AF-Iron
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Coffee
AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

The burpees were killer, but I did those a couple hours after the squats. Legs have been like jello after that. I normally dont feel sore until the next day or so, but it lasts a few days.

Im sore as shit. Was supposed to help my supervisor move his stuff, but yesterday the movers came with my furniture, I I wound up unpacking and moving it all. Letting my wife set up everything since she will do it anyways. We like the house, but it does require a lot of upkeep and things we didnt expect. Like having to buy a washer/dryer. Would have thought the houses would come with them.
AF-Iron is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #102
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

Just had our hours increased at work, so less time to train and be at home (about an hour walk home). But now I got some of my training equipment at home. Been doing sets of 5 70lb overhead fatgrip presses, pullups, chin ups, and 80lb dumbbell overhead presses.

Training today was quick since I have to get home earlier to spend time with my wife (she works different hours than I do).
135lb fatgrip bench.
10-8-5-3-5.
5x5 120lb machine chest press.

Going to add 10lbs to my bench next week and see how that goes. Getting a bit easy at 135, so time to bump it up.

doing my at home routine every night and morning now. Going to see if that improves my numbers. Keeping weight and reps low so I dont burn out. Also what is everyones opinion on using 7 keto to burn off the extra fat from bulking?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #103
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

So you and your wife work different shifts? That must be rough. I remember when my sister and bro-in-law first got married, they hardly saw each other because she worked 7-3 and he worked 3-11. I felt pretty bad for them, but they actually got through it okay.
I know you must've had some burn goin in your pecs after that workout. Looks like there was a pretty big drop in reps as the sets progressed. I'm guessing you took very short rests? Either that or maybe you're more primed right now for heavy lifting than volume work?
I have no experience with keto. The only weight loss "supplement" I can speak to is clen lol. But you have to be careful with it.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #104
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Yea I I work the day shift, so im off mid afternoon. My wife goes in a couple hours earlier and comes home right when im going to bed. Our supervisor is doing this so everything gets done before he leaves and we get a new guy in charge. Aldo doesnt help that we are undermanned right now with a few people on leave, and a couple more out doing other assignments. At least we arent maintainer though. They have it rough. 14-16 hour shifts 6 days a week. They say you know you know you are a maintainer when you have drinking, legal, and marital issues all at once.

I took maybe 30 second rests. Was in a bit of a hurry since it gets crowded after work. Im going to try to keep the reps lower this week, but the overall daily volume the same or higher. Adding in the pullups and overhead presses whenever I have a spare moment at home.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #105
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Mixed it up a bit today. Did crossfit with my coworkers after our shift ended. Did a Fran in 7:10.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #106
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-Iron View Post
Mixed it up a bit today. Did crossfit with my coworkers after our shift ended. Did a Fran in 7:10.
I was going to say "I bet she appreciated the quick service", but I actually know what a Fran is.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #107
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Despite all the quirky schedules and such your still doing great.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #108
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

We get a new PT time next week, but everything should go smoothly with that.

One of my coworkers is moving, so I may buy his bench, bar, and 200lbs in bumper plates before he goes. One step closer to a decent home gym.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #109
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Today was short in the gym.
5x5 155lb fatgrip bench
5x5 120lb incline chest press machine
5 80lb thrusters
Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #110
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn

Arm day
5x5 70lb curls
3x5 60lb close grip overhead tricep extension
3x10 dips
5x5 160lb lat pulldowns
5x5 50lb cable curls
3x10 70lb tricep cable pulldowns