn Fullbody Workout 1) from the article section. It goes like this...(I made only small changes IMO let me know what you think)

Workout A
Squats (on my powertec machine) 3x6
Dips (instead of Bench Press) 3x6
Dumbbell Rows 2x8
Upright Rows 2x8
Seated Overhead Triceps Extensions 2x8

Workout B
Deadlifts 3x3
Seated Overhead Press (on my powertec machine) 3x8
Barbell Rows 2x8
Incline Bench Press (on my powertec machine) 2x8
E-Z Barbell Curls 2x8

Now as you can see the changes are dips instead of bench press. I really enjoy doing chest dips and that's why I chose them. As for squats, incline bench press, and seated overhead press these will be done on my powertec machine. It's just what I have and I don't feel I will be missing out on too much. If someone disagrees with me please let me know if it really is a significant difference?...I do have dumbbells but I bought ones that are I believe 24" handles and they use spacers and things to be able to use my Olympic weights on them because that is all I have. They are really too long for me and to be honest I can't get them into place because the Olympic weights make it VERY difficult to balance when trying to get them into place and also the handles bang into one another because like I said they're too long. So again I chose to just use my powertec machine on these lifts because of those reasons.

I'm 5"8 22 years of age, full time college student (going to be graduating in May with my associates degree if all goes well) and I weigh about 155lbs. I've been training on and off for quite sometime now and really just been spinning my wheels. I made a lot of progress before on rippetoes back in 2008 and then stopped lifting and lost all my gains. I've made some progress in the past year from going from 140 to 155 and gained some strength. I'd like to become more consistent and actually stick to a program because I keep changing programs every so many weeks. I'm tired of it and looking to stay here for good.

My diet is just basically eating to fill my calories and macros. It's not the "cleanest" of eating I'm not going to lie. I have two weight gainer shakes that consist of 1000 calories each day on top of about 2 meals of food each day. I have a hard time eating and I've found this works for me. At the end of the day I focus on hitting my calories/protein and filling everything else in with fats/carbs. If anyone has any advice with diet let me know what you think about what I do.

My supplements are just my Real Gains weight gainer. I may add more in time ( I have creatine, xtend, vitamins) but this has pretty much what I have been using for the past year while I jump from routine to routine.

My goals are just to become obviously stronger but more importantly bigger (gaining weight). I really like bodybuilding more so than powerlifting (sorry if that offends anyone lol). I can't say for sure if I would ever want to compete but rather just look better than I look now. I feel I look okay now with a pump but I'd like to look even better. I do like strength as well however I obviously care about how I look more so than strength. Just my personal preference but I do understand without progressive overload I won't get anywhere. I may have spun my wheels for quite sometime now but I do understand things and feel like I know a lot just never been consistent enough to put it to the test.

I know my log in the past may have failed and may have disappointed some of you and myself. However, Please follow me on my journey to just becoming a bigger stronger me and for good this time.

Any questions anybody has please post them I'll be on here a lot to be able to respond and any thing you'd like to critique me on or give advice, tips, pointers, anything I'm all ears.

My first workout with this routine will be tomorrow (I hope this is a good routine for my goals).

Thanks everyone!
hardlymovin2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
northernbulk
Max Brawn
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: Whey iso
northernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributor

do your thing man good luck
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
hardlymovin2003
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernbulk View Post
do your thing man good luck
Definitely..Thanks a lot!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Have a great journey! Glad to have you here.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
hardlymovin2003
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Have a great journey! Glad to have you here.
Thanks! Good to have your support.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
prstylee
Brawn
Points: 663, Level: 13 Points: 663, Level: 13 Points: 663, Level: 13
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pie
prstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributorprstylee is a dedicated contributor

Good luck
prstylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
hardlymovin2003
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by prstylee View Post
Good luck
Thanks I appreciate it!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 AM   #8
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

good luck, on the routine i would keep benchpress in and use dips instead of the extensions.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
hardlymovin2003
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
good luck, on the routine i would keep benchpress in and use dips instead of the extensions.
Thanks for the feedback. I can do bench press but it's either going to be on the powertec machine or I can do Flat DB Bench Press with the 24" DB handles. I own some PowerHooks that allow me to not have to worry about getting the dumbbells up and balance the awkward olympic weights. I can't do Incline or Decline with them simply because I hang the hooks from the powertec and asides from flat bench, the hooks get in the way when I start to press. So what do you suggest Flat DB Bench or just use my powertec machine or doesn't matter?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
hardlymovin2003
Brawn

Workout B...Wednesday, March, 13th

Deadlifts
Warm-Up 135x5, 225x2
275x3, 275x3, 275x3

I felt pretty strong on these today and probably could have moved more weight.

Powertec Machine Shoulder Press
182x5x8, 185x6, 185x6

I started with 182.5 and it was lighter than I thought so I bumped it up a few pounds.

Barbell Rows (strict)
145x8, 145x8

Honestly my lower back was kind of fried from deadlifting so I may replace these with Lateral Pulldowns.

PT Machine Incline Bench Press
240x8, 240x8

Last rep on this was probably to failure. At least I got all 8 reps though.

E-Z Barbell Curls
67.5x8, 67.5x8

I could have easily moved up the weight here but just left it there to finish my workout.

Overall:

I feel I had a good first workout on this routine. I'm not going to be weighing myself but once a week or so. I'm just going to focus on eating and moving up in weights. I may post pictures of myself sometime soon. I got class later on today and I'm feeling really good from this workout.

Let me know what you all think about replacing Barbell Rows with Lateral Pulldowns. Reason being is because I have one arm dumbbell rows in the Workout A and I have no lateral movements or chin ups in this program. I think it would be a nice addition. Also give me some feedback on if I should keep the chest dips in on workout A over Flat DB Bench. I prefer chest dips because I like them and I feel it hits my chest overall better.

Any feedback please let me know.

Thanks everyone!