AF-Iron
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Coffee
AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

Today dragged on forever

squat 5x5 245
bench 5x5185
row 5x5 160
shrug 3x8 225
AF-Iron is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #212
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

going to bump up the weights next time. Felt good today

squat 5x5 245
deadlift 1x5 260
OHP 5x5 110
CGBP 3x8 155
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #213
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

this morning was cardio on a bike for 45 mins.

afternoon training went well
squat 250 5x5
bench 185 5x5
row 185 5x5
shrug 235 3x8
Old 05-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #214
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Squat 250 5x5
bench 185 5x5
row 190 5x5

and to change it up 3x5 95 hand cleans
Old 05-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #215
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Been busy with work. Havent had time to train. Got hammered by an inspection, and now we have longer hours and no PT during the duty day.

Yesterday wasnt great. Been exhausted from work.
3x5 250 squat (my quads were dead after the 3rd set)
1x5 deadlift 275
OHP 5x5 115

Today was just pure volume for bench

bench 10x10 155

I have surgery next week on my lower legs. Getting the anterior and lateral compartments opened. Wont be able to walk much or train lower body at all for a while. Hopefully i can run pan free after recovery and physical therapy. Going to switch to an upper body program for the duration. Split bench/rows/dips/pullups with accessories and then followed by cardio. Still working out the programming details
Old 06-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #216
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Surgery yesterday went well, aside from several attempts to get the iv in, and the poor cute nurse being told she has to shave my legs. Walking is a challenge right now. Start physical therapy tomorrow morning.

Been in and out of sleep. The more I get up and move, the quicker sleep sets in. Between that and the morphine/norco, I have no appetite and cant get much food down without feeling a bit of an upset stomach.

Hoping if I can get up more, I will get more use of my legs back. Finger crossed.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #217
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Surgery went well. Been fighting to stay awake and cognizant this week. All of the medicine has made that a challenge. Had 3 days of physical therapy this week. So far so good. I have most of my range of motion and can walk unassisted for a ways. Have 5 more weeks of physical therapy 3 days a week. Oddly my hands are bruised and sore from being hooked up to the iv. Had 2 failed attempts to get it in before they switched hands.

Went back to the gym for the first time. Didnt do as well as I would have liked. I havent eaten much this week or moved, so my strength was down. Sticking with upper body only until after im done healing. Walking on crutches is also taxing. My grip wants to give out at times, and it makes my back a bit sore.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #218
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Physical therapy is going well. Almost no need for crutches anymore.

After work I decided to go in and do dips. I didnt count how many sets of 5 I did, but it was a few. At the time it was fairly crowded and I was medicated. Got home and did 3x5 bench with 155 using fat grips. felt good.

Been using a pedal machine while sitting in my recliner after work to get some cardio and speed up recovery. I took Jason Blaha's advice and put on some videos and games. Time flies by and hundreds of calories get burned. Absolutely brilliant.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #219
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Had a good physical therapy session and trip to the doctor. My legs are healing up,but still feel very sore. Doing lots of mobility work and quad/hip endurance work to prepare for running again.

After that I sat down and did some bench work. Not much since I was gone most of the day, but a bit. The weight has gone down a good bit from not eating enough and not training.

5x5 with 160 then 5x5 with 135. Going to try to do back tomorrow
Old 06-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #220
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Not much of note lately. My legs itch like crazy. Hoping im not allergic to dissolving stitches. All red and puffy by my cuts. No pain, just unbearable itch.

Did 5x3 pullups. weighted with an extra 10lbs in addition to the weight of clothes and shoes.