Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Great work in here,oh look at the PRs!

Them sumos are a bit diffferent then regular deads. You have inspired me to do more inverted rows.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #22
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwdslv View Post
I'm not going to sugar coat it, tonight sucked.

Squats: 3x5 - 225lbs
OHP: 3x5 - 125lbs
Deadlift: 1x2 - 300lbs (new PR) .. tried 1x1 300lbs Sumo, failed.

I was pumped all day for this, but I hit the gym during work, and I was just dulled out from work, so it impacted the workout most likely. Also, my lower back was sore as heck from the squats.. I think doing heavy squats 3x a week for 12 weeks finally caught on to me.. so I'll be taking ibuprofene for the next couple days.

At least I stuck to SL5x5 and finished the 12 weeks. Seen amazing gains, and will be posting a video of the gains made!

Good work man, next milestone on the deadlift is 405 I belive. GO GET IT!!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #23
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn
Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Lactose-free Milk
ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Anti inflamatories (vitamin I for ibuprofen! haha) and ice are your friend when it comes to shoulder problems.
Great call on the "vitamin I" .. my lower back doesn't hurt this morning!

I'm going to keep taking them every 4 hrs until tuesday (next DL session).
We'll see how monday goes, first "shoulder" day of 5/3/1..

Going to get myself a PVC pipe today or tomorrow and start rolling at home on the day-leeee.

And thanks guys for the support, tips, awesomeness!
ndrwdslv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #24
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Great call on the "vitamin I" .. my lower back doesn't hurt this morning!

I'm going to keep taking them every 4 hrs until tuesday (next DL session).
We'll see how monday goes, first "shoulder" day of 5/3/1..

Going to get myself a PVC pipe today or tomorrow and start rolling at home on the day-leeee.

And thanks guys for the support, tips, awesomeness!
During heavy training I take my fair share of Vitamin I and pvc roll!!! Nice lifting!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Them sumos are a bit diffferent then regular deads. You have inspired me to do more inverted rows.
I'm actually better at sumos, my lower back was just shit yesterday.

Inverted rows are def awesome, glad I'm inspiring somebody lol..
It was kind of the point of this log and the YT channel, show a regular guy go from weak to strong, not your typical "guru" with big PRs.. I know a lot of guys at work now come to me for advice or say they're getting motivated by the videos/progress we're getting.

Here's a chart of the gainz we made during our SL5x5 12-week block.

Last edited by ndrwdslv; 03-10-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #26
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

C1D1 of Wendler
DB Shoulder Press 40x5, 45x5, 50x5
Close-Grip Bench Press 95x10, 115x10, 130x10
Military Press 80x5, 90x5, 105x5
DB Shoulder Press 25x10, 30x10, 35x10x3
Dips BWx10x5

Was so happy to get started and do more volume.. well that bit me in the ass! lol

First of, I got to the gym, rack was used so I couldn't do military press (I can't clean for shit).
So I went over to the DB and did the 5/3/1 with those.. somewhat easily (triceps to the rescue).
After doing the bench, rack opened up, so I went and did the MP.. pretty tough eh

Shoulders were getting sore, had some pain again, but it didn't prevent me from doing my reps, I think I may have found the culprit.. we'll see next shoulder day!

I wanted more volume, I got more volume.. those 5x10-15 are intense and tests your mental toughness.
Obviously after all that shoulder/tri work, going for 50 dips.. it was rough, but I didn't bitch out!
I did however stop during my last two sets to take a rest (breakdown my 10 reps basically).

Tomorrow is deadlift day.. looking forward to doing five sets of pull-ups and trying db rows again.
I'm hoping that now that I have lats, I can feel those rows properly!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #27
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

C1W1D2
Deadlift 5/5/5+ (10)
Deadlift (Deficit) 3x10
Pull-ups 5x10-15
Kroc Rows 5x10-15

Wow.. what a great workout this was.
Deadlifts were a good endurance test, going from one set of 5 reps to multiple sets is a big difference.
Pull-ups.. I can't do 10 so I'm doing as many as I can each set, and then use negatives to get to 10 reps. I managed 7/5/4/3/3

Back up a few months, and I couldn't do DB rows.. couldn't feel anything from them.
Last night, tried the "Kroc" rows with a heavy weight (for me) and boy.. my back is destroyed, abs are killing me even today.. what a difference!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

So today I tested my 2.4km run time.. barely made it under 11 minutes.
This was outside on an uneven road and not the best conditions (cold, wet, rocks in shoes)
Not making excuses, but the real test will be on an indoor track.

Anyways, I def noticed that my legs weren't hurting or getting sore.. thanks squats.
I seem to have issues bringing my knees up fast and high, so plyo is probably in order.
I'm thinking ?vertical jumps/step ups/leg raises? before leg sessions, 200/400/800m sprints on Wednesdays (on a Mon/Tues Thurs/Fri training schedule) and then an easy/moderate 5k on sundays.

Shouldn't be too too long to reduce my time, I haven't done any real cardio in the past year. I used to run (last year) and did 5km in low 26mins, so the potential is there.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
C1W1D2
Deadlift 5/5/5+ (10)
Deadlift (Deficit) 3x10
Pull-ups 5x10-15
Kroc Rows 5x10-15

Wow.. what a great workout this was.
Deadlifts were a good endurance test, going from one set of 5 reps to multiple sets is a big difference.
Pull-ups.. I can't do 10 so I'm doing as many as I can each set, and then use negatives to get to 10 reps. I managed 7/5/4/3/3

Back up a few months, and I couldn't do DB rows.. couldn't feel anything from them.
Last night, tried the "Kroc" rows with a heavy weight (for me) and boy.. my back is destroyed, abs are killing me even today.. what a difference!
Good work. Nice to see the rock solid workouts.

Hail Heisenberg!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #30
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn

I'll be working on my squat stance tomorrow, bringing everything in a bit (feet/toes).
This is the 200lbs PR bench.. not the cleanest, but the weight went down and up!