Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #41
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Big bench PR.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #42
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn
Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Lactose-free Milk
ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

C1W3D1
Military Press - 5/3/1+ (115lbs for 6 reps)
Close-Grip Bench - 5/5/5+ (worked up to 160lbs for 7 reps)
DB Shoulder Press - 5x10-15 (used 40lbs, used to use 35lbs)
Dips - 5x10-15 (going to start weighted dips cuz I'm doing 5x15)

Good workout tonight. Shoulders is shoulders.. def love triceps.. my fav body part lol
Plus I've lost another pound, feeling so good, like my lightest ever.. yet I'm 183lbs.. feel good eh
Shoulders are getting good definition, bicep/tricep seperation is coming in, legs are solid (lots of seperation).
Only thing left is the damn stomach... but abs are slowly showing through the fat, and stomach's flat so I don't really care about a six-pack, I'ld rather be strong!

Gym took out 2 benches to put in a new power rack (no platform though).
They also added a GHR machine... which people are using for sit-ups.. lol
Got eye'd like I was a weirdo doing glute ham raises on it.. lol..

Almost forgot.. did some plyo tonight, increased my box jumps by 6".. now doing 3-feet box jumps.. form's better and feels more comfortable.

Last edited by ndrwdslv; 03-25-2013 at 08:27 PM.
ndrwdslv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #43
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

C1W3D2
Deadlift 5/3/1+ (275 for 6 reps)
Deficit DL 5/5/5+ (230 for 7 reps)
Pull-ups 5x10-15 (7/5/4/5 compelted sets of 10 with negs)
Kroc Rows 5x10-15 (5x15 w/ 50lbs)

Workout went well, bar was rolling out of hands, had to switch to alternated grip.
Used Sumo stance today, was comfortable, didn't look easy, but felt good.

Not too happy with my pull-ups, dropped 2-3 reps.. but I gotta stop overthinking it and do better next time.
Definitely hoping the deload week will help me explode on the pull-ups since I won't be drained.

Kroc rows went well with the 50lbs, I'll do the deload week with 50lbs, hit 10 reps only.. and then go for 55lbs in next cycle.

Mentally shit's going good, not feeling depressed or lack of energy.. liking the volume and option to play with the reps.

Slingshot should be coming in time for the next cycle.. so that's good news too!
Got the MaB shirts, I'll soon be filming a week of workout with them on.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #44
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

Did some sprinting this morning.. 200m, 400m, 800m on treadmill.
Warmed up with some high knees and butt kicks..
Everything went pretty smooth, better than expected since I was on empty stomach and little hydration.

I'm now back to 180lbs, we'll see if I drop more.. crazy how fast you lose retained water.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #45
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwdslv View Post

Mentally shit's going good, not feeling depressed or lack of energy.. liking the volume and option to play with the reps.
Diet and sleep going ok for you?

Hope things turn around.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #46
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Diet and sleep going ok for you?

Hope things turn around.
Oh yeah, that's what I meant.
Everything's much better now.
And I'm still doing more volume than SL5x5, but just not as CNS intense each session. (1 big lift vs 3 big lifts)

And stopping the creatine def helped with the bloating/weird bowels.
Already lost 6 pounds in 3 days, feeling light as hell..

Will be interesting to do heavy bench at 180lbs vs 186lbs
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #47
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

2013 Goal #1: Learn Olympic lifts.

Definitely going to take me at least this year to get the coordination right lol.. now I gotta get myself a broomstick
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #48
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

C1W3D3
Bench Press 5/3/1+ (160/180/200 - Only 1 rep with 200lbs)
Incline Bench Press 5/5/5+ (115/125/145 - 5 reps last set)
Dumbbell Chest Press 5x10 (65lbs, did 13 on my last set)
Push-ups 14/13/12/11/10 (5 sets with 25lbs plate extra)

Not too happy about the 1x200lbs, was expecting stronger number like 5 reps.
Gym took out an incline bench and the bench press to put in a power rack.. so we have to use a power rack to bench.. feels weird and not as stable/solid.
But! I got that one rep with 200lbs, can't complain. Look onwards as they say!

Incline felt good, 145lbs was def heavy.. not a big incline fan, so probably going to switch to floor press or flat bench with slingshot (if it gets here in time).

DB Chest Press.. awesome gains.. went from 60 to 65lbs, and probably going to go for 70lbs next cycle!

Push-ups, definitely improved, last week I did only 2 sets with the extra 25, this time I pushed hard and did all five sets, hitting 10 minimum!

On a funnier note, I tried doing a overhead squat with just the bar.. barely got parallel.. so I gotta work my mobility even more now to reach that 2013 goal.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #49
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwdslv View Post
On a funnier note, I tried doing a overhead squat with just the bar.. barely got parallel.. so I gotta work my mobility even more now to reach that 2013 goal.
Those things are tricky aren't they? I could only get close to parallel with something under my heels.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #50
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

C1W3D4
Squats 5/3/1+ (max reps: 6x225lbs, new PR reps wise)
Squats 5/5/5+ (max reps: 10x165lbs)
Leg Press 5x10-15 (315lbs w/ rack, maxed out to 400lbs for 10 reps on 5th set)
Leg Curls 5x10-15 (used 105lbs for 4 sets, challenged myself on the last one see below)

5/3/1 squats were ok.. had someone come in and tell me to breathe during my 1+.. completely threw me out of my zone.. lost focus.. 'nough said.. was pretty pissed.

I pushed it hard to redeem myself with that 10x165lbs.. went wider also, back to my comfortable stance, and will be using a wider stance, way more comfortable for me and I sort of recruit more my posterior chain.

The leg press went well, huge increase compared to last week, still hate the instant soreness from it.. but I know better than to change that exercise for something easier

Leg curls, did 4 good sets with 105lbs, fifth one, I tried the whole stack (195lbs) .. did one half-rep and was done lol.. dropped to like 150lbs, did 3 reps, dropped to 135lbs did another 5 reps.. good numbers for low reps I guess!