Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Smashed! Congrats. Go get 200.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #12
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn
Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Lactose-free Milk
ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

Ahah thanks.

Man, last night was a pretty good workout.

We stopped by Sportchek and bought ourselves Chucks.. buy 1 get 1 50% lol.. we're the Chuck brothers now. Def felt (or didn't) feel the difference.. first workout I didn't have to think about my heels.. I was just lifting or thinking about sitting back on squats, that's about it.

OHP are still a bitch, I'm having pain at what seems like the rotator cuff. When I go lighter by just 10lbs, it stops.. so I'll be trying some RC strengthening exercises.

DL'd 295lbs, 300lbs will be good next time.. hitting my short-term goal..

Tomorrow is bench, gonna hit that 200lbs for sure!

The only lift I'm not progressing anymore is just the OHP, we'll see what happens with more shoulder work in the 5/3/1.
ndrwdslv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Smash it.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

Thought I'ld share the Wendler 5/3/1 spreadshet I made..

You can obviously change the exercises..

Unfortunately I don't have Microsoft Office, so you'll need OpenOffice or LibreOffice. (Wasn't sure how saving to a .xls would turn out)

I made a cheap macro to round the weights up or down to get 2.5lbs increment. (You'll probably get a security message, check Tools -> Options > Security > Macro Security -> Medium)
If you're paranoid (I understand), just delete the cell contents and calculate yourself. The sheets will still pull from that "Instructions" table.

This is not a replacement for the book.
Unlike most other Wendler spreadsheets, I'm keep this barebone.. BUY THE BOOK!

Download link

Last edited by ndrwdslv; 03-06-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #15
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

Another great workout!

Managed to do 2x200lbs on bench, last three sets at a lighter weight because of rotator cuff pain.

Increased my weighted dips PR to 1x80lbs.. from now on I'll be working with minimum 60lbs

Overall, I'll be doing some rotator cuff light work at home between sessions, I think the heavy weights are exposing that weakness now.

As for the spreadsheet, I worked quite a lot on it tonight, improved it insanely and I'm amazed at what it looks like! Should upload it tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #16
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Anti inflamatories (vitamin I for ibuprofen! haha) and ice are your friend when it comes to shoulder problems.

SOmetimes rotator cuff stuff is actually inflamation and the only thing to do other than work around it, is bring the inflamation down. It's not always an imbalance or whatever.

I had an impinged shoulder and it took me a while to figure that out. Just thought I'd mention it to save you some trouble if that is indeed your problem.

Awesome PB on bench! 2 wheels coming up soon.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwdslv View Post
Another great workout!

Managed to do 2x200lbs on bench, last three sets at a lighter weight because of rotator cuff pain.

Increased my weighted dips PR to 1x80lbs.. from now on I'll be working with minimum 60lbs

Overall, I'll be doing some rotator cuff light work at home between sessions, I think the heavy weights are exposing that weakness now.

As for the spreadsheet, I worked quite a lot on it tonight, improved it insanely and I'm amazed at what it looks like! Should upload it tomorrow.
Solid. Nice progress. Big milestone on bench.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Anti inflamatories (vitamin I for ibuprofen! haha) and ice are your friend when it comes to shoulder problems.

SOmetimes rotator cuff stuff is actually inflamation and the only thing to do other than work around it, is bring the inflamation down. It's not always an imbalance or whatever.

I had an impinged shoulder and it took me a while to figure that out. Just thought I'd mention it to save you some trouble if that is indeed your problem.

Awesome PB on bench! 2 wheels coming up soon.
Gonna bring the ibuprofine tonight, we'll see how it works..
What I find weird is it only hurts during the lift, not after the exercise or the session (even next day)..

Going for DL PR of 300lbs tonight! Last SL5x5 day.. 12 weeks.. what a journey!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Solid. Nice progress. Big milestone on bench.
Thanks!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #20
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

I'm not going to sugar coat it, tonight sucked.

Squats: 3x5 - 225lbs
OHP: 3x5 - 125lbs
Deadlift: 1x2 - 300lbs (new PR) .. tried 1x1 300lbs Sumo, failed.

I was pumped all day for this, but I hit the gym during work, and I was just dulled out from work, so it impacted the workout most likely. Also, my lower back was sore as heck from the squats.. I think doing heavy squats 3x a week for 12 weeks finally caught on to me.. so I'll be taking ibuprofene for the next couple days.

At least I stuck to SL5x5 and finished the 12 weeks. Seen amazing gains, and will be posting a video of the gains made!