Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #111
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Smash it!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #112
IainK
Max Brawn
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 20
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Hard work in a can
IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

7/4/13

BDFPA British Champs (Stafford Uni)

BW 88.7kg

Squat;

230 good lift
235 good lift
242.5kg no lift (not upright 'enough' at the top)

Well started off with a wobble at todays Brits. Felt fine warming up but my opener felt awefull. So slow and felt wipped out after! I was seriously worried. Had been ill in the week and for a moment felt like it had strung me out more than I suspected. Got it togther and then smoked the 235kg on a second lift and was back in the game! Went for 242.5kg on my third which would have been a pb for @90kg (and without knee sleeves). After an almighty grind got it up. However got two reds. I intially thought it was for depth (as it was borderline to be fair), but turns out I was not quite 'errect enough' and back at the top of the lift. Seemed tough and looked pretty fine on vid but two judges did see the same I think. Although thinking on it now not sure if the side ref called it on depth and front the other issue as didn't ask the side ref. Anyway that was that, not a great start. Doing 670kg was looking shakey now..... and it was indeed

Bench press;

137.5 good lift
147.5 good lift
152.5 good lift (Meet pb)

Got moving on the bench and all felt very good. No lift was that much trouble. Played safe on the last lift and just did enough to get a pb. Job done there! Happy days!

Deadlift;

250 good lift
265 good lift
275 good lift (meet pb)

Finished with an excellent set of deadlifts. Very nice work. Top 3 places were decided by second lifts (in hindsight). Again prob another 5kg in the deadlift but played safe for a meet pb and to make sure 2nd place was secured if he lifted his 3rd attempt.

Total- 662.5kg (pb @90kg BDFPA)
2nd place

Overall pretty happy with today. Only 2.5kg of my best total @93kg. So minus a few kgs and without knee sleeves. Not that happy with my own squating though. Think I pushed too hard this phase. I should have set my training % based on a 240 squat (my pb for this fed and regs) as opposed to 250. Think that would have meant more volume done and better tech. Instead I was a bit on the 'edge' alot and just pushing too hard for too long. Result being I was a little jaded.

But the good side was the bench and deadlift felt great and moving as expected.

Next step is to start eating and get close to 95kg morning weight by summer so I can be as competetive as possible in the 93kg class come Octobers GBPF Classic Champs!

I didn't take any vids but my mate did the lot so will have to arrange some transfer at some point!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #113
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

massive weight , well done Iain.
looking forward to the vids.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #114
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Great work mate. Well done.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #115
IainK
Max Brawn

IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

Thanks guys. Feel pretty decent today. Weak, tired, but not ruined.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #116
IainK
Max Brawn

Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #117
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Super strong work in here. I'll have to follow.

EDIT: Very nice meet. Weird call on that last squat.

Last edited by Paradox; 04-09-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #118
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Very strong work. I think I can see what they mean on that last squat: looked like you leant forward and were a little keen (understandably after grinding the rep out) to get the bar racked. Looked like your upper body might have jumped the gun just a little bit. Loved the head nod on the last deadlift, just to let everyone know what was up
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #119
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Very strong work. I think I can see what they mean on that last squat: looked like you leant forward and were a little keen (understandably after grinding the rep out) to get the bar racked. Looked like your upper body might have jumped the gun just a little bit. Loved the head nod on the last deadlift, just to let everyone know what was up
I think that's poor judging (EDIT: By the judges, lol, not you), personally. He didn't actually make a movement (from what I see) toward the rack with his feet, and I can't find anything in the IPF rulebook about leaning of the torso. The only thing I can see is if the judges were very nitpicky on this rule:

"The lifter must recover at will to an upright position with the knees locked."
"Failure to assume an upright position with the knees locked at the commencement or completion of the
lift."

Perhaps they were being stingy on the "upright."

Also, HOLY wide stance.

Last edited by Paradox; 04-09-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #120
IainK
Max Brawn

Cheers guys.

I can see both points. Was was not totally balanced. However I was still in control and actually if the ref had waited a second or so longer befiore giving the rack command I prob would have settled. Felt like he gave it quick and I was indeed only too happy to rack it as I was fucked! lol

Nobody said anything about moving before the rack command. I was just told, in esscence, that I just hadn't finished the lift.

However hey ho you win some you loose some, and tbh not to concerned, interesting call though it was