Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #581
ravimolasaria
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
ravimolasaria's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: India
Posts: 20,085
Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
Reputation: 1203175
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Friday

Saturday
Bench Press
60 (132) X 5 100 (221) X 5 120 (265) X 3 140 (308) X 6 120 (265) X 11

Chest Press machine - myoreps 114kg x 6 + 2 + 2 + 2
Overhead Press
60 (132) X 2 70 (154) X 2 80 (176) X 5 82.5 (181) X 4 70 (154) X 10

DB laterals 14 (31s) x 15 16 (35s) X 10
Dips Bodyweight + 15 (33)X20 Bodyweight + 15 (33) X 12
Strong session Tannhauser ... 308*6 is pure beastly work brother ... Great session over all ... keep up the monstrous work buddy ...
__________________
My Log
ravimolasaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #582
Nathan
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
Nathan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 758
Training Exp: 10+ Years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Breast Milk
Reputation: 35262
Nathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machineNathan is a lifting machine
Default

Nice bench session there!
__________________
Nathans Training Log

Meet PRs
Squat- 331 (belt only)
Bench- 243
Deadlift- 430
Weight- 160

Current weight 144-145.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #583
kitarpyar
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
kitarpyar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,744
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Reputation: 125765
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member
Default

Great stuff. I have noticed (for my own case) that reps fall off more rapidly in overhead pressing as compared to other lifts.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #584
Tannhauser
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
Tannhauser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 3,394
Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Anything overhead
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Reputation: 420334
Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!
Default

Thanks gentlemen.

Sunday

Wow, now this was interesting. I've had a complete break from deadlifting. it must be months since I did any. What normally happens is that my poundages plummet. On the first session back I can barely move 400. This was what I anticipated today, especially as I'm not squatting seriously either (400 X 2 last time isn't exactly impressive). But on my first session back today I pulled a really comfortable 500!

All I can think of is that it is bent-over rowing. I have been hitting the rows hard and frequently - something I never normally do, and maybe that has kept my posterior chain ticking over. Either that or it was the coffee before I went.

Deadlifts

80 (176) X 5
80 (176) X 5
130 (265) X 5
180 (398) X 4
190 (420) X 3
200 (442) X 3
210 (465) X 3
230 (507) X 1

bent over rows

Today I used the smaller diameter bar - what a difference! Half of my issues with rows are grip-related due to my tiny hands.

80 (176) X 5
100 (221) X 8
100 (221) X 8
100 (221) X 8
100 (221) X 8

Barbell curls

Tough work today
50 (110) X 8
52.5 (115) X 8
__________________
230 strict press @ 220; bodyweight+187 X 4 dips @ 180; 403 front squat @ 210; 10 000 push-ups.

Ignoring irrelevant credentials since I was 17.
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #585
OneMorePlate
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
OneMorePlate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,177
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: The one I'm training
Reputation: 194265
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member
Default

Was that a new Rx/ Coffee?
I'm still working with that low percentage theory have yet to implement it in a full training routine, life has forced my hand here. Noticeable size and strength gains from high rep training even with a couple hurtles in the way, goes against what we've been told works.
Believe its no coincidence DL numbers going up with no direct work, take the most efficient training method for results, especially at our age.
Appears your back to most of your previous strength levels, that's awesome. Have come to find out in some cases it doesn't work out that way.
Not pushing hard on squats, no dl's, yet heavy DL's feel good, sounds like recovery gets a thumbs up.
Keep pushing the that old man strength bar up a few more notches.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #586
ravimolasaria
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
ravimolasaria's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: India
Posts: 20,085
Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
Reputation: 1203175
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Thanks gentlemen.

Sunday
Deadlifts
80 (176) X 5 80 (176) X 5 130 (265) X 5 180 (398) X 4 190 (420) X 3
200 (442) X 3 210 (465) X 3 230 (507) X 1

bent over rows
80 (176) X 5 100 (221) X 8 100 (221) X 8 100 (221) X 8 100 (221) X 8

Barbell curls
Tough work today 50 (110) X 8 52.5 (115) X 8
Very very strong DLs Tannhauser and great wts. / volume on Rows too ... keep up the monstrous work brother ...
__________________
My Log
ravimolasaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #587
MikeM
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
MikeM's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,962
Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
Reputation: 321143
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member
Default

Strong stuff Tann! Man, an easy 500 deadlift, that's gotta feel sweet. Nice benching too. Good to see you doing well.
__________________
I am Anton Zdravko Martin!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5 while healthy and fit
"Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often." Fazc.
"Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea." miked96
"Squat:15 sets of 3 with 150Kg
Deadlift:15 sets of 3 with 150Kg
It's not rocket science." Big Swede
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #588
Paradox
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
Paradox's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,125
Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Reputation: 62336
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Thanks gentlemen.

Sunday

Wow, now this was interesting. I've had a complete break from deadlifting. it must be months since I did any. What normally happens is that my poundages plummet. On the first session back I can barely move 400. This was what I anticipated today, especially as I'm not squatting seriously either (400 X 2 last time isn't exactly impressive). But on my first session back today I pulled a really comfortable 500!

All I can think of is that it is bent-over rowing. I have been hitting the rows hard and frequently - something I never normally do, and maybe that has kept my posterior chain ticking over. Either that or it was the coffee before I went.

Deadlifts

80 (176) X 5
80 (176) X 5
130 (265) X 5
180 (398) X 4
190 (420) X 3
200 (442) X 3
210 (465) X 3
230 (507) X 1

bent over rows

Today I used the smaller diameter bar - what a difference! Half of my issues with rows are grip-related due to my tiny hands.

80 (176) X 5
100 (221) X 8
100 (221) X 8
100 (221) X 8
100 (221) X 8

Barbell curls

Tough work today
50 (110) X 8
52.5 (115) X 8

Great lifting, man. Have you been doing only bent over rows, or variations of that as well (chest supported, Pendlay, etc)?

Also, any particular thing you've seen that has put up your overhead press? You're incredible at it. Could be set/rep schemes, other movements, etc.
__________________
Squat 240kg
Bench 155kg
Dead 262.5 kg
Best Total 645kg
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #589
kitarpyar
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
kitarpyar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,744
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Reputation: 125765
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member
Default

Superb pulls. Deadlifts by themselves look pretty strong. Following up with heavy rows is darn impressive
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:28 AM   #590
Tannhauser
Senior Member
Max Brawn
 
Tannhauser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 3,394
Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Anything overhead
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Reputation: 420334
Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
Was that a new Rx/ Coffee?
I'm still working with that low percentage theory have yet to implement it in a full training routine, life has forced my hand here. Noticeable size and strength gains from high rep training even with a couple hurtles in the way, goes against what we've been told works.
Believe its no coincidence DL numbers going up with no direct work, take the most efficient training method for results, especially at our age.
Appears your back to most of your previous strength levels, that's awesome. Have come to find out in some cases it doesn't work out that way.
Not pushing hard on squats, no dl's, yet heavy DL's feel good, sounds like recovery gets a thumbs up.
Keep pushing the that old man strength bar up a few more notches.
It's just coffee My deadlift numbers have dropped without training it, just not so much as they usually do when I take a break from it. I do agree that DLs may be one of those movements where recovery can be a huge factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Very very strong DLs Tannhauser and great wts. / volume on Rows too ... keep up the monstrous work brother ...
Thanks Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Strong stuff Tann! Man, an easy 500 deadlift, that's gotta feel sweet. Nice benching too. Good to see you doing well.
Thanks Mike, good to see you back on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Great lifting, man. Have you been doing only bent over rows, or variations of that as well (chest supported, Pendlay, etc)?

Also, any particular thing you've seen that has put up your overhead press? You're incredible at it. Could be set/rep schemes, other movements, etc.
Thanks Dave. I do occasionally do T bars or chest supported, but for the past few weeks, it's been pretty much straight bent-over rows. It's not an exercise I like, but I've seen a lot of growth in my lower lats and stopping the decline in deadlifts may be connected with them.

Regarding pressing, I attribute it to sleeping on a Voodoo-bed (TM)with my testicles facing due north.

Actually, I train in a really haphazard way and especially with regard to overhead press. I just do a lot of overhead pressing - at least twice a week and often more, with a varied number of sets and reps. I've recently started adding some DB laterals, but I don't suppose they do much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Superb pulls. Deadlifts by themselves look pretty strong. Following up with heavy rows is darn impressive
Hey, thanks Pratik. How people manage to row over 300 I just don't know.
__________________
230 strict press @ 220; bodyweight+187 X 4 dips @ 180; 403 front squat @ 210; 10 000 push-ups.

Ignoring irrelevant credentials since I was 17.
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stubborn Forearms by George Eiferman BendtheBar Articles 6 03-12-2014 08:19 PM
The Two Hands Snatch by George Popplewell BendtheBar Articles 0 11-04-2011 07:26 AM
George Frenn, Powerlifter BendtheBar Articles 0 06-19-2011 09:06 AM
George's powerlifting log muscle_g Training Logs 230 10-18-2010 08:38 PM
George Foreman Grill JBlack16 General Board 10 12-10-2009 12:38 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.