Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Changed the name of your thread.

Maybe CGBP and cable tricep extensions?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #12
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

OHP 62.5kg 5 {wanted to see}
OHP 65kg 3 {where I was at}
OHP 70kg fail {with this lift}
BtN Press 50kg 3x5
Deadlift 157.5kg 5x3
Chinups +10kg 3x5
Chinups +7.5kg 2x8
Pullups, varied grip 8
DB Bench 35.5kg 5,6,7
WG Lat Pulldown 72.5kg 3x10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Changed the name of your thread.

Maybe CGBP and cable tricep extensions?
You are a beast *and* a gent. Thank you.

And thanks leefarley, for your advice. Taking all suggestions on board, seeing what I can sort out that will hopefully work best for me.
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

strong work dray your best bet for advice is from btb or the other big dudes they have lurking around here mine are just suggestions.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
strong work dray your best bet for advice is from btb or the other big dudes they have lurking around here mine are just suggestions.
Thanks! Still mucking around with accessory lifts or whatever you call them, but I try to be diligent with the bread and butter stuff. Doing okay on those so far.

And hey, anyone that seems legit and sane, I'll at least listen to. Then sort, sift, and stuff. Most of all, just trying to focus on getting in there 3 time a week, putting hard work into the big lifts, and actually eating more food. That last bit's the most difficult thing for me. I still feel, and probably look, scrawny.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Thanks! Still mucking around with accessory lifts or whatever you call them, but I try to be diligent with the bread and butter stuff. Doing okay on those so far.

And hey, anyone that seems legit and sane, I'll at least listen to. Then sort, sift, and stuff. Most of all, just trying to focus on getting in there 3 time a week, putting hard work into the big lifts, and actually eating more food. That last bit's the most difficult thing for me. I still feel, and probably look, scrawny.
you wont go wrong with the bread and butter stuff, btw i'am not sane lol .

the eating part and getting enough protein is harder then lifting at times for me too.

your lifts arnt scrawny your doing well.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Keep smashing Dray.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #17
Dray
Max Brawn

Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

My upper leg/groin is still weird (yeah, haha) so, after trying some warmups with just the bar with me not feeling any better, I decided they weren't going to happen. Pissed off with myself (for whatever I've managed to do), and I can only hope I'm ready for squatting by week's end.

So I just did:

Bench press 77.5kg 8,6,6,6,6 ss w/ pullups 10,10,8,8,6
DB row 35.5kg 12,12,12
triceps
abs

That's it. :/ Didn't feel right at all...
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #18
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Solid training and good work too. Another who believes in the basics I see

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #19
Dray
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Solid training and good work too. Another who believes in the basics I see
Thanks!

And aye. Everything else is open to experimentation (though I might want to curb that a bit... hm) but squats, deadlifts, bench press, strict press, rows, chins and pullups, and maybe dips too - these are "core" for me. Sometimes I think I should just go back to doing only those things, actually.

Some varations on them is fine, like front sqats, stiff-legs, Db Row/BB row, but the gist remains the same. And I like conventional deads too much to bother with SLDL too often, for instance.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

My upper leg/groin is still weird (yeah, haha) so, after trying some warmups with just the bar with me not feeling any better, I decided they weren't going to happen. Pissed off with myself (for whatever I've managed to do), and I can only hope I'm ready for squatting by week's end.

So I just did:

Bench press 77.5kg 8,6,6,6,6 ss w/ pullups 10,10,8,8,6
DB row 35.5kg 12,12,12
triceps
abs

That's it. :/ Didn't feel right at all...
Numbers look good though. Nothing but good will come from that work.